Does anyone get the jitters while working out?

Future Prodigy

Lately, while i'm lifting i get these crazy jitters where my whole body goes into like mini type spams (almost like an anxiety attack). THe thing is though i play ice hockey and ball hockey as well and it never happens when i do cardio related exercise, it's only when im lifting. WTF is up with it? I sometimes can't even hold my hand straight

I somtimes get a twich in my right thigh when doing heavy upright rows or standing presses. dunno if this would be considered the same as tiny spazams.

no drugs, and no stimulants... ive had this before when i took way to much caffeine. My workout partner will have his heart rate in the low 100s and ill be in the 190s on only the 3rd set. My whole body goes whack

Future Prodigy said:
no drugs, and no stimulants... ive had this before when i took way to much caffeine. My workout partner will have his heart rate in the low 100s and ill be in the 190s on only the 3rd set. My whole body goes whack
No ideas here, bro. Doesn't sound like low blood sugar, plus you do pretty active cardio with no problems. I think I'd be asking a doctor if it's really out of control.

Future Prodigy said:
190 after 3 sets with no stimulants?

thats about where my heart rate would be after running max effort intervals, and that may be pushing it.

I used to have similar issues. It turns out I have whats called a overactive adrenal gland the doc has had me on BP meds and klonopin for anxiety for 7 yrs, its helped a lot but I don recomend the klonopins they can be addictive

190 is nuts, unless its leg day and you only take 30 second rest periods or something?

Maybe you aren't getting enough water and/or potassium?

ya man maybe your are taking in to much sodium or are retaining a bunch of water... But that weird that it doesn't bother you during cardio... But a visit to the doc might not be a bad idea

Back