Deadlifts?

Do you do deads?

• Yes

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
OMG I LOVE deads!!!! back/hams day is defintly my favorite w/o day.
I agree though, I dont see any other woman doing deads, at my old gym and now at the big Univeristy gym either. not to mention that there are few guys doing them either.. arghh WAKE UP!!

I have only seen one woman here doing deads, and a few more doing SLDLs.

Your efforts are gonna pay off in a big way.

i do partials in a cage!! This is what gave my back some nice depth!! Plus my glutes got hit :)

HIGHLY recommended for any seasoned lifter!!!

and ALL women should be doing stiff legged deadlifts for their hams, lower back and glutes!!!

I do regular deadlifts on back day and I also do Stiff Leg Deadlifts. I do my stiffs obviously on leg day.
Deadlifts have always been part of my training program. I don't do them every week though to be honest with you. One week I do Deadlifts on back day and the following week, I'll usually do Good Mornings or Weighted Hyperextensions. :)

oh i love them! i do sldl's with every leg workout....and i just started doing sumo's with my back workouts. i opted for sumos b/c my erecs and back are ok....from the heavy sldl's i do...but i need my butt bigger, lol...hopefully the sumos will do the trick.:)

I do SLDL every leg day, I rotate weeks - one week on a platform other week off. I also do sumo stance deadlifts on Back day with good mornings as well.

I am also the only female who I ever see doing them at my gym. OH well, makes me feel super strong doing them...!!

Bren, it seems to be pretty similar in my gym as well..I rarely if ever see other woman doing deads.. and if so, its usualy light weight :( tisk tisk

atherjen said:
Bren, it seems to be pretty similar in my gym as well..I rarely if ever see other woman doing deads.. and if so, its usualy light weight :( tisk tisk

I'm the same ladies. There are never any other women doing deads at my gym either. :)

Funny Story...

I was doing platform SLDL's one day; as I am slowly bending down to "ass in air" position fully concentrating on my form, feeling the stretch of my hammy's - when all of a sudden a membership sales guy for my gym walks besides with with 2 clients and says "That my boys is a Deadlift"....I hear him lose all concentration, the bar goes flyin', and I land flat dad on my butt upside down on the platform, with nikes in the air....face all red, a strong 'newfie accent" sayin' "I've fallin and I can't get up"...I'm such a goof sometimes! lol!

Could've been danergeous for me, but it was too freaky funny not to laugh at myself...but I did talk to the sales rep (he won't do that again).

heres a killer that I did with the guy thats helping to get me ready for competitions this spring..
bent over barbell rows, and when you cant go any furthur on those, (without putting the barbell down) switch it into a deadlift..
its certainly not near as much as I can normally dead but man o man, after heavy bent over rows this really burns !! :)

way to go hun!

I did SL deads right after hevay squats last nite.. and wowwwiee I am one sore pup today :D

atherjen said:
way to go hun!

I did SL deads right after hevay squats last nite.. and wowwwiee I am one sore pup today :D

Oh but isn't that the best sort of pain Jen?! I love it!!!!:)

awesome FG!!! :)

and OHh yah Fyre.. I love being sore!! haha makes me feel like I really put myself through a good workout :D

Back