Can you tell your doctor about AAS (in canada)??

John102london

Can u tell your doctor you use AAS in canada without fucking over any of your medical insurance or health care? or is it best to be kept a secret. My doctor asked me if i was using steriods about 2 years ago.. before i even started using lol.. i said no obv bc i was not.

Just wondering if it can fuck up any of your medical insurance or chances of getting diff medical insurance in the future if this is in your record

For Life Insurance purposes, once it's on your medical record, chances are pretty good you'll be denied.

Im pretty sure in certain states insurance companies don't have the right to deny you, no matter what, for any reason.
At least that's what I beleive is true for NY.
As for Canada, I have no idea how things are done up there.

Im pretty sure in certain states insurance companies don't have the right to deny you, no matter what, for any reason.
At least that's what I beleive is true for NY.
As for Canada, I have no idea how things are done up there.
Then you misunderstand. Some states have what's called a guaranteed issue pool, but you will pay a significant price for coverage.

Canada operates under a different health system, but as Stone said, once it's on your record you will have difficulty in obtaining certain coverages.

Then you misunderstand. Some states have what's called a guaranteed issue pool, but you will pay a significant price for coverage.

Canada operates under a different health system, but as Stone said, once it's on your record you will have difficulty in obtaining certain coverages.

I thought in NY they can't raise your rates becuase you are at risk for health problems. Say for example someone was to contract HIV, or another health problem. I thought it was illegal in NY for a carrier to raise your rates because of something like that? am I wrong?

your doctor shouldn't be putting it on your record, i talked to mine and he does all my blood work free of charge for it, usually to get the tests done we need to being on AAS they charge n mine is cool and just waves it... be open with him.. tell him you're worried and that you'd like to get some blood work done and talk to him that way... 90% of doctors in canada do not give 2 shits if you're on they'd rather you be honest so they can help you

I thought in NY they can't raise your rates becuase you are at risk for health problems. Say for example someone was to contract HIV, or another health problem. I thought it was illegal in NY for a carrier to raise your rates because of something like that? am I wrong?
New York is the one state out of 50 that has their own set of rules. There's no money to be made there, so of course I don't bother keeping up on their regs and really can't answer your question.

The rest of the country does not have any laws in place to force a carrier to provide health coverage and you can be turned down or rated for many reasons.

Some states such as Wisconsin for example, have formed a state run guarantee pool which will provide coverage to the uninsurable, at a very high premium.

On the other side of the coin, you have states like Florida, which do not have a state run, guaranteed issue health coverage and if the carrier says no, you will not get covered. Life insurance is another animal completely. They can and do set the guidelines in all their markets without government interference.

One of my favorite life carriers is actually a Canadian company, that does business internationally. All of their life insurance applications specifically ask if you have EVER done steriods.

If you answer yes or if it's documented in your MIB file, they will substantially increase your premium or refuse to issue your policy.

I told my doc when I did a cycle of deca ... got blood work and everything funny my test was low but I put on some good weight. :) definatly not to sure if he put it on my record, but he seem'd ok about it. he said as a doctor he HAS to recommend stopping the roids immediately, after that we bs'd lots about it.

Can u tell your doctor you use AAS in canada without fucking over any of your medical insurance or health care? or is it best to be kept a secret. My doctor asked me if i was using steriods about 2 years ago.. before i even started using lol.. i said no obv bc i was not.

Just wondering if it can fuck up any of your medical insurance or chances of getting diff medical insurance in the future if this is in your record

Your med coverage should not be affected. In Canada, you pay heavily through combined taxes and employee medical deductions or Blue Cross. Your payments should only adjust in the event you take on a spouse and/or children. Besides, if you were a smoker or heavy drinker your premiums wouldn't increase, so using AAS shouldn't affect that either.:bigok:

Yes, bringing back an old thread, but why start a new one.

As you cant get blood tests in most of Canada privately, and if you want to be safe on cycle, how about telling the doc?
What am I missing? If you already have life insurance, you would only be checked again if you change life insurance companies right?
Its not illegal to use steroids here, so telling your doc, and getting bloods checked would let you know if things are off?

It would be nice to know E2, test, liver, cholesterol, etc, levels and perhaps use meds to combat issues while on cycle would it not?

What risks am I missing here?

I still wouldn't tell my doctor, easy enough to go to a walkin clinic and ask for blood tests. If no luck, try another or the same one six hours later with a different doc.

If you live in a major city you can also use naturopath clinics as a lot of them will do BW for a fee and a lot will also do GH serum testing for a fee as well. Its an option in Canada if you have one close.

Yes, bringing back an old thread, but why start a new one.

As you cant get blood tests in most of Canada privately, and if you want to be safe on cycle, how about telling the doc?
What am I missing? If you already have life insurance, you would only be checked again if you change life insurance companies right?
Its not illegal to use steroids here, so telling your doc, and getting bloods checked would let you know if things are off?

It would be nice to know E2, test, liver, cholesterol, etc, levels and perhaps use meds to combat issues while on cycle would it not?

What risks am I missing here?

The big issue is not legality it is finding a doc who is not closed minded about steroids, although they are smart people they lack the knowledge in the subject and a lot of them follow the media standard of it being a bad thing. Although it is legal it still affects your health and can cause complications therefor a life insurance company or private health insurance provider would have a hard time overlooking it.

Its all about having a doc that will keep it off your record and help you be safe during your journey, unfortunately they are few and far between.

Makes sense. Could interfere with their oath etc..... if they were not to mark everything down. Not worth the risk for them.

For Life Insurance purposes, once it's on your medical record, chances are pretty good you'll be denied.

Idk if its the same but a friend of mine was an IV heroin addict and at the age of 19 his parents had a life insurance policy on him.. and i would think IV heroin would be way more likely to kill you the AAS... this was in IL btw

I have been searching for a doc in Calgary to ask him for blood test and keep it out of my record but, unfortunately till now I am unsuccessful. Does any one know of a doc in Alberta, Calgary.

Back