did kimbo tapped?

BOOMA

I thought Thompson had Kimbo tapping out in that guillotine. Kimbo's left hand touched Thompson's arm repeatedly and in the same spot very quickly, which seemed to be missed by the ref, then Thompson lost the guillotine.

regardless, fight went 3 rounds and kimbo won with tko.

i think the ref blew that decision. thompson was taking those bombs and shaking them off. should have at least let him fall down. seeing the ear ripped open was pretty cool tho......

He tapped.Ref should have called it when Kimbo was on the ground doing nothing to defend himself.What a joke of a fight.If Kimbo ever came over to the ufc he would get his ass handed to him by about anyone.Kimbo is not that good and the elitexc is a joke.

Horrible fight, but Thompson is a bum who was barely touching him with love taps. The ref made no mistakes, except for maybe allowing it to go anouther 5-10seconds at the end.

kimbo did get pwned on the 2nd round...he gassed out there. i'd say he barely survived the match due to cardio condition.

^^^I agree^^^
There were two rounds that could have arguably been given to Thompson due to holding top position while Kimbo just laid there doing nothing!! Had that been even one of the lowered ranked HW's from the UFC instead of Thompson, Kimbo would have easily lost. The fight definetly didn't make Kimbo look "talented".
Kimbo did not tap in my opinion... at one point in the guillotine he gave the ref/fans the thumbs up but I never really saw him tap.

so why didn't the ref stopped the fight after kimbo didn't answered thompson's 25 hits to the head? conspiracy :p

Horrible fight, but Thompson is a bum who was barely touching him with love taps. The ref made no mistakes, except for maybe allowing it to go anouther 5-10seconds at the end.

i agree there was not much behind his punches.....my granny prolly hits harder!

That was a completely horrible display of MMA on national television! I feel that the Elitexc is nothing more than a low budget toughman contest! Thompson should not have entered the cage with his ear in that condition, nor should Kimbo be hyped to be the big thing that he isn't! Kimbo is an awesome backyard brawler but nothing more, anyone with any MMA knowledge could have seen that any other true MMA HW would whoop his ass! The Elitexc will not last long with under par shows such as the one on CBS, the whole thing reminded me of WWE with the dancers and the strutting of Baroni to the ring! If anyone thinks Kimbo is the man and is gonna be the next big thing, then lets see him fight Fedor! As well the elitexc truly took MMA a step back in the general publics eye with that horrible show!

Bad fight, bad fighters bad reffing, bad promotion. It looked like Kimbo tapped, and tompson looked up at thet ref as if to say WTF he just tapped but it kept going, then to stop it over a busted ear, what a joke, thompson was slightly rocked but no worse than he was earlier in the fight, i belive he would have gotten another takedown and possibly finished the fight. Gary Shaw is the worst thing to happen to mma, he is so bias to his hyped up fighters and his own payday that he can't see the damage he's doing

There is not much you can do for an injured ear like that. I'm not sure how much wrestling experience you have had in your life but i have 10 + and that includes college and besides surgery that doesnt really help all that much depending on the extent of the injury he is going to be stuck with those ears. There is very little he can do for them.

Kimbo has some amazing strength but he has no conditioning and anyone that has decent wrestling ability and is able to stay away from his punches will own his ass as long as they can keep up the stamina. If thompson was in better shape that fight would have been so lop sided.

Kimbo got in several good shots but i believe that he had last both rounds already and calling the fight was total bullshit. Had he fell on the ground, no..... He may have been wheeling but he was still in it and i think he could have pulled it out. Shitty ass ending to what could have been a good fight.

Bad fight, bad fighters bad reffing, bad promotion. It looked like Kimbo tapped, and tompson looked up at thet ref as if to say WTF he just tapped but it kept going, then to stop it over a busted ear, what a joke, thompson was slightly rocked but no worse than he was earlier in the fight, i belive he would have gotten another takedown and possibly finished the fight. Gary Shaw is the worst thing to happen to mma, he is so bias to his hyped up fighters and his own payday that he can't see the damage he's doing

It looked like a tap to me. In any other venue it would have been a tap.

kimbo slice is useless......time is not on his side either
What is Bas Ruten teaching this guy

dosent matter how many fights he's had, the fact is he is the main event and that puts you out in the open for critisiism

Back