Can security Dogs detect AAS?

No, there is nowhere near the demand for mexican steroids as there is for cocaine/meth/weed. Why waste man hours training a dog to catch a few hundred ml here and there if even that? Fuck vet grade gear, I had my fun with that...No bueno.

The answer is yes. They can detect anything they are trained to detect including drugs, dead bodies, living people, guns, explosive materials etc etc.

Now the real question is are they trained for that?? I've never heard of a dog trained to detect AAS. Would they smell the hormone or the types of oil?? It is possible but I can't imagine anyone would waste their time because they have to practice with dogs for hours upon hours for their search and detection to be considered credible. There are more concerns coming thru the boarder than gear especially in Texas right now with all the problems with cartels and boarder wars.

The answer is yes. They can detect anything they are trained to detect including drugs, dead bodies, living people, guns, explosive materials etc etc.

Now the real question is are they trained for that?? I've never heard of a dog trained to detect AAS. Would they smell the hormone or the types of oil?? It is possible but I can't imagine anyone would waste their time because they have to practice with dogs for hours upon hours for their search and detection to be considered credible. There are more concerns coming thru the boarder than gear especially in Texas right now with all the problems with cartels and boarder wars.

Very true User, they can be trained for anything, but I know on californias Border they have bigger fish to fry than some frat boy hitting Tijuana for some testosterona.

Absolutely! The issue arises when say an employer or even a border official says we are looking for all aspects of what is in our work camp or what crosses our border in this area. Albeit rare, but yes dogs can find AAS and anything else their handlers wish for them to find. With ease!

yes at texas / mexico borders but it is random so chances of getting the dog are 50/50 lol but they are trained for aas

doubtful, but i don't know 100%. They're trained to find certain smells. I don't think aas is one of those.

+1
remember, training those dogs costs money. If you had to pick from explosives, pot, herion, cocaine, aas, what would you spend the money to train the dogs on? If people were dying left and right from taking steroids and roid raging to the point where there running though the streets hacking people up, then I guess the gov't would make the xtra effort. But there's more important stuff to look for. Besides, I'ts unlikely a dog can smell aas through a vial.

Last edited:
dog detection

the answer to that question is YES. they are trained for more than one specialty. there are some trained specifically for bombs, chemicals for bombs, gun powder, etc..but most would have covered hormones in their training. sure it's not what they are looking for necessarily, but they will take whatever they can get if you know what I mean. if you were on cycle and hiding, just hypothetically, the dog would smell you even quicker than usual due to the testosterone you would be emanating.those fuckers can smell anything...lol

As someone who has trained K9s before this is 100% on the nose. You can teach a dog to signal on comand for anything he can smell.. If you wanted to you could teach them to signal for computer chips, some do DVDs to check for bootleggers coming from china, or any thing else however I have never in my time heard of this... they have much bigger worries and thats not one of the things they are looking for. Plus they would have to train on every different AAS because not one substance is the same... the dog would reconize them as something else...

they may not be trained to detect gear, but they CAN detect when someone is NERVOUS/ANXIOUS which will draw attention for sure

Just do a old trick people do
Hide it in some type of meat like a steak when the dogs sniffs it they'll take its cuz of the meat

No, there is nowhere near the demand for mexican steroids as there is for cocaine/meth/weed. Why waste man hours training a dog to catch a few hundred ml here and there if even that? Fuck vet grade gear, I had my fun with that...No bueno.

I am with Chris on this one. Screw that MexGear and the dirt floor shack it was brewed in.

Filthy!

they may not be trained to detect gear, but they CAN detect when someone is NERVOUS/ANXIOUS which will draw attention for sure

Every one is nervous when being checked. The dog is not looking for this. He is trained by thinking there is a toy by the smell of whatever he is looking for. To him its a game and his reward is the toy. He has no idea he is catching "bad guys"

3 things:

I kinda always doubted they where. I don't feel like anything would make it passed customs if so (meaning drug dogs, not just the Texas kind). Or really through the mail at all.

But also any vials you have should be pretty damn air tight, making it really hard for them to even have a smell, except for orals.

I'm not sure about the difference in the smell between fake test and actual human test. I wouldn't think it to be any different. Unless maybe they can smell the ester or something... but those aren't just used for aas's.

...or this could all be wrong.

Just to share, way back in the day I knew a guy that would drive and/or take the shuttle across to Tijuana and pick up stuff. He'd stop at that shit BK on the main drag and buy super-sized Cokes with ice, then he'd put a plastic baggie full of vials at the bottom under the ice and then cut the straw shorter so it looked like it was all the way in. He said he got patted down and had bags searched occasionally but not once did any border agent (or dog) ever check his sodas... lol.

PS. this is illegal, don't try this.

i remember they used to take drug dogs to the high schools and they were trained to smell just about every ellicit drug there was... they even trained them to smell alcohol. i remember guys getting busted with half drank liquer bottles that had been opened but were stashed under the seats because nobody thought that the dogs would be able to smell that! no one was ever busted for steroids tho... and if you are nervous while passing thru the border then you have a good chance of getting caught or searched. those guards can spot a nervous person so easy.

Back