Blood in syringe?

Why wouldn't you aspirate? It's flicking the syringe back. You're not losing any time or effort. I have saved myself bigtime on a couple of shots by aspirating everytime.

Aspiration

In this one...I've got to take a shot...sorry guys...

Not aspirating is just plain stupid.

You're risking pulmonary embolism, stroke or heart attack, all of which could be caused by not aspirating.

I'm in the med field in the past...we always aspirate...when you say you've never seen a doctor aspiration...that could be because they are using water base or something like that but probably you're just not *seeing* him aspirate...he's aspirating if he's doing an IM shot. He probably has given so many of them that he's just good and quick at it.

Last edited:
Lucky13 said:
Hey Aczech how much liquid and how fast are you injecting with each shot ?

2.5ML EOD, thigh glute, delt rotation....occassional pec.
Takes about 60 seconds.

I've pulled out and had blood come pouring out, i just hold my alcohol pad on it to stop the flow. (so, i've been through veins)

Whether or not I've ever actually injected straight into a vein, I don't know. Maybe I spend more time hitting a proper spot. I can see most the veins in my leg near the skin, so that helps. But delts and gluts, I can't see shit.

From personal experience, I insert the point slowly and if it isn't going in smoothly, i'll pull out and hit a new spot. If I'm injected and it starts the burning sensation, I pull-out and hit a new spot. I've dumped the oil next to a nerve one too many times to keep pushing when i feel that burning pain. Shit cripples me for 3-4 days

That's a shed load of oil, with my first injection ever I aspirated and drew blood...I guess I'm unlucky like that ;)

Back