Cardio Project I have to do

I don't have any links offhand but I am a Personal trainer. Cardio on your off days or after weight training is best due to optimal levels of glycogen storage and the catabolic nature of combined training (45 minutes) and cardio (usually 30 minutes). I also don't beleive in using your heart rate to burn fat but instead use high intensity since calories are and always will be the main factor in losing weight.

Training in the morning on an empty stomach is not the way to burn fat like so many think. The idea is that you can use fat for fuel since you have no stored carbohydrates but you need carbohydrates in order for the process to work. THE best time PEROID, is on off days and if you can't do that do it after weight training.

Oh, I got the job as a personal trainer so I am out there now. Anyone in TN give me a holler.

Congrats Ifrit :D

I have a problem with 1/2 of this statement of yours though......

Cardio on your off days or after weight training is best due to optimal levels of glycogen storage and the catabolic nature of combined training (45 minutes) and cardio (usually 30 minutes

Glycogen levels should be depleted if your w/o was of sufficient intensity. WHY would you put yourself FURTHER into catabolism with cardio at THIS time? I agree with the cardio on OFF days statement 100%, hell...I follow this. But glycogen depletion should be easily accomplished by w/o's alone.

I think cardio first thing in the morning is best. I have tired all other ways but lose fat the fastes doing it in the morning.

DRveejay11 said:
Congrats Ifrit :D

I have a problem with 1/2 of this statement of yours though......

Glycogen levels should be depleted if your w/o was of sufficient intensity. WHY would you put yourself FURTHER into catabolism with cardio at THIS time? I agree with the cardio on OFF days statement 100%, hell...I follow this. But glycogen depletion should be easily accomplished by w/o's alone.
then throw in those on low carb diets who are constantly glycogen depleted , its get confusing as hell

That is exactly what I mean DRVeejay. Do to depleted glycogen storage after your regular workouts it is best to do cardio on off days when your glycogen levels are sufficient and catabolism isn't as much of an issue. I am pretty sure I said it exactly how you said it but none the less we agree despite our different ways of wording it,lol.

my freind was doin keto for a whiel and did this thing called turbo cardio its 20 min but intense as hell!

I'll post up later on what it is and how to do it !

Back