Doc put me on antidepressant because I'm tires all day everyday

Meyers, yes you are scared for your mom. You should be, that means you are human......
Life can be scary and it can paralyze you enough out of making decisions. If I can go back and do it again I would have done some things different. . So you won't always know if you are doing the right thing but remember, there is no gain without risk.

I understand. If you play it safe all the time you'll get ahead, but if you take risks in life you may fail or it may pay off big and make you happier then ever before. I haven't taken my AD in 3 days. Do i feel an different? Yeah i do, the pills took away all sadness and my worries and gave me energy. But i did some research on Vitamin D and i learned that you can develop anxiety, depression, and feel fatigued all the time. I know i don't get much sun due to me working all the time or inside with my mother so i figured ill start taking a small dose of Vitamin D @ 2000 and i as of lately i feel like i have some more energy and i feel a little better about myself. But as soon as i start thinking about my future and what im gonna do with myself or thinking how do i even manage to get where i want in life i start getting sad and just be inside my head to much. I feel like i think way to much, everything i do in life i think of about 30 different outcomes in minutes before i make a decision.

I'm glad you qualified your statement with what I highlighted in your post.

My first Clinical Breakdown was in 1975. I was very sick, hospital , Psychiatrists, one on one therapy, group therapy and a lot of meds over the years. It took a few years for science to catch up (it out of hand now) but when I finally found the right Mix and Anti-depressants it saved my life quite literally.

So my saga goes on all these years and still but what I want to say here for everyone who reads you post and mine is your are correct and I am the man that NEEDS them. I don't know why the fvck I stopped (temp) my Prozac last month but I ran out and put off getting it.

So 1 week goes by and my wife (ex) says out of the blue, "Mike are you taking your meds"? I lied and aid of course. Now 3 more days go by and I start to feel a little sad, just off the mark. I ask myself.....and then I just go on. 2 more days go by and the shit hits the fan. I will not describe it's embarrassing , but I know then I have fvcked up AGAIN after all these years, I know better.

I can tell you that there is sometimes physical withdrawal that didn't happen this time but it has when I was on a dose twice as much. I was very, very sick then, suicidal an homicidal. I put myself in the CSU unit here for a week. Well past the 72 hrs. That's all I'll tell.

So I jumped back on my PROZAC. I front loaded (remember I've been doing this for yrs.) and in 2-3
days later I was felling normal. Let me qualify that my NORMAL not high or better than average but ok stable and I knew I was back on the track of life.

I have witnessed many others that have to have the SSRIS meds. I have also witnessed all the Bullshit people that diagnose themselves as well as the quacks and get on them. You now how many people I've com across that say to me "oh I'm Bi-Polar too" huh? and others that say "It's all in your head dude, get over it" or "it's those meds that are making you crazy" If I didn't have them I would have killed myself back then several time over and I AM NOT FVCKING JOKING not making this up. I'm not now and not for quite some time. G@G now...:)

So thanks for your statement in there because I am a very serious case but I am getting better late in my life. Better late then never. LOL .........OMM :wavey:

Im glad you're getting better as time goes by. And iunderstand what you mean by ADs are not for everyone and if your going to be on them docs should give multiple tests and not just write scripts out. But this day in age that's all American docs do

Meyers, you have a chess match going on in your head. It's confusing I know.....but it's also called thinkinging. And that's good. If that's how your brain works then so be it.
Don't go against yourself, figure out how to work with yourself..
A smart guy like you at your age is tough to be cause you are smart enough to think things thru and try to figure all the angles but you may not have enough experience. When I was 21 I was all over the place. . It took me years to get my thoughts in line. But what helped was I did 2 things. First I started to look at what other people were doing . I talked to them. Tried to find out how they went about moving forward with their lives. And the 2nd I went to someone much older that I know had been thru a long life. Someone I could confide all my jumbled up thought s. I told them I had no clue what to do and he helped me narrow down things so I could think better.

Here is my best advice. At your age you can be taking the bull by the horns and riding his ass all the way to wall Street or where every you want. If you want that then I think you need to go to school. If school ain't happening cause of finance then there is the military. I only mention that cause you had in an earlier post. Now if you go into the military and they pay for school you will have both of those working for you when your go job hunting and you will still be in your 20s .
Now there are other things you can work on as a plan b.....

Start looking up taking tests to get hired by police or fire dept., fill out applications for postal service. Who is the power company in your area? A line man makes good money! Did you ever think about bar tending? A good bar tender makes good monew and you can network! Not only can you meet girls but you may impress a buisness man that will give you a job.
I can go on and on. You have unlimited options. You got the world by the balls!

As I'm thinking here best course is this. Go to bartenders school. Should take 2 or 3 weeks. Get a job tending. You usually work night and weekends. That frees up your days to. Look after your mom and to go hunt down other opportunities. Look into all the other things I mentioned. Look into being a fireman they have good schedules where you can take care of your mom.

You have to decide for yourself. But what ever you do decide...crush it! Be bold and take no fuckin prisoners!

There is no shame to be on an antidepressant, half the country is including myself. The world is changing and I don't believe the human mind and body were made to withstand the stresses of today's society. Stay on the medicine and keep in touch with your doctor. Medicine can't make all the crap go away, but it can help you to deal with it a little better. Just remember, that person you see in the car next to you that looks like they have it all together, they don't, we are all in the same boat.

Total BS advice, our bodies and minds have been designed to withstand all types of stresses. You sound like a lobbyist for anti-depressants which are way more addictive than heroin ever was.
Noone needs to be on that shite but todays "doctors" are being trained to give out prescriptions to fatten their wallets and to keep people under their control instead of finding the root cause. Oh I am tired all day so here you go, take 2 of these and deposit the money to this account, oh my ass itches so take 2 of these and send the money to this account.

Its all about your will brother, you all here are losing or have lost your free will which is right there for the taking, best to take it and run with it and settle your debts with our maker when its all said and done, because, like the good book says, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW and we will all have to answer or get out.
in a perfect world there are no "doctors" only nutritionist. Think about that.

Last edited:
Back