boulder shoulders

VegasBoy

can you guys give me some excellent delt excercises for mass?whats the difference between doing military presses and doing it in front(if that makes sense).

vegasLife

Delts

My delt routine is as follows:

Smith behind the neck presses: 3 warm ups, 2-3 sets to failure at 4-6 reps

1 arm cable side laterals behind the back: 2 sets to failure at 6-8 reps.

Icarian read delt: 2 sets to failure at 4-8 reps.

Dumbbell shrugs: 2 sets to failure at 6-8 reps.

Thats it, I hit delts once every 5 days...

Stroyer

(1) Smith Machine Presses 12-10-8-6
(2) 1 Arm Laterals 10-8-8
(3) Reverse Flyes 12-10-8
(4) Dumbell Shrugs 12-12-10

I never go behind the neck anymore because I've injured myself several times doing that. IMO the best exercises for delt mass are presses. Seat dumbell presses are generally my favorite, but I switch off with barbells too. I always follow that up with lateral raises.

i also like doing the shoulder presses on the smith ,add some side laterals seated to make them a bit harder and some reverse laterals(flyes)..these you can do laying on a bench or standing with top cables....don't do your presses behind the neck.i also tweaked my shoulder this way,keep them in the front.no difference,and if there is..it ain't much,and ain't worth it........:D

Behind the neck

The ONLY time I will do them behind the neck is on the smith, never with a barbell !! I alternate smith & dumbbell presses & once & awhile a shoulder press machine, but thats aobut it for pressing movements that I use...

Stroyer

Trevdog said:
I never go behind the neck anymore because I've injured myself several times doing that. IMO the best exercises for delt mass are presses. Seat dumbell presses are generally my favorite, but I switch off with barbells too. I always follow that up with lateral raises.

i generallyy do something like this
military press 4 sets of 8-10
bent over laterals 4 sets of 8-10
front arm raises 4 sets 8-10
machine shrugs 4 sets 8-10
db shrugs 2 sets 8-10

what i do is this:

Arnold press: 3 stes of 10
Front raises: 2 sets of 10
lateral raises: 3 sets of 10
posterior flyes: 3 sets of 10

and thats all i do for shoulders.

Anyone ever do "Static Lateral Raises"??

They are just regular lat raises, only you hold the db's at the top for a 10 count. 3 sets of 10 reps & feel the burn !!

that sounds like it would burn, i have something for your anterior delts.

lay flat on a bench, put 25lb plate on each side (it will feel heavy) and keep your arms straight. Now, while keeping your arms straight, lower the bar to your groin and explode back up.

I love behind the neck press with barbell and havent had any real problem. I go up to 225lb then 205lb, 185lb etc then go straight to side dumbell raises and my shoulders burn!!

ive done static raises on my last set for about a year now , they suck , but they work, i can fell the burn just talking about it.

I like to preexhaust my shoulders.
Dumbell Lateral raises
Smith machine heavy presses 2 sets for 10 reps

Front raises
Smith machine heavy presses 2 sets for 10

Bentover raises
Smith machine heavy presses 2 sets for 10

This will really torch your shoulders if you can handle it.

Back