Decreased Range of Motion and Difficulty Sleeping

Ocdude

el diablo blanco
Maybe this is something that should be obvious to me, but I thought I'd throw it out here and see what other experiences have been... Until a few years ago, I'd always been a fairly lean guy, just your cario and medium range lifting type of guy. Then I started actually trying to add mass and focused more on lifting heavy and less cardio. Since that time I've noticed a steadily decreasing range of motion in my shoulders... I can no longer reach the center of my back, for instance. I now have to use my wife's long handled scrubby in the shower haha.
Now, having been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 6+ months, and a couple weeks into a cycle, things have really picked up pace. My wife says the size increase is fairly noticeable (and incidentally, she really isn't into it, but thats another battle altogether!). While I don't really see it visually like she says she does, I feel the change... clothes are tighter, my arms hang a little differently with my back widening. And last night I noticed following my chest and arms workout, I just couldn't get comfortable sleeping. Its like I just didn't feel like I was in my own body LOL.

Am I crazy?? Or is this just part of getting bigger? Should I be concerned about ROM?

haha look at my size.. its hard for rom.. but the best thing to.keep doing is stretching.. and anyhow u eont see ur own size only cuz its.mental.. if she says ur bigger trust me u are.. i always feel small n skinny.. til i take a picture with someone.. and look at the pic the next day im.like damn.im a horse.. im 5'6.. 223lbs.. at 11%bf

Good point king, I do need to work on stretching. You are a beast! I can totally see your point on the size dismorphia though, even my coworkers have started noticing, but I guess I just have a mental block to my own growth!

Good point king, I do need to work on stretching. You are a beast! I can totally see your point on the size dismorphia though, even my coworkers have started noticing, but I guess I just have a mental block to my own growth!

Every one does, most guys that lift to get bigger never really see themselves getting bigger. They always think they need a little more. Myself included, people will say "man you have put on some size" and I just don't see it, I always feel small and at 5' 11" and 220 I'm not that small but feel like I am. My wife isn't really into the whole bigger is better thing but I refuse to give up on lifting and adding mass, that's just an obstacle we'll have to deal with.

Every one does, most guys that lift to get bigger never really see themselves getting bigger. They always think they need a little more. Myself included, people will say "man you have put on some size" and I just don't see it, I always feel small and at 5' 11" and 220 I'm not that small but feel like I am. My wife isn't really into the whole bigger is better thing but I refuse to give up on lifting and adding mass, that's just an obstacle we'll have to deal with.

What does she have to say about it, Dave? Mine says she finds bodybuilders disgusting... And I'm not even aiming to become pro size. One would think the whole bigger mate = more capable protector, etc... but she just worries I'm going to start beating her LOL. My arms are barely any bigger, but she focuses in on them and says shes getting turned off the bigger I get. Guess I just need to wear baggy clothes around her! Irefuse to give up, either... She's just going to have to get used it, I don't complain about her baby belly!

What does she have to say about it, Dave? Mine says she finds bodybuilders disgusting... And I'm not even aiming to become pro size. One would think the whole bigger mate = more capable protector, etc... but she just worries I'm going to start beating her LOL. My arms are barely any bigger, but she focuses in on them and says shes getting turned off the bigger I get. Guess I just need to wear baggy clothes around her! Irefuse to give up, either... She's just going to have to get used it, I don't complain about her baby belly!

She basically is saying that I'm getting blown out of proportion and she prefers the lean and tone look. I don't see where I'm blown out of proportion at all. My arms are at 18.5 when she measured them and then she said see. I don't know my goal is to increase size and thats just something we are going to have to get past cause it's not going to change. I think one of the biggest things is she just doesn't understand that drive, she doesn't hit the weights and as you know most women don't have the desire to bulk up.

Maybe this is something that should be obvious to me, but I thought I'd throw it out here and see what other experiences have been... Until a few years ago, I'd always been a fairly lean guy, just your cario and medium range lifting type of guy. Then I started actually trying to add mass and focused more on lifting heavy and less cardio. Since that time I've noticed a steadily decreasing range of motion in my shoulders... I can no longer reach the center of my back, for instance. I now have to use my wife's long handled scrubby in the shower haha.
Now, having been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 6+ months, and a couple weeks into a cycle, things have really picked up pace. My wife says the size increase is fairly noticeable (and incidentally, she really isn't into it, but thats another battle altogether!). While I don't really see it visually like she says she does, I feel the change... clothes are tighter, my arms hang a little differently with my back widening. And last night I noticed following my chest and arms workout, I just couldn't get comfortable sleeping. Its like I just didn't feel like I was in my own body LOL.

Am I crazy?? Or is this just part of getting bigger? Should I be concerned about ROM?

Arms falling asleep at night yet? I hate that brachial nerve with a passion, but it's all part of the price of admission. Try stretches before and after each completed group of sets. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to stretch out those anterior and medial deltoid muscles before you move on to chest exercises too. The wife will catch on when she sees how other guys react around you, moving out of your way and giving that silent nod to your status as alpha.

Oh, if you start to put on some serious size to your chest/neck, get a sleep study done if you haven't. Sleep apnea is another possible side effect from hypertrophy due to exogenous test use. Treating apnea helps tremendously with sleep and recovery if needed.

My .02c :)

Back