Can TUNA be edible?

I wanna know who messes with the salmon in a can. I bought it to do the same crab cake style recipe, but it had straight bones and skin.

I make an asian tuna salad with soy and ginger and such, no mayo, because I can't stand it. I tried the same thing with canned salmon once and it worked fine. Forget which brand the salmon was, because that might matter with quality.

Also, tuna steaks are way better than canned, even if more expensive.

even tho this is a very very old thread i agree with you that tuna steaks are the best. just have to watch how theses are cooked.
the best way to cook is to sear the sides all in for about a min each the steak is robust enough to take the turning so long as its about 1 inch thick. once you have done this the meat is perfect and not over cooked and dried out. still very moist and then can be treated with a nice white sauce. and a small amount of ground mint. enjoy with a pinot greigio wine and a soft feild salad.

I hate Tuna. It's terrible. Smells and tastes like it came out of hell's septic tank. But damn, what a great source of protein.

Anyone got some recipes that make Tuna taste like something partially edible?

Thanks

Just pass it down with water.

I hate Tuna too makes me wanna throw up.

I just put half a can in my mouth and chew and chew and when its chewed enough I pass it down with water.

i wash my tuna to get rid of the loads of salt it has... also washes out some of the taste. i like mixing it in low fat mayo& mustard then make a sandwich

I hate Tuna. It's terrible. Smells and tastes like it came out of hell's septic tank. But damn, what a great source of protein.

Anyone got some recipes that make Tuna taste like something partially edible?

Thanks

When you prepare tuna right its really good and the protein and nutritional benefits are amazing.

check this out:

-Whole grain tortillias
-2 cans of tuna
-fresh cut salsa
- fresh spinach
-2 Tbs mustard
-2 Tbs of Light Miracle Whip ( or any low cal dressing like that)

Mix the tuna mustard and mayo in a bowl, put on tortillia shell add salsa and spinach on top wrap it up n each! its really good not dry low cal high protein goodness. One of my favorite early lunch meals!

i wash my tuna to get rid of the loads of salt it has... also washes out some of the taste. i like mixing it in low fat mayo& mustard then make a sandwich

good Idea for watching sodium levels, however there's a lot of essentials oils you are washing out but can always supplement those later.

Back