Do thermogenics burn muscle?

Ferrari360

Just curious...I started taking EAS Thermo DynamX recently (ephedra-free, just caffeine). They kind of suck because they make me shit almost instantaneously and kind of make me feel dizzy at times, but I was wondering if such products will burn any muscle along w/ fat. I'm doing cardio every time I go to the gym as well, so naturally I want to maintain as much muscle as possible. Thanks.

They don't really burn muscle, but... when you consider the extra calories that they burn, along with the calories burned by the cardio, plus if you're on a low-calorie diet, then you could certainly lose muscle.

Actually they can help perserve muscle. It just depends on the extremeties of diet and exercise. I would post some studies but to be totally honest, I'm just too fucking lazy right now.

EZstreet said:
Actually they can help perserve muscle. It just depends on the extremeties of diet and exercise. I would post some studies but to be totally honest, I'm just too fucking lazy right now.

The original studies on ephedrine/caffeine did show that this combination preserved LBM over conventional lower calorie dieting.

Whether this occurs with alpha-agonists such as synephrine or the questionable beta-3 agonist octopamine, remains to be seen.

T-3 definately has the potential to decrease LBM.

axiombiologicals said:
The original studies on ephedrine/caffeine did show that this combination preserved LBM over conventional lower calorie dieting.

Whether this occurs with alpha-agonists such as synephrine or the questionable beta-3 agonist octopamine, remains to be seen.

T-3 definately has the potential to decrease LBM.

I didn't figure T3 (hormone)as part of the question because it will no doubt burn muscle to a crisp if not used properly.

Back