Diabetes story - why I use Gear - curious of other diabetics out there

Scrappy1

I started because juicing to improve strength. Being raised on a farm in MO, finapix pellets grew on trees. Back then $12.50 for a box that would yield 150ml at 250-300mg. I could still eat a twinkie a day and have a six pack, but yet the power to lift heavy.

Here is why I continue, many are familiar with this: At 38 I was bit by a timberback in the left tricep. At 38 I was 5-10, 220 11% bf Im not a bodybuilder, but very happy with how I looked. Three months after bite, I feel horrible. A sugar test was run. I had blood sugar of 700, AC maxed at 14. Im labeled diabetic. First thing doctor wants is me to overdose at 2000 mg metformine and a but load of insulin. My pancreas was shot. I said no way, because that was only a band aid that I would have to wear for life.

With the help of some, including individuals on this site, trial and error; long story short - I am doing a 4 compound cycle. Within 6 months and since then, my sugar is a constant 120!!!!! Even though gear tends to raise sugar. This is amazing, but get this. My contacts have gone from a 4.25, now I wear a 2.25 Yes still blind, but got better as I get older. My memory, reflexes, and "old man issues" are a minimal. I don't have a constant woody like you young guys, but when the old lady wants I, its there.

I am not a doctor. But if steroids were legal for all, I could write a book and be a millionaire based on this LOL

No matter what, I am and will ALWAYS JUICE!!!! When used correctly, the benefits are tremendous My focus has shifted. Im done with the 20" arms but I refuse to die in my own piss when I'm 80.

I am now 42 200 with 13% bf I would love to see more talk about diabetics. In America, its the #1killer!!!

Happy lifting

Wait, you're saying that AAS "cured" you of diabetes? I have a feeling that you're leaving out some pretty important details here. I have a fasting glucose of about 91, an A1C of 6.1%, and am very mindful of what I eat - yet, that's only achievable with Metformin (not harmful in any way) and a large volume of exogenous insulin.

I've been at this for years, trying to undo damage caused by being hypogonadal for a decade. So if you truly somehow went from full-blown diabetic, to having a borderline glucose level WITHOUT meds, I'm ALL EARS.

For what it's worth I've pretty much run every conceivable cycle possible, minus a very few specific compounds that have a very idealized purpose. (like EQ)

type 1 or 2?
cured - NO! once diabetic, always are. between cycles, I creep up to 140-155 after 8 weeks. After 12-16 weeks, who knows? I don't have the balls to take it that far. Originally thought diet was everything, high protein, limit the sugars and carbs to a minimal. Test levels are HUGE for bodily functions as you know. Its like DECA, think of all the pharmacy companies that would loose money in the states if deca was legal.

I started because juicing to improve strength. Being raised on a farm in MO, finapix pellets grew on trees. Back then $12.50 for a box that would yield 150ml at 250-300mg. I could still eat a twinkie a day and have a six pack, but yet the power to lift heavy.

Here is why I continue, many are familiar with this: At 38 I was bit by a timberback in the left tricep. At 38 I was 5-10, 220 11% bf Im not a bodybuilder, but very happy with how I looked. Three months after bite, I feel horrible. A sugar test was run. I had blood sugar of 700, AC maxed at 14. Im labeled diabetic. First thing doctor wants is me to overdose at 2000 mg metformine and a but load of insulin. My pancreas was shot. I said no way, because that was only a band aid that I would have to wear for life.

With the help of some, including individuals on this site, trial and error; long story short - I am doing a 4 compound cycle. Within 6 months and since then, my sugar is a constant 120!!!!! Even though gear tends to raise sugar. This is amazing, but get this. My contacts have gone from a 4.25, now I wear a 2.25 Yes still blind, but got better as I get older. My memory, reflexes, and "old man issues" are a minimal. I don't have a constant woody like you young guys, but when the old lady wants I, its there.

I am not a doctor. But if steroids were legal for all, I could write a book and be a millionaire based on this LOL

No matter what, I am and will ALWAYS JUICE!!!! When used correctly, the benefits are tremendous My focus has shifted. Im done with the 20" arms but I refuse to die in my own piss when I'm 80.

I am now 42 200 with 13% bf I would love to see more talk about diabetics. In America, its the #1killer!!!

Happy lifting

Are you on TRT or do you cycle? If cycle, what are your Natty Hormone levels? Just curious.

Last edited:
type 1 or 2?
cured - NO! once diabetic, always are. between cycles, I creep up to 140-155 after 8 weeks. After 12-16 weeks, who knows? I don't have the balls to take it that far. Originally thought diet was everything, high protein, limit the sugars and carbs to a minimal. Test levels are HUGE for bodily functions as you know. Its like DECA, think of all the pharmacy companies that would loose money in the states if deca was legal.

I am type 2, with insulin resistance. I'm on insulin as I simply went so long, my pancreas gave up the good fight. Don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY agree with you in that testosterone is VITAL in so many ways, as having low T wrecked me.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around an A1C more than double mine being even temporarily suspended by AAS. Tren does make me a little more insulin sensitive, but I still have to take my diabetes meds.

Last edited:
I am type 2, with insulin resistance. I'm on insulin as I simply went so long, my pancreas gave up the good fight. Don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY agree with you in that testosterone is VITAL in so many ways, as having low T wrecked me.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around an A1C more than double mine being even temporarily suspended by AAS. Tren does make me a little more insulin sensitive, but I still have to take my diabetes meds.

Thanks Half, such a delicate issue has to be treated by experts like you and Mega :)

Back