Difficulty Sleeping (any OTC or remedies?)

Yeah bro same thing here. I took 100mg and woke up feeling like I got smacked with a frying pan.

50mg did the same thing with the morning groggyness, and then 25mg did nothing.

Ya I cant remember the dose I took. All I remember is it was 1/3 of the pill and lights out. Its a Tranq. No good man. A lot of
sleep aids do that though. Make you feel very groggy. Which is the opposite of what I want.

A little bit of weed at night works for me (I'm in a state where it's legal).. If you don't like smoke u can always get a vaporizer,, also have THC mints,, dissolve a couple under the tongue, eat a late night snack and fall right to sleep and sleep 7-9 hours straight.

If I don't have anything at all though I can't shut my mind off and won't be able to fall asleep

Which state is it legal to smoke weed for recreational use? I have not heard of that yet.

Keep up,with the times man.. Don't you have a tv ?? :)

Just like walking into a liquor store with tons of beers, wines, spirits to choose from,, you can walk into a local pot shop and have hundreds of strains buds joints edibles etc. of Mary j to choose from.. And if your to lazy to drive to a pot store, just make a phone call and have it delivered to your home (just like pizza)

A little bit of weed at night works for me (I'm in a state where it's legal).. If you don't like smoke u can always get a vaporizer,, also have THC mints,, dissolve a couple under the tongue, eat a late night snack and fall right to sleep and sleep 7-9 hours straight.

If I don't have anything at all though I can't shut my mind off and won't be able to fall asleep

You become cannabis dependant when doing that... Thats why u can't sleep

Keep up,with the times man.. Don't you have a tv ?? :)

Just like walking into a liquor store with tons of beers, wines, spirits to choose from,, you can walk into a local pot shop and have hundreds of strains buds joints edibles etc. of Mary j to choose from.. And if your to lazy to drive to a pot store, just make a phone call and have it delivered to your home (just like pizza)

I know many states went medical mj use, but I did not know any went recreational use as well.

I just don't bother to watch the news - not much interesting happening and most things are simply there to either make me angry or sad, two emotions I wish to avoid. :)

I actually just started doing this the last couple months.. At 37 yo I've spent most my life NOT a fan of cannabis (and was never a partaker of it) . But when a recent injury left me bed ridden and half paralyzed, I was unable to sleep at all due to intense severe pain that the narcotic pain pills couldn't even help.. I decided to take Percocet AND canabis for the first time (that did the trick and I was finally able to get some relief as I waited to have the surgery)..

So from first hand real life experience I became a believer in medical marijuana.. And when the surgery was done and I was doing better,, guess what, I couldn't stop taking Percocet cold turkey (per doctors instructions cause it is addictive and u become dependent.. I had to slowly taper off) but I did stop canabis cold turkey no problem (because there is no physical dependency with it)..

IMO, it's no different then melatonin.. On nights that I know I really need to get a good nights sleep and I feel like taking marijuana I will,, other nights I don't .. I'll go a week without, or three days in a row with it.. It never really matters, there's absolutely no physical dependency (for me at least.. And this is surprising cause I have a very addictive personality and have been dependent on substances in the past, alcohol and stimulants.. So for marijuana to have no dependency or addictive traits with me, an addictive person, , is evidence enough for me that the med marijuana doctors are correct when they say that it is not a physically dependent drug).. It's the same with my wife whom partakes 1-3 times a month.

But 3J even though it's not a physical dependent substance,, is what your saying is that if I decide to rely on it every night to go to sleep that this pattern will lead to me depending on it to go to sleep
?
It's not the substance it's the pattern,, if someone drinks a warm cup of sleepy time tea every night at 10:00 pm then goes to bed,, and they do this repeatedly for an extended time,, then when the night comes when they don't have their tea they won't be able to fall asleep (not because the tea is a physically dependent drug but because the person is dependent on the pattern)

As others have mentioned melatonin can work well but it's not exactly going to put you to sleep. It really helps 'reset' your internal clock telling you it's time to sleep. So if you're not taking it around the same time every day it's probably not helping much.

Anti-histamines, doxylamine/diphenhydramine (benadryl) usually do the trick for me if I need something to actually knock me out.

On another note, trazodone is notorious for causing priapism which can make it difficult to sleep...

I have started using Mr. Supps Sleep and it is very good so far. I have used Melatonin (10mg sublingual absorption) for a while to get to sleep, but two hours later I pop wide awake, unable to sleep again. Mr. Supps Sleep allows me to fall asleep and stay that way, at least for the two days I have used it. I did wake up to pee once last night in the middle of the night - but I REALLY did have to pee - 45 seconds of a constant, good strength stream (I count how long it takes to empty my bladder - as well as gauge the power of the stream - as a measure to see if my prostate is enlarging). I am lucky I did not wet the bed. :)

It is good stuff, so if anyone has trouble sleeping, give it a shot. It is pretty cheap, too.

I have started using Mr. Supps Sleep and it is very good so far. I have used Melatonin (10mg sublingual absorption) for a while to get to sleep, but two hours later I pop wide awake, unable to sleep again. Mr. Supps Sleep allows me to fall asleep and stay that way, at least for the two days I have used it. I did wake up to pee once last night in the middle of the night - but I REALLY did have to pee - 45 seconds of a constant, good strength stream (I count how long it takes to empty my bladder - as well as gauge the power of the stream - as a measure to see if my prostate is enlarging). I am lucky I did not wet the bed. :)

It is good stuff, so if anyone has trouble sleeping, give it a shot. It is pretty cheap, too.

Please tell us more about your urinating habits. LOL. :)

10 mg of thc - works great, all natural, and non addictive (a lot of OTC sleep meds are addictive)

For some reason the marijuana argument.. even when just talking about THC alone, candies and such.. never goes over well around here.

I think if it made the transition to non-smoking altogether it may be widely accepted. Any kind of inhalation of smoke is more harm than good, I don't care how medicated (high) you get. The use of vaporizers has yet to be proven good or bad on the throat and lungs. But, there's food and oils.. seems like the obvious choice for a health minded individual..

I think most are just skeptical about it's real positive effects, because it's always been associated with only getting high. Times are a changin'!

I have packets of 5 mg tabs - just dissolves under the tongue. . It's in my medicine cabinet with the rest of my medicines.. And it's perfectly legal where I'm at,, just stop in the local "medicine" shop and pick your flavor.. I never was a fan of weed nor a partaker of it,, until recently when a severe injury had me bed ridden for several months and the prescription percocets and muscle relaxers weren't cutting it I decided to try medicinal marijuana.. The percocets took the edge off the pain while the Mary j kept my mind from dwelling on the pain and I was able to fall asleep.
Now I just consider it a medicine like any other med

I actually vaped it a couple months back, just a couple hits. Was really conservative, cause I'd get crazy high as a kid and hated it.. main reason I didn't care to smoke that much back then.

Taking a more appropriate drag, followed by a cup of coffee left me very calm, laughy, and really just careless about most of the day to day worries.. Was a nice break that evening. Played a memory game with a deck of cards, and had fun just hangin out with some friends. A time and place for everything I tell ya!.. If it becomes a habit, and you need it to function.. that's an issue that needs taken care of..

Aside from those who have extreme cases of Parkinson's, or Tourettes.. I haven't seen an absolute need for it to be used all day. Those individuals are like seriously night and day different.. it's crazy.

Back