Do you do full squats?

I'm using the "squat" machine right now, because my form was getting worse as the weight was increasing. On the machine I go as low as I can go which is just a little under parallel. Otherwise I try to go about parallel and no less.

For me:

The deeper I squat, the better my knees feel.
The stronger my hamstrings/ass get, the better my knees feel.

I have found that for me, strong hips has been the key to helping my knees not hurt.

I think this is because I was weak.

LiftTillIDie said:
Yes I do full squats. I've never seen anyone else truly do them though.
I've never seen anyone at my gym squat full like me.

lol I had a guy say to me "Have you thought about not going down as far? You could use more weight." I just said no I'll just do them right.

I go low enough so my hamstrings touch my calves. I agree that going low involves my hips and hamstrings in the lift more and takes pressure off my quads and knees.

I notice if my form is a bit off or I'm not ready for the weight that I don't have my weight on my heels. This makes the lift hard and uncomfortable. If I concentrate and make sure my weight is on my heels and not on my instep or toes then I can go all the way down, I feel stronger through my hips, I am more comfortable with the weight and there is no pain in my knees.

i hear that ass to grass sqauts puts alot of strain on your ACL thats why alot of athletes who sqaut that way have torn acl.....i know of 4 off the top of my head who sqauted like that and all have had torn ACL's they all had very loose ACL's when looked at by doctors??? myth or fact??

Very interesting statement! Could explain me. I have torn both L and R ACL and had recons at the age of 17 and 19...squats were my fav exercise. i was reppin out 500s back then...oh how things change

Back