Cordisone shots while on a cycle ????

Ozzy27

Olympian Bodybuilder
I was going to start my cycle Dec. 1st and I had my first series of 3 shots of cordisone in my back. Is it safe to start the cycle and if not how long do I have to wait after my last shot which will be Dec.4th ?

Thanks Ozzy27

I know of no data which would tell us how long. I don't think the cortisone is going to interfere with the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) effects in a meaningful way, although they are usually depot forms (long acting corticosteroids).
My bigger concern is this: if you are getting epidural steroid injections for a back problem, going back to heavy lifting on cycle may be, ahem, how shall we put it... Dangerous!!
Is this indeed what you are getting, or is it something else?

I've had a fusion on 2 levels and did steroids before with no problems lifting. I just have to stay away from squats. IMO squats are bad for anyone in top shape ! too much compression on the spine. However...squats are the meat of building huge legs , but there are better excercises to do , like lunges across the floor , leg presses , leg extensions. I've been lifting for 25 years , so I think I know what is and is not good for me with the condition I'm working with. I worked with a certified physical therapist and he was having me do shit that was bad not good for me , so I fired him.

Peace Oz

buffdoc said:
I know of no data which would tell us how long. I don't think the cortisone is going to interfere with the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) effects in a meaningful way, although they are usually depot forms (long acting corticosteroids).
My bigger concern is this: if you are getting epidural steroid injections for a back problem, going back to heavy lifting on cycle may be, ahem, how shall we put it... Dangerous!!
Is this indeed what you are getting, or is it something else?
No , these are different from that. I had them years ago and did not work. I don't go heavy with excercises that include compression of the spine , I just go super slow and strict so it burns like a bitch. I do not do squats at all ( not even with just the bar ).

OK, but why were you asking?
No offense bro, but I think if you necessarily knew what was best for you as far as physical activity and such, you wouldn't be walking aroung with a 2 level fusion. JMO
Do what you will.
BTW, it's torsional stresses that are more harmfull to the spine than compressive forces. Be careful with your rotatory body mechanics.

Last edited:
buffdoc said:
OK, but why were you asking?
No offense bro, but I think if you necessarily knew what was best for you as far as physical activity and such, you wouldn't be walking aroung with a 2 level fusion. JMO
Do what you will.
ummmm, the injury happened at work not from lifting.

when my friend go that shit in his knee he had to stay off it and where a massive brace for 4-6 weeks. I would wait if I were you, but I'm not so do what you want

is it possible for a epidural in the back to cause a lower sex drive, i had one like a week ago and i havent really been horny since.?

corticosteroid injections while on cycle

Good luck Ozzy27, you should wait for about 7 days after your last procedure so start your "program". Buffdoc no offense but just because ozzy has an injured back does not mean it happened due to ozzy not knowing whats best for him. Sometimes accidents happen and we get injured buy no fault of our own. Yes, Ozzy you can still train just as hard as anyone else, just as you said, stay away from neck/back compresion lifts ie, squats and heavy deadlifts etc. methylprednisolone acetate ( Depo-Medrol, Medrol )
prednisone ( Deltasone )
dexamethasone ( Decadron )
Corticosteroids are typically injected into the spinal canal (epidural) or near a spinal nerve to treat herniated disc symptoms. They are sometimes given orally.

How It Works

Corticosteroids may help reduce swelling and inflammation in the area surrounding the herniated disc and may help relieve pressure on the nerve roots.

Why It Is Used

Epidural and spinal nerve corticosteroids can be used for people with symptoms of nerve root compression or inflammation of the joints that connect the vertebrae (facet joints) if their symptoms have not improved after several weeks of nonsurgical treatment.

How Well It Works

Corticosteroids may successfully relieve symptoms caused by a herniated disc on a short-term basis (a few weeks to a few months). They may also be used to delay or even eliminate the need for surgery for some people who have severe pain caused by a herniated disc.

Corticosteroid treatment does not provide long-term pain relief.

Side Effects

Mild side effects may include:

Headaches.
Dizziness.
Increased back or leg pain.
Serious but rare side effects may include:

Infectious and noninfectious inflammation of spinal nerves or disc (discitis).
Degeneration or damage to soft tissue from multiple injections.
See Drug Reference for a full list of side effects. (Drug Reference is not available in all systems.)

What to Think About

An imaging test, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computerized tomography (CT scan) may be done before a corticosteroid injection to identify the exact location of the herniated disc.

While some doctors prefer to use two to three epidural corticosteroid injections, others will prescribe only one, repeating the treatment only if symptoms recur and the first injection was effective.

Repeated use of corticosteroid injections or pills may cause serious side effects.

Despite a lack of solid research supporting the practice, corticosteroid injections are commonly prescribed to treat herniated disc symptoms that haven't responded to a few months of treatment.

you ll be fine ozzy..give the injected site site time to absorb med s ..have ast it..albeit with care...as you know.

I get mine religiously and a couple years ago after a series of 3 my lower back broke out worse than I have ever seen in my life! I mean for anyone, not just me. I was just finishing up a cycle and it took 5 months to clear up and I was left with permanent scars. Hope this helps. I didn't notice any performance differences.

Back