do you do decline bench?

if youre progressing with incline and flat, then whatever, adding decline isnt the missing link to a crazy chest - it wont make or break you, its just another method for promoting a growth response.

vendela99 said:
I've never done them. Seem like a waste of time to me.
not a miracle worker but not a waste of time imo . doing the same excercises over and over will put you in a physical and mental rut . change it up with some declines/reverse grip benches /etc. from time to time .

DADAWG said:
not a miracle worker but not a waste of time imo . doing the same excercises over and over will put you in a physical and mental rut . change it up with some declines/reverse grip benches /etc. from time to time .

Agreed. It's all about variety and keeping things interesting.

I use to do them years ago. I do a set every now and then and you definately notice that your hitting the pec from a different angle. It also take a set or so to get use to the movement. One thing that I notice is that it gives the pec a more rounded look. The nipple would tend to curve down more than when just doing flat or inclines. It just depends what look you want. Back 20 or more years ago a lot of pro's use too make them part of their regular routine. I don't know about now.

Declines give my triceps an excellent pump and theres no strain on the shoulders i like them a lot

I do decline dumbells seem to be a nice finishing exercise plus you dont have to worry bout dropping the bar on your throat. lol

they dont HAVE to be put in a routine but they are good for teaching you to drop the bar in the right place. You can also do more weight with them and are good for training your body to put heavy weights in your hands for regular bench

With DC training I like to do 2 incline and 1 decline chest exercise. Seems to work pretty well

DADAWG said:
Well said bro.

Decline? I only do hammer decline after flat/incline bar/dumbs from time to time. I'd rather save my energy for better over-all movements, imo.

I haven't done declines in quite awhile, those and dips bother my shoulders too much now a days. Oddly or not, inclines never ever bothered me that I can remember.

Hammer declines are fine though.

only HS decline's...but not regularly. Less blood to the head, pass out feeling.

I don't do declines anymore, I'm trying to hit upper chest as much as I can....I seem to rememeber a long thread about not being able to target certain area of your chest but in all honesty I have to disagree.

Lucky13 said:
I don't do declines anymore, I'm trying to hit upper chest as much as I can....I seem to rememeber a long thread about not being able to target certain area of your chest but in all honesty I have to disagree.

There are two muscles in the chest, both of which can be targeted.

Back