does accutane get rid of pimples for ever?

They stopped coming after I took it. Could have been coincidental with my age when I took them, may have stopped getting zits then anyway. Shit dries the crap out of your skin.

it will keep acne gone for 6months to a year after you stop taking it, but eventually it will come back bro. i am on some right now. you have to keep in mind that accutane is liver toxic, so it will elevate levels...

They stopped coming after I took it. Could have been coincidental with my age when I took them, may have stopped getting zits then anyway. Shit dries the crap out of your skin.

I took accutane and now only have like 1 occassional pimple, but it worked awesome

Bingo.

I was on this over 10 years ago when I was in high school and it was a miserable experience, but it beat having a pizza face. Face has been completely clear since then with just a small zit from time to time that pops up, usually from too much sweat or something of that nature.

I still get some odd side effects from time to time (small bumps on the palms of my hands and in between my fingers) in the winter.

I took Accutane in HS and it went away.. now once I stopped taking it occasionally I would get some and now only when Im stressed I get some pimples. Also depending on my diet determines what I get. Benzyl Peroxide 10% works for me everytime I have one I need to eradicate and I wash daily with Neutrogena facewash. Everyone reacts differently, I guess.

Last edited:
I also took accutane in high school for like six months due to really bad acne. It knocked it out good and kept it away for a while but it has come back since I started Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). My back, arms and chest mostly. I have been on retin-a for six weeks now and it has started to clear it up some. I would only go back on accutane as a last resort due to liver toxicity and other sides. My lips got so chapped on that stuff it was ridiculous. I put on vasoline like every 5 min and it never worked.

I also took accutane in high school for like six months due to really bad acne. It knocked it out good and kept it away for a while but it has come back since I started Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). My back, arms and chest mostly. I have been on retin-a for six weeks now and it has started to clear it up some. I would only go back on accutane as a last resort due to liver toxicity and other sides. My lips got so chapped on that stuff it was ridiculous. I put on vasoline like every 5 min and it never worked.

Yeah man, I never want to touch that stuff again. I'm glad I did it back in the day, but it was horrid. My skin was constantly just dried out something awful and yeah, the chapped lips were terrible and even my hands would peel.

Took accutane for 3 months and all acne went away and hasn't come back since. I get the odd zit while on a cycle but that's it. Pretty bad sides from accutane tho and it will make your acne a lot worst before clearing up.

took accutane for 6 months first two months at 40mg then dr up it to 80mg a day, 3 months later worst break out of my life on my chest. never had acne on my chest only on my back. Its not worth the risk, i could have lived with back acne but choose to get on it for a photo shoot and look what happens now the side that you see in a picture looks like someone shot me with a paintball gun. get yourself a good cream and always wear clean clothes/towels and lay off the junk food. There are other medications out there to try first. dont jump on accutane unless you have tried everything and gave it atleast 2months to work as a zit on average takes 2-3 weeks to grow from your pores to where its noticeable. My .02 cents. Not worth it, never will i use that shit again. you have nose bleeds, your skin is ashy so you have to constantly put lotion on. not to mention your not supposed to be out in the sun for to long cause it does more harm, and you dont want to take it during the winter cause you will get even more dried out. so there really is no good time to take this shit unless you love going through a tube of chapstick a week and buying lotion out the ass.

Only thing that has worked for me was accutane. I've been on it 3 months now and have another 3 or 4 to go. I only have a couple small pimples on my back which is the best I can say since I started puberty... And I think those are just from the tren night sweats I just started getting.

Back