Bro just died, possibly ephedrine related

Powerhouse9

Friend of mine died Sunday while playing semi-pro football. I heard he had taken 5 ephadrine tabs prior to the game. He complained of shortness of breath and chest pains but continued to play. Then on one play he made a hit and felt something pop in his chest. They took him to the sidelines as he started to die and tried to resesitate him. They pronounced him dead at the hospital. I guess from what I hear his heart was racing so fast that when he made the hit, his pulmonary artery burst. So for all those out there using the ephadra, be careful bros. Don't over do it.

I am not totally blaming it all on ephadra but you can't say that it couldn't of excellerated it or contributed to it. We all know the effects ephadra has on metabolic heart rate and all.

I am very sorry for your loss.

However, no offense bro, but what was your friend thinking?
I mean with all of the media going on about ephedra, and all of these recent deaths that are supposedly 'related', why on earth would he pop 5 pills?
That is just plain stupid! Unfortunately he had to find that out the wrong way!

It is guys like this that cause supplements a bad rap!

Again, sorry for the loss!

5 pills meaning 125mg? Thats crazy... I've done 175mg of ephedra because it never did dick for me.

But couple high doses + running your (I assume heavy) ass off in a game? He pushed his luck I'm sad to say. If he had low blood pressure that would account for even more of an abnormal heart rate.

Regardless I'm sorry this happened, suckage.

my condolences bro. see if he had any heart problems before the incident, as in were his arterial walls srong to begin with? Did he have Hypertension to begin with.

Jesus, this kind of news is terrible. Most of us have used the stuff and went and played sports. I know I did when I was playing hockey and to think that it could have actually been one of us in your buddies place is scary.

Very sorry bro. I have to agree with Mudge,crazymike and spectre however, he should have been more careful and not taken double the dose. Our supplements have been coming under attack alot lately because of things like this. In hospital visits per drug here is an example of the countdown.

#1 Aspirin
#2 cough syrup
#3 allergan related drugs
Ephedra or ECA stacks were #10 is all I remember.

If this keeps up soon we will have to get aspirin through prescription. Again sorry for the loss bro.

this sucks but it goes to show what can happen if you take supplements irresponsibly. sorry about your bro dying.

This should hit the papers today. Where was he playing? The media will eat this shit up .
What team was he on? What position?

Back