Doc put me on antidepressant because I'm tires all day everyday

meyers462

Okay well i went to my doc and he said my test levels are still in the normal range. Mine was 568 and low test is considered below 300. So I told him how I'm always tired and such and I could sleep for days and still be tires or sleep for 5 hours and still be tires. So he asked me if I was ever abused or anything and I wasn't so I told him no of course. But he put me on wellbutrin and said this should give me energy and he will see how I'm doing in a month. I am on day 3 and I'm not really tired anymore but I don't wanna be on antidepressants cause I don't think I'm depressed. Maybe deep down I am but I don't think I need them. I mean my mom is not in good shape and I work my ass off just to have all of my money go towards my car, insurance, and rent. I can't even afford to go to a community college. But anyway I need some advice and everybody on this forum is respectful and has helped me make important desicions before. I just don't know what to do

How old are you?? What do you do for a living? Where do you live or with whom?

Anti depressants are usually not used for NO energy unless of course the person has no energy DIRECTLY related to being down and not eating from depression. This your doctor has not diagnosed as you say ?

Whaat knid of doctor is this?

Anti-depressants have become Americas cup of coffee. That "doc" is making mad money off commissions, just another crack dealer on the streets.

How old are you?? What do you do for a living? Where do you live or with whom?

Anti depressants are usually not used for NO energy unless of course the person has no energy DIRECTLY related to being down and not eating from depression. This your doctor has not diagnosed as you say ?

Whaat knid of doctor is this?

I'm 21.

I work in a pizzeria only make 1300 a month.

I live with my mom because she is not in the best of health so I have to take care of her cause our insurance doesn't cover a nurse. And no where near close to middle class so I can't pay out of pocket. Also that is why I have not joined the military or went to college.

My doctor is my family doctor

I'm 21.

I work in a pizzeria only make 1300 a month.

I live with my mom because she is not in the best of health so I have to take care of her cause our insurance doesn't cover a nurse. And no where near close to middle class so I can't pay out of pocket. Also that is why I have not joined the military or went to college.

My doctor is my family doctor

Have you had a sleep study done? Antidepressants, even the "better" ones like Wellbutrin are not only habit forming, but are intended to be temporary.

Lexapro has helped me with my overall feeling of health. Which AD are you on?
He put me on bupropion HCl 75 mg 1 tab a day.

Have you had a sleep study done? Antidepressants, even the "better" ones like Wellbutrin are not only habit forming, but are intended to be temporary.

What is a sleep study and how much does it cost? And how is it done? And yeah I don't wanna be on them long or at all. These past 3 days I have felt good however.

Plus AD's disqualify you from the military and some government jobs like state/fed prison. If I did choose to go down one of them career paths.

He put me on bupropion HCl 75 mg 1 tab a day.

What is a sleep study and how much does it cost? And how is it done? And yeah I don't wanna be on them long or at all. These past 3 days I have felt good however.

Plus AD's disqualify you from the military and some government jobs like state/fed prison. If I did choose to go down one of them career paths.

A sleep study is where you spend the night with multiple sensors on your head and chest to determine if there are any problems going on while you sleep. I had mine done at the hospital near me in a special sleep ward, where they're set up, but I do know that it can also be done at home.

Sleep apnea is pretty common for men (you stop breathing while sleeping), and can really impact your quality of life, as your brain has to wake you up to start breathing again. I personally was going through this several times an hour, which left me very tired, and was treated with the use of a CPAP mask.

The cost is going to vary, but if you have health insurance, it is likely covered, minus your deductibles. I think I paid around a hundred bucks out of pocket when all was said and done.

I have a similar issue, I tend to feel very tired and fatigued (lethargic) all the time. Feel like I'm carry a bag of bricks on my back all the time. So the doctor prescribed me Paxil (SSRI) and I haven't been able to get a good nights sleep since.

Even with the lack of energy, poor sleep my lifts in the gym have been consistent though. Which likely rules out low test for myself.

Maybe get some more blood work done for vit b12 and vit d.

I had created a post on ADS just the other day. My wife went on them and now it's almost impossible to ween her off. She is now in a vicious cycle. When she starts to ween she starts getting more and more anxious because she has failed so many times. This just makes it more difficult.

You are young and I really feel for you because you have to look out for your mom. I'm in the same boat but I'm 43! So my hat is off to you for being a really good son! At 21 that's amazing.

That being said I have to also say something that will be profoundly difficult to wrap your brain around because I can tell you are dedicated to your protectING your mom........
You have to think about your future too! If you have to be away from her to do so , we'll you may have to do that. If the military looks like your ony option then consider it now while you are young. If there are other option s where you can still be theready for your mom then that would be great.

If you make a big step with your life and your mom sees you are going places she will be happy for you because at the end of the day that's what any parent wants.

If you make that big step you won't need AD or anything! You will feel the exhilaration of life as you grab it by the balls ! Your 21 ! Your full of piss and vinegar! That's your problem , you are stuck in rut. Young guys like you gotta be free to crush.

Hope this helps

OP , thanks for the reply and info. I see it helped for the others to chime in. What anzel said is very good suggestion and I hope you take it to heart. All that in due time. I don't like the idea of using an AD for energy or motivation. Sometimes ya know we can say well it works, but the addiction is serious with these meds. They will let you down and also the physical thing will make you feel like shit. The anxiety coming off puts you right back when those problems weren't you problem to begin with.

So what to do? The AD should start to work within the second week and it not a noticeable help I say get off. (talk to the doc before you cold turkey) Never cold turkey, NEVER. But monitor yourself with all this. Keep a log, you are young and this is just the beginning of a possible problem in your life by using these and any powerful meds. bupropion HCl 75 mg 1 tab a day is just for aches and pains.

Good luck and be careful keep talking to the doc and keep that log.

A sleep study is where you spend the night with multiple sensors on your head and chest to determine if there are any problems going on while you sleep. I had mine done at the hospital near me in a special sleep ward, where they're set up, but I do know that it can also be done at home.

Sleep apnea is pretty common for men (you stop breathing while sleeping), and can really impact your quality of life, as your brain has to wake you up to start breathing again. I personally was going through this several times an hour, which left me very tired, and was treated with the use of a CPAP mask.

The cost is going to vary, but if you have health insurance, it is likely covered, minus your deductibles. I think I paid around a hundred bucks out of pocket when all was said and done.

Okay so i should ask my doctor to set me up for a sleep study at the hospital right? I have Government health care so ihope it covers it. If not i think i could manage $100

I have a similar issue, I tend to feel very tired and fatigued (lethargic) all the time. Feel like I'm carry a bag of bricks on my back all the time. So the doctor prescribed me Paxil (SSRI) and I haven't been able to get a good nights sleep since.

Even with the lack of energy, poor sleep my lifts in the gym have been consistent though. Which likely rules out low test for myself.

Maybe get some more blood work done for vit b12 and vit d.

I had a full panel done before, i dont remember if the vitamins levels were included but i will ask him to test me for that next visit. I dont get much sun because im always working or at home with my mother. But i do take Vitamin B-Complex everyday. And i try to eat as healthy as possible on my budget, I cut all the junk food and fast food awhile ago.

I had created a post on ADS just the other day. My wife went on them and now it's almost impossible to ween her off. She is now in a vicious cycle. When she starts to ween she starts getting more and more anxious because she has failed so many times. This just makes it more difficult.

You are young and I really feel for you because you have to look out for your mom. I'm in the same boat but I'm 43! So my hat is off to you for being a really good son! At 21 that's amazing.

That being said I have to also say something that will be profoundly difficult to wrap your brain around because I can tell you are dedicated to your protectING your mom........
You have to think about your future too! If you have to be away from her to do so , we'll you may have to do that. If the military looks like your ony option then consider it now while you are young. If there are other option s where you can still be theready for your mom then that would be great.

If you make a big step with your life and your mom sees you are going places she will be happy for you because at the end of the day that's what any parent wants.

If you make that big step you won't need AD or anything! You will feel the exhilaration of life as you grab it by the balls ! Your 21 ! Your full of piss and vinegar! That's your problem , you are stuck in rut. Young guys like you gotta be free to crush.

Hope this helps
Yeah i know thats why i dont really wanna start taking ADs cause i seen my own family members on them and they just cant get off them. And i would like to travel and see the world and get job in the business field.My dream is to be a wall street tycoon and build a legacy that will last for lifetimes. So my future family would never have to go through the struggles i go through. And i would help alot of people and donate alot, and not to big corporations. I'd go to random people i see or random houses and give them money.

But i am scared to leave because what if something happens to her when im gone.

I would up my test get on proviron that keeps me happy

I took prohormones twice and i felt like superman lol. got the real stuff but i dont think im ready for that yet. Because i know once you start cycling you usually do it for the rest of your life. And i dont have the money right now to make that commitment.

OP , thanks for the reply and info. I see it helped for the others to chime in. What anzel said is very good suggestion and I hope you take it to heart. All that in due time. I don't like the idea of using an AD for energy or motivation. Sometimes ya know we can say well it works, but the addiction is serious with these meds. They will let you down and also the physical thing will make you feel like shit. The anxiety coming off puts you right back when those problems weren't you problem to begin with.

So what to do? The AD should start to work within the second week and it not a noticeable help I say get off. (talk to the doc before you cold turkey) Never cold turkey, NEVER. But monitor yourself with all this. Keep a log, you are young and this is just the beginning of a possible problem in your life by using these and any powerful meds. bupropion HCl 75 mg 1 tab a day is just for aches and pains.

Good luck and be careful keep talking to the doc and keep that log.

I did listen. I understand what he was saying. I took them for 4 days and today i didn't take it and i felt tired and sluggish all day and just thinking way to much. But i dont want to get hooked on them either. Just wish i knew the root to this problem, Maybe i am depressed idk. I would like to smoke a nice fat blunt right about now and forget everything but i quit that lifestyle awhile ago because i have to move forward in life. But right now i feel like im running my wheels in the same spot and getting nowhere.

Life is hard and being broke is hard but a little pill won't make anything easier if you have some spare $$ go start a martial art or something helped me

And who could blame you if you are depressed your working a dead end job barley keeping your head above water trying to make ends meet no disrespect im in somewhat of the same boat im stuck in a shed all day welding peices of metal together and ive been doing it for nearly 10 years and it kills me evreyday like you said you have to do what you have to do you have your mum to think about and i have a 4 year old son to look after im currently trying to join the second commando reg in Australia hopefully that works out if not i guess ill be stuck in a shed all day for the rest of my time . Just remember taking a little blue pill wont fix those problems i hope u can get into the army someday mate goodluck to you

doctors make so much money pushing these drugs its ridiculous. i'll never touch an SSRI those are some fucked up drugs.

i thought i needed it at one point but all i really needed was a lifestyle change.. and once i did that the quality of my life improved tremendously.

there are so many people on anti depressants that dont even really need them. don't get me wrong, some people legitimately need them, but i think most people just need a lifestyle change like me. medication is not always the answer ESPECIALLY fucking SSRI's. that shit is worse for your brain than heroin IMO

Meyers, yes you are scared for your mom. You should be, that means you are human......
Life can be scary and it can paralyze you enough out of making decisions. If I can go back and do it again I would have done some things different. . So you won't always know if you are doing the right thing but remember, there is no gain without risk.

Okay so i should ask my doctor to set me up for a sleep study at the hospital right? I have Government health care so ihope it covers it. If not i think i could manage $100

I had a full panel done before, i dont remember if the vitamins levels were included but i will ask him to test me for that next visit. I dont get much sun because im always working or at home with my mother. But i do take Vitamin B-Complex everyday. And i try to eat as healthy as possible on my budget, I cut all the junk food and fast food awhile ago.

Yeah i know thats why i dont really wanna start taking ADs cause i seen my own family members on them and they just cant get off them. And i would like to travel and see the world and get job in the business field.My dream is to be a wall street tycoon and build a legacy that will last for lifetimes. So my future family would never have to go through the struggles i go through. And i would help alot of people and donate alot, and not to big corporations. I'd go to random people i see or random houses and give them money.

But i am scared to leave because what if something happens to her when im gone.

I took prohormones twice and i felt like superman lol. got the real stuff but i dont think im ready for that yet. Because i know once you start cycling you usually do it for the rest of your life. And i dont have the money right now to make that commitment.

I did listen. I understand what he was saying. I took them for 4 days and today i didn't take it and i felt tired and sluggish all day and just thinking way to much. But i dont want to get hooked on them either. Just wish i knew the root to this problem, Maybe i am depressed idk. I would like to smoke a nice fat blunt right about now and forget everything but i quit that lifestyle awhile ago because i have to move forward in life. But right now i feel like im running my wheels in the same spot and getting nowhere.

Nice post management :)

doctors make so much money pushing these drugs its ridiculous. i'll never touch an SSRI those are some fucked up drugs.

i thought i needed it at one point but all i really needed was a lifestyle change.. and once i did that the quality of my life improved tremendously.

there are so many people on anti depressants that dont even really need them. don't get me wrong, some people legitimately need them, but i think most people just need a lifestyle change like me. medication is not always the answer ESPECIALLY fucking SSRI's. that shit is worse for your brain than heroin IMO

I'm glad you qualified your statement with what I highlighted in your post.

My first Clinical Breakdown was in 1975. I was very sick, hospital , Psychiatrists, one on one therapy, group therapy and a lot of meds over the years. It took a few years for science to catch up (it out of hand now) but when I finally found the right Mix and Anti-depressants it saved my life quite literally.

So my saga goes on all these years and still but what I want to say here for everyone who reads you post and mine is your are correct and I am the man that NEEDS them. I don't know why the fvck I stopped (temp) my Prozac last month but I ran out and put off getting it.

So 1 week goes by and my wife (ex) says out of the blue, "Mike are you taking your meds"? I lied and aid of course. Now 3 more days go by and I start to feel a little sad, just off the mark. I ask myself.....and then I just go on. 2 more days go by and the shit hits the fan. I will not describe it's embarrassing , but I know then I have fvcked up AGAIN after all these years, I know better.

I can tell you that there is sometimes physical withdrawal that didn't happen this time but it has when I was on a dose twice as much. I was very, very sick then, suicidal an homicidal. I put myself in the CSU unit here for a week. Well past the 72 hrs. That's all I'll tell.

So I jumped back on my PROZAC. I front loaded (remember I've been doing this for yrs.) and in 2-3
days later I was felling normal. Let me qualify that my NORMAL not high or better than average but ok stable and I knew I was back on the track of life.

I have witnessed many others that have to have the SSRIS meds. I have also witnessed all the Bullshit people that diagnose themselves as well as the quacks and get on them. You now how many people I've com across that say to me "oh I'm Bi-Polar too" huh? and others that say "It's all in your head dude, get over it" or "it's those meds that are making you crazy" If I didn't have them I would have killed myself back then several time over and I AM NOT FVCKING JOKING not making this up. I'm not now and not for quite some time. G@G now...:)

So thanks for your statement in there because I am a very serious case but I am getting better late in my life. Better late then never. LOL .........OMM :wavey:

Last edited:
Back