Elbow pain ?

Dlove

Product of Test
After maxxing out my deadlift two weeks ago I have a very weird pain in my elbow. It's not a pull or strain it literally feels like a bad bruise. Has anyone else got this if so how long does it take to go away. It's not getting better and Ive stayed out of the gym wich Im not happy about. I also have a sprained wrist and knee from Mtn. climbing accident great start to a new yr.

if it's tendinitis(spelling?) or tennis elbow hold on, your in for along ride bro. I'm not sure mine will ever go away, it sucks big time! get it checked asap. the only thing that made mine somewhat better is time off.

good luck

Tendonitis takes a long time to heal but there are a few things you can do to help that process. Eat shell fish--it is the natural way to get MSM Chondroitin into the system this helps on a minor level, also lighten up on your grip when exercising. Breaking the deathgrip habit is difficult but it will lessen further aggravation of the problem. A chiropractic adjustment can help too, it is not specific to the area but once you get yourself back in alignment the healing process will work better. Take a hot bath, do some stretching, then follow with a cold compress--frozen peas are ideal for this.

huskyguy said:
Tendonitis takes a long time to heal but there are a few things you can do to help that process. Eat shell fish--it is the natural way to get MSM Chondroitin into the system this helps on a minor level, also lighten up on your grip when exercising. Breaking the deathgrip habit is difficult but it will lessen further aggravation of the problem. A chiropractic adjustment can help too, it is not specific to the area but once you get yourself back in alignment the healing process will work better. Take a hot bath, do some stretching, then follow with a cold compress--frozen peas are ideal for this.

Damn HG are your really an ACH.Eng or Doctor. Dude thanx for the advice I will definitely incoporate sheelfish into my diet and a lot of peas.

Do I have to stay off the weights completely? Lifting is my life outside of work and my Fiancee. Also how long does something like this take to heal.

Man this yr. is really starting out horrible!

The peas are not for eating they are a great icepack--my brother is a Doctor, I am a Civil Engineer but I do more Architectural design and structural work than anything else. No you do not have to stay off the weights completely, just give the injured area a brief rest and go back to lifting with care. Lots of ab work is my motivation to get back into the gym--it is so boring and takes so long that I get really motivated to lift again.

This is some a advice I gave to someone else a few weeks ago that was having elbow problems when doing triceps. Your problem might not be a triceps issue, but its an elbow issue....thought this might help.

"whether you know it or not, most likely you do have an elbow ingury. If you have been training for few yrs, you probably developed it over time from doing bench presses, skull crushers, tricep pull downs, etc... you have got to keep away from locking when doing these excersises. Like i said, most likely this is what has caused your ingury. Any professional body builder will tell you the same thing, to keep away from locking. its very bad and hard on your elbows. Your elbows are made up of joint, ligaments, tendons, and bone. those ligaments and joints are extremly fragile and brittle and if mistreated, can be ingured easily. Id suggest hitting up a heating pad during the evenings and getting some glucosomine. Id just take it easy. when it comes to tricep training, do mostly pulldowns. stay away from overhead dumbbell extentions, dips, etc...as these put lots of stress on your elblows. Also, you can wrap them, and that will help with the pain. good luck bro, just dont push it to much until you are fully capable of doing so."

your in for a ride DLOVE. Elbow pain sux.

Right now i have it under control but it still flares up.

Here is what i have been doing. Applying emu blue menthol\msm blend cream before workouts and then wearing apex elbow sleeves. To be honest skullcrushers are the best exercise for triceps, but i cant do them cuase of my elbows dont want to play.

DLOVE shoot me a pm brotha...how are things?

Back