doses of dbol in the 70s

Ethical Labs, a pharmaceutical company in the Dominican Republic manufactures dbol under the name Anabolex. In the leaflet inside (or whatever you call the instructions that medicine comes with) it says it should be used at 15mg per day for one month. I just thought it was interesting that that is the recommended dose and duration (it comes in 3mg pills).

Powerhouse9 said:
I don't even know if it matters, because its not like any of us are gonna look like Bill Pearl off of 3 dbol a day. Take todays doses.

I have news for you;

Even at todays dosagess, you ain't gonna look like Bill Pearl.

slobberknocker said:
Here's an article written in 1968 about steroids. At the end, a test is mentioned in which 20 mgs/day was used as the dose.

http://www.americanpowerliftevolution.net/New Folder 1968/AASanalysis1.html

I have to believe that the pros were taking a lot more than that though. I wouldn't be at all suprised if people like Arnold and Tony Atlas and Lou and some of those guys were taking over 100 mgs/day or more.

In this article, they seemed to think that 20mg a day was a very high dosage. And the conclusion was that steroid work as a placebo (heh)

About Arnold and Co, it's been said before, they had no post cycle therapy (pct) back then and you didn't see a lot of Gyno, so they probably didn't take that much for too long.

Another thing, Chet Yorton in that pic on the first page looks awesome for a natural. Probably had no wheels though...

Insane_Man said:
In this article, they seemed to think that 20mg a day was a very high dosage. And the conclusion was that steroid work as a placebo (heh)

About Arnold and Co, it's been said before, they had no post cycle therapy (pct) back then and you didn't see a lot of Gyno, so they probably didn't take that much for too long.

Another thing, Chet Yorton in that pic on the first page looks awesome for a natural. Probably had no wheels though...

Actually Chet Yorten has killer calves!The thighs were respectable too, but obviously not in the caliber of todays pros. But you know what? I think the legs and glutes on todays top contestants look ridiculous. I also have to laugh when people put down Arnolds lack of leg development. I have many pics of Arnold off-season and it's obvious he wasn't genetically blessed with thigh development, but look at a picture of him in contest shape and his thighs are pretty fucking awesome. It's another classic case of people sitting behind their computor complaining while others go out and accomplish something.

Nelson, you have made many references to the doses of dbol in the 70's. They didn't have gyno, or seemingly ANY other sides as far as I can tell, or am I missing something? Is it possible that many of the nasty sides of dbol only come with the higher doses?

This has got me thinking about starting an experiment. Say start at minimum dosage of 5 mg of d-bol aday to see how it effects me. maybe keep it at 4 weeks max. Then after a few months recovery do another D-bol cycle of say 10 mg. and see the effects that has on me. Why you ask? Well its not gonna do me any harm. plus i got the patience and time i suppose.

Cutthroat said:
This has got me thinking about starting an experiment. Say start at minimum dosage of 5 mg of d-bol aday to see how it effects me. maybe keep it at 4 weeks max. Then after a few months recovery do another D-bol cycle of say 10 mg. and see the effects that has on me. Why you ask? Well its not gonna do me any harm. plus i got the patience and time i suppose.
shit recover from what. 5mg a day won't shut you down worth anything. I took 15mg/day (a low dose for me I have been as high as 50mg/day) and I felt I got the same effects than I did at the higher dose. I took it for 2 months and loved it.

Nelson Montana said:
Actually Chet Yorten has killer calves!The thighs were respectable too, but obviously not in the caliber of todays pros. But you know what? I think the legs and glutes on todays top contestants look ridiculous. I also have to laugh when people put down Arnolds lack of leg development. I have many pics of Arnold off-season and it's obvious he wasn't genetically blessed with thigh development, but look at a picture of him in contest shape and his thighs are pretty fucking awesome. It's another classic case of people sitting behind their computor complaining while others go out and accomplish something.

Good to know about his legs, I wonder how tall he was cause he looked killer at 210.

I agree that today's legs are kind of ridiculous, but a lot of guys (not all of them) back in the "good old days" seemed to be lacking leg development.

I totally agree todays guys are fucking crazy looking.I would love to look like arnold did in his prime.I also thought that the Barbarian brothers from the 80's were built really good.

Back