Diagnosed with Hopgkins Lymphoma

Matt0071

Hey guys
Been awhile but still at the gym till being diagnosed with hopgkins lymphoma I few weeks ago after they did a biopsy on a lump on my armpit
It happened 7 months a ago a small lump was under my armpit and played it off as a tear or something then a few months ago it got really big that’s when I knew something was wrong
It def sucks at 39 being told u have cancer
Still working in the process but the gym has came to a hault after being diagnosed with cancer
I have a ct scan tomorrow to see what stage I’m at and then start chemo after that
Just wanted to share with u guys life is to short and live it while u can
Thanks

All the Best, and I look forward to hearing that you are in Remission !

Till that Day................................................... JP

Hope you pull through quickly. Just out of curiosity, did you use a lot of hgh?

Post updates as well, wishing you the best.

Nope not at all
Maybe altogether just a couple kits that it
Have my pet scan today and will do thanks

Hey guys
Been awhile but still at the gym till being diagnosed with hopgkins lymphoma I few weeks ago after they did a biopsy on a lump on my armpit
It happened 7 months a ago a small lump was under my armpit and played it off as a tear or something then a few months ago it got really big that***8217;s when I knew something was wrong
It def sucks at 39 being told u have cancer
Still working in the process but the gym has came to a hault after being diagnosed with cancer
I have a ct scan tomorrow to see what stage I***8217;m at and then start chemo after that
Just wanted to share with u guys life is to short and live it while u can
Thanks

there are other ways to treat this than with chemo, have you looked into this?

your arms are massive bro, well done!
Thanks
Im sure everything will shrink once I start treatment
Have not hit the gym for a few weeks now after finding out and probs once till I get better too
And my diet is now whatever I can chow on lol kinda just to fill the belly and keep the weight before treatment

Last edited:
Keep posting and I hope you're quickly able to get. ack under some weight for training!! I keep reading but figure I'll leave a response man.

Wish you a fast fix and hopefully able to get back in the gym.

Thanks
I get my results back next Wednesday to see what stage Im at and post up with the results
As far as training goes its came to a hault 3 weeks ago and will remain that way till I find more
The trade Im in is pretty physical refrigeration so it keeps me active for the time being and still working everyday
After the end of the day from work Im pretty exhausted
I use to hit the gym 5-7 days a week but over the course of the last 7 to 8 months before being diagnosed i could feel something wrong more exhausted then normal so maybe 3 to 4 days a week but thought it was due to the work load and such and summer being the busiest time of the year
I got weighed in yesterday and hovering around 237 fasted weight for 17 hours before the ct scan thats without any water too

Last edited:
Matt they are pretty good at treating this. I would try to drop body mass byt 10-15 % and get off the Gear and clean up your diet and Let your body heal it self. I've watch you put on muscle over the last few years and ou were healthier when you first arrived.

We are always here for support. Hope you get health quick.

Hopefully you're in stage 1 or 2. I've been reading and watching a sh*t load of documentaries and studies regarding cancer. The biggest culprit is IGF-1 and sugar. I know it's the last thing we want to hear in the bodybuilding community. If I were in your shoes I would immediately cut out all animal proteins including whey and start some type of intermittent fasting. I would do a low carb moderate plant based protein type of diet. Please keep us posted. Hope you pull through my man. God bless

Matt they are pretty good at treating this. I would try to drop body mass byt 10-15 % and get off the Gear and clean up your diet and Let your body heal it self. I've watch you put on muscle over the last few years and ou were healthier when you first arrived.

We are always here for support. Hope you get health quick.
Thanks pirate for the feedback
Yeah Im laying low from high blast for a long time or till atleast I am healthy enough and everything is cleared
Even then Im just going to stay on 200mg/week test and not mess around with anything else for quite abit of time
If ppl dont know of me Ill keep it simple I have been blasting and cruising for along time probs over the last 6-7 years
I myself tho for ppl that blast and cruise themselves is I did more blasting then cruising and ran almost all the time on blast tren

Last edited:
Thanks pirate for the feedback
Yeah Im laying low from high blast for a long time or till atleast I am healthy enough and everything is cleared
Even then Im just going to stay on 200mg/week test and not mess around with anything else for quite abit of time
If ppl dont know of me Ill keep it simple I have been blasting and cruising for along time probs over the last 6-7 years
I myself tho for ppl that blast and cruise themselves is I did more blasting then cruising and ran almost all the time on blast tren

we got you man!

Well got the results back from my pet scan and I***8217;m at stage 3
I start treatment next week but they also want me to stop steroids altogether on treatment even my 200mg/week self administration I have been doing for 8 years without coming off once ( blasting and cruising)

Hey Matt I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2017. Stage 2.

I was one of the unlucky ones who wasnt treated/cured by frontline chemo ABVD.
I actually needed to go on for a bone marrow transplant.

Wish you the best. PM me if you have aby questions.

Hey thanks wrasse
Yeah started my first round of chemo last friday
Diagnosed with stage 3 myself
A mass lump under my one armpit, another small lump on the other side of my armpit a d small lump on the back of my head
I'd like to talk to u as u went through the same stuff
Did u lose alot of weight and muscle mass too? As your profile pic u look great bro was that before or after chemo?
And how did u feel going through treatment and for how long?
Thanks brother

Back