Cutting with steroids / mass adding compounds

DADAWG

Community Veteran
there is a big misunderstanding with newer members that steroids have some magical cutting properties. there is some evidence that var and even tren has some fat cutting ablity but the key word is SOME. steroids main job in a cutting cycle is maintaining lean mass while runnig a calorie defecit. steroids are NOT a true cutting compound in the same sense as T3 , clen , ephedrine ,dnp ,etc. but for some reason more and more newbies see them as the magic potion to cure their a poor diet.

on the other hand im seeing more and more newbies who weigh 150-180 pounds and cant gain weight that think that they can continue to eat like they do and take steroids to get big , some of these rocket scientist think they can add calories and protein to eat right during the cycle and gain their weigh but go right back to eating like they did before the cycle.
NEWSFLASH the bigger you are = the more calories and protein you will need . if you go back to your old diet after the cycle you will soon go right back to your old weight.

if you can not eat right over the long haul dont waste your time doing steroids.

Last edited:
Ok can we ban that idiot up top and edit his post and then make this a sticky in the new members section or better yet, in the regular forum since no one seems to read em in there anyways? STICKY THIS

Great post DaDawg. I think that's the first time I've read it put in that format. Makes so much sense.

Great post. Plain and simple. This is why I tell guys to figure out your maintenance cals. Then add 500 and see if you can grow. If not add a little more. Most people can grow at around 3700cals.

Some guys want to go from 2000 a day to 5-6k while on cycle to get the most gains. Well you will gain big when eating big but most people especially new to this cannot maintain that high of cals when off so the drastic weight loss begins and turns into a AAS dependency. Figure out what you need to maintain and add just enough to be comfortable and grow. When you come off you will be more like to maintain 3500-3700 cals. Which is actually very easy to get in a day.

Now that you are at a new weight, figure your new caloric intake.

Keep it simple. Get big but do so in a way to keep those gains and if you have to make slow gains to keep them then do so because you can continue to progress and don't have to do it all in one cycle.

great dawg.

no steroid or pill will cut you. period. diet and cardio cut you. some drugs aid in the process but none by themselfs cut you.

something like this should be a sticky. i agree with dawg. maybe it already is a sticky. ?? i was guilty of thinking that juice cut body fat before i became more educated. this would do a lot of newbie's good.

heres another RANT

mr moderator sir i had to raise the dose after 6 weeks because i gained 12 pounds and then i just quit growing

OR

mr moderator sir i had to stop my cycle early because my receptors must have shut down , i gainesd 15 pound the 1st 8 weeks and then i quit growing.

NEWSFLASH

when you start a cycle and your taking 4500 calories [ just a random example ] and you weigh 190 pounds that may be enough to make gains off of but after several weeks on cycle and you have gained up to 205 those same 4500 calories [ example ] are NOT enough calories to grow on . the BIGGER you get = the more FOOD you need. if you want to continue to grow on cycle you will have to contiouslly add calories as the cycle progresses.

Last edited:
dawg> i am doing a Winstrol (winny) only cycle and not gaining weight. i am taking 3ml's a week. i am taking clomid for an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and i think i need to increase my dose. i heard Winstrol (winny) will cut you up! should i throw in some creatine too!? major pumps yo!

:::facepalm:::

weve got a new one today fellas . he knows his diet is bad and appaently hes lost 2 pounds on cycle but he has no idea why .

can any of you guy help , apparently my answers to him are wrong .

mr moderator sir i had to raise the dose after 6 weeks because i gained 12 pounds and then i just quit growing

OR

mr moderator sir i had to stop my cycle early because my receptors must have shut down , i gainesd 15 pound the 1st 8 weeks and then i quit growing.

NEWSFLASH

when you start a cycle and your taking 4500 calories [ just a random example ] and you weigh 190 pounds that may be enough to make gains off of but after several weeks on cycle and you have gained up to 205 those same 4500 calories [ example ] are NOT enough calories to grow on . the BIGGER you get = the more FOOD you need. if you want to continue to grow on cycle you will have to contiouslly add calories as the cycle progresses.

Common sense you would think but obviously not. DIET IS EVERYTHING. You can cut fat on anadrol if your diet is proper. Not the best idea but it can be done. I have seen it done by a very experienced user. Great post ^

dawg> i am doing a Winstrol (winny) only cycle and not gaining weight. i am taking 3ml's a week. i am taking clomid for an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and i think i need to increase my dose. i heard Winstrol (winny) will cut you up! should i throw in some creatine too!? major pumps yo!

:::facepalm:::

Hope this is a joke :flamingma

great dawg.

no steroid or pill will cut you. period. diet and cardio cut you. some drugs aid in the process but none by themselfs cut you.

I never do cardio besides walking a few blocks to the gym. i can get really cut on an Eca stack. it really comes down to diet. cardio is good for heart health but for me not needed to lose bf.

As if 3j couldnt stress it enough and he is probably the foremost expert of diet on these boards. Hopefully this will cut down on stupid repeat questions on the boards.

Quoted for truth

I can't understand how this dosen't make sense for some people and a lot of them oversee it.

Back