Does anyone do decline?

BigHuge

I am banned!
I don't really get much out of it usually feel dips alot more, just seeing what everyones stand is on this

I like decline because you can generally press about 40 pounds more than you can on flat bench.

Yeah I'm kinda big too seems like more trouble than its worth at 6'4" its uncomfortable benching more weight doesn't really make it more enticing

I love decline and it's easier on my shoulders and I feel more strict pec activation with it... Been working a lot on flat bench lately though

I personally love decline. It just gives me another way to rip my chest...also helps get that lower chest formed

They're not a staple of mine every week, but I hit them pretty regularly. I always lead with incline as I feel it's the most important and during my strength-only weeks, I'll go incline -> flat -> decline.

My gym blows, though, and I just do decline DB bench because they don't have a normal decline bench and I hate trying to line it up straight in the Smith machine.

Maybe its just me but I hit the track on almost every press on decline and its aggravating, plus the upside down thing, out just doesn't feel natural, don't really feel it in my lower chest not like dips at least, yeah incline is my favorite plus it gets the front delts pumped

On my chest day I always switch each week between flat, incline and decline for barbell and dumbell presses. I like to hit the chest at all different angles and keep changing things up.

I personally believe incline and decline to be better for getting results. I used to only do flat and incline till I took the advice of a local body builder. dude is huge and always ripped and basically told me for results focus on incline and decline, well I did and my chest has blown up. always had problems growing in my chest till I started alternating workouts leading off with incline and decline. I always do all three but leave flat for last.

I do decline sometimes on bench days,not much though,but it is my favorite close grip bench for my triceps,i get a big boost in mass and strength when i do close grip decline press on arm day,this excercise has made me stronger in my overall flat bench press,due to the tricep training

Back