Does anybody have different sized pecs?

el musculo

Hey guys just wondering if anybody else has noticed a slight difference in size and development between their pecs. my left pec is slightly larger than my right. The two pecs are exactly the same strength, it's just my right pec has a slightly different shape and seems to be visibly smaller but not by too much. Does anybody else have this issue? Can anything be done about it, or is it just simply my genetics?

Thanks

It's normal for one side of your body to be more developed than the other. There are a few reasons why, these are the two I can think of off the top of my head-

1. You have stronger neuromuscular connections to the dominant side of your body. This means that if you're right handed you can lift more with the right side of your body. Because you can recruit more muscle fibers on the right side of your body you'll be putting that side of your body under more stimulus thus more reason for that part of your body to grow.

2. People use their dominant side of their body more often. Once again, more stimulus on that muscle means more muscle growth.

3. if you do isolation exercises then you may further exxagerate the emphasis on one side of your body.

Almost everyone has more muscle on one side of their body than the other. It's natural. Even look at the pro's who work day and night to achieve perfect symmetry. No one's perfect, so don't sweat it if one arm is a little bigger than the other, it's normal.

hmm okay thanks for the feedback. My left pec is my larger pec, but im right handed and its not that they have any real difference in strength, they push the same weight. So you say isolation exercises will further exaggerate the difference, do you think i should just stick with the various pressing exercises then? My goal is to build muscle... I dont wanna quit or slow down on training chest.

Interesting that it's your left pec. Stick with exercises that work both pecs and on the side do an isolation exercise for your smaller pec. This will help close the gap in size.

I would do your normal workout for your chest but add a set or 2 of dumbell press movement just for the affected pec like clamp is saying.

hmm, okay I'll start doing this on chest day. Ill post back in a few weeks and let you guys know how it goes. thanks for input!

Back