Chest/shoulder exercises needed that DO NOT strain rotaror cuff!!!!

Alpin

Hey I need some good exercises for chest and shoulders.
I been advised by docs, physio etc to lay off the heavy bench barbell presses and military presses.
I'm doing ROTATOR cuff work everyday but I can't bench like I use to cause right shoulder kills....

What can I do in the meantime not to lose strength and mass in chest and delts so I can heal these ROTATOR cuff muscles for a few months...

Dips, reverse grip bench presses, 90 degree presses for chest and shoulders. Machines would be your friend right now. Stay away from upright rowes and full range presses. Don't go too heavy on the weight either.

I currently have a torn labrum and sever pain in my bicep tendon where it attaches to the labrum in the shoulder joint.

I cannot due BB Bench or Wide Pushups or anything like that, but I have been doing alot of cable flyes and Landmine Presses (They are my favorite). My chest has actually gotten bigger and this doesn't hurt my shoulder at all so you may want to give them a try for a while and see if it helps.

Also I noticed tbonexl says to try dips but i would avoid these because part of your rottator cuff sits on the top part of your shoulder under the AC joint and when doing a dip it can press your humerus bone up along witht he rotator cuff being pressed into the bursa. (I guess it all depends on which part of your rotator cuff is inflamed etc)

Back