Cycle on TRT?

tnsy

I am 37 and recently started TRT. I am on 100mg of Cyp a week. I am thinking of doing a 10 wk cycle of 200mg of cyp a week and 25mg of Dbol. Am I correct in thinking after I am done my 10 week cycle I just continue with the 100mg of cyp without PCT.

Yes, after cycle just go back on regular testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dosages. NO need for PCT.

...............but depending on if your training history and current stats even warrant running a cycle, bump the Test up to 300 - 400 mg/week and leave out the D-Bol

I have been training for 19 years. I am 200lb with low body fat. I have done a few cycles before. mostly low dose. no more than 200mg a week. Thanks for the advise.

I have learned a lot on this site and want to say thanks to STONECOLD -- you always have the answer I am looking for.
I have one question relating to this post - why wouldn't some post cycle therapy (pct) be necessary? I am in exactly the same boat, or at least very similar as TNSY but fear that using no post cycle therapy (pct) after cycling up would cause my (techincal term - "junk") to remain shut down.
Wouldn't a post cycle therapy (pct) help his natural production kick back in - even though it is minimal? Does the HRT long term totally shut you down anyway?
I am probably wrong in thinking that HRT prescribed is to supplement my natural production levels. Hate to ask all this but if there is one thing learned from this board it is how serious post cycle therapy (pct) is, as well as the damage that can be done without it.
Also should he wean back down to his 100mg over a few weeks? Maybe lengthening to a 12 week total cycle?

if you go back down to hrt doses, thus never totally off, you would not require PCT,
and yes HPTA is shut down, but is recommended one is always on HCG and HRT ..

Good question King Kong, I was wondering the same thing. My concern is while on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) my testes stop working totally, my doc retires and I can’t find someone else to prescribe testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for me. Should everone who is one testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) be also taking HCG?

tnsy, I am thinking the same. Should HCG 2500iu 2x week be run with cycle or just assume since I am now on HRT my junk is just hanging there for the ride anyway. I don think you will have to worry about your doc leaving you hanging. If you have bloodwork showing a deficiency and a course of action that works your new doc shoud follow it too. I just gave blood today for the HRT clinic and will see what they recommend. Maybe it is std protocol to use test and HCG regularly. I honestly never thought my levels would be so low to need HRT but I will keep you informed of what I know. Currently I am seeing my doc, a separate HRT clinic, and shopping for myself. I am sure a hrt clinic is a lot of $$ but hopefully they can guide me a bit and I'll take it from there.
I did a few searches and Stone Cold is right again. While on HRT there is no post cycle therapy (pct). Kinda nice bonus I guess. Now all I gotta worry about is gettin boobs and goin bald.

King Kong I went to my urologist he did not recommend Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG). However the Test cyp after co pay is $10 . He would not expand on why he would not recommend Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG). I would like to keep what I have working. Going bald I thing should not be a problem. I may be wrong but as long as testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) keeps you at your natural levels and your family does not have a tendency for balding. Keep me informed on your progress good luck.

I spoke to the HRT clinic today and they are far more knowledgeable than my doc. They are going to give me a protocol to follow. They mentioned test e, and test ?mix, and possibly an armidex type product to keep down estrogen. They never mentioned running HCG at the same time but I will know by weeks end. This is not covered by insurance - for some reason my primary doc wants me to take androgel. I took it for two weeks and my levels decreased - not increased. If I didn't have kids I'd drop my insurance altogether.

Yes after having a cycle of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) no need for PCT.PCT's can be roller coasters even for the most prepared AAS user. Some go good, and some are much shittier. You prepare for an all-out war and hope that things work out in the end. Some people coast right by, and some people struggle to return their hormones to homeostasis while maintaining a positive nitrogen balance.

How much do you loose comming off cycles and going back to your normal 100mg a week dose? do you maintain all off your muscle size and wieght?

How much do you loose comming off cycles and going back to your normal 100mg a week dose? do you maintain all off your muscle size and wieght?

Interested in this aswell, currently on my first cycle of 600 for 12 weeks. I'll be dropping down to my perscribed 200 ew after.

this whole cycle/pct thing is exactly why I just decided to stay on..so like one or maybe two cycels a year then 100mg of test e every week. I am bald, dont want more kids and 40...so fuck it. Pros were greater than the cons for me personally. Hated the whole cycle rollercoaster

Interested in this aswell, currently on my first cycle of 600 for 12 weeks. I'll be dropping down to my perscribed 200 ew after.

Here is what i know....

1)Yes you will lose some gains from going back down just as you would if you didnt need testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and you were a normal person going back to your "normal" testosterone #'s....You can keep some or most depending on what you do....search forums for more info

2) You dont have to worry about post cycle therapy (pct), as your levels will still get down and stay where they are while on doc prescribed therapy as you dont have to worry about your natural test anymore

Here is what i would like to know.....

1) If one were to stay on doc prescribed therapy "meaning getting test levels in "normal" range", then does one need to worry about going bald, or acne, or whatever as you are just getting into a normal range like you used to have so do you still get the sides even from a low dose every week or 2 weeks??

2) Is there ever a chance one could try PCT and get off prescription just to see if thier natural test ever were to become normal again?? or is it truly ALWAYS for life??

3) You guys who are on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and "cycle" meaning you do a real cycle on top of your Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) every now and then, how does your doctor not know you do this?? is there a specific time period you are off before you have to do a blood test or something?

Here is what i know....

1)Yes you will lose some gains from going back down just as you would if you didnt need testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and you were a normal person going back to your "normal" testosterone #'s....You can keep some or most depending on what you do....search forums for more info

2) You dont have to worry about post cycle therapy (pct), as your levels will still get down and stay where they are while on doc prescribed therapy as you dont have to worry about your natural test anymore

Here is what i would like to know.....

1) If one were to stay on doc prescribed therapy "meaning getting test levels in "normal" range", then does one need to worry about going bald, or acne, or whatever as you are just getting into a normal range like you used to have so do you still get the sides even from a low dose every week or 2 weeks??

2) Is there ever a chance one could try PCT and get off prescription just to see if thier natural test ever were to become normal again?? or is it truly ALWAYS for life??

3) You guys who are on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and "cycle" meaning you do a real cycle on top of your Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) every now and then, how does your doctor not know you do this?? is there a specific time period you are off before you have to do a blood test or something?

Here is my experience after cycling and going to 200/week test cyp.

1) No sides at all - in fact I feel better, look better, sleep better and have more aerobic capacity thatn I did when I was cycling.

2) Yes, you could - I did this for 2 months and mine DID NOT return. The doc said it would take about 6 months and require lots of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and clomid if I wanted to do this. I declined and accepted that I am not impregnating anyone anytime soon.

3) Yes, you cycle between blood tests. I waited 5 weeks after my last shot and I was still at 900. I would wait 7 weeks, so if you have 2/year blood test that gives you 6 months to cycle and stop each time.

Back