Endurance athlete - TRT - Tired

Triguy812

I am a 38 y/o male endurance athlete. Around 4 years ago I stopped trt (which I really didn’t need) after being on 200mg of test c for 2 years. Everything started back up after a while, and things were normal. About 2 years ago I went back on due to brain fog, and slightly low levels of free t. It was probably low due to being a triathlete, but I thought it would help performance, and cure the brain fog. The dr. prescribed 200mg weekly, but I knew to only take 140, or I would put in some serious unwanted muscle mass. Everything went fine for a while, but then I got injured, and lost a couple weeks training. So, in my mind, I thought I would bump,it up to 170mg for a couple weeks to help me recover faster. I did this yesterday at around 10 AM, hit the pool at 2 PM, and felt like a BEAST by 3 PM. To me, that seems like an awful fast turnaround - 5 hours from pin to results. Here’s where it gets interesting, by 6:00 PM I was tired, fatigued, and ready for bed. Still feeling tired, lethargic this morning. I don’t have access to my latest labs, but at 150 weekly I was > 1200 total, 20 free, high SHBG, borderline high estrogen. Thoughts?

I'm a marathoner and have been on TRT for years. I do best with as minimum a T does as possible. I don't anything scientific to back this up but on larger doses I found my body wore me out adding muscle. My strength gains on a minimal doseage have been a game changer. Recovery is better as well.

When you begin TRT it takes your body about 6 weeks to adjust. There is a great sticky on this here.

I don't have the links but injected test can begin to raise blood levels is as little as 6 hours and one reference I found had the peak release about 24-30 hours post injection.

Also knowing what test can do there is the placebo effect. Knowing you took a higher dose subconsciously motovated you. You killed it and wore yourself out.

Possibly you just had a good time, trained hard and got tired aroind the time you injected. Coincidence. Some philosopher of science once said "coincidence is what you have left when you apply a bad theory" so who knows.

If guess a little boost, a little placebo and you were tired.

Placebo for sure from what you have shared. There is no way you will feel any significant difference between 140-170 mg.

If you feel better, go with the higher dose for a while and train like a maniac. Get new blood work done to verify your numbers.

i'd say its a placebo effect.. it takes weeks for your plasma levels to peak with an up on dosage.. and it takes 24 hours to have a peak reading from your last injection..

it may be that your estrogen shot up.. but we dont have the whole picture

Back