Fastest Meals - Easiest Meals

AI

Hey guys, what is the fastest meals know of. Basically if you have to go to work/school and you didn't prepare anything for that day, what can you grab ASAP.

A few I know of are:

• Oatmeal w/ Protein Powder
  • Hard Boiled Eggs, but it's messy if they're not peeled

Does anyone pull chicken breast right out of the freezer and microwave it? Or something to that effect?

It would be great to prepare a days worth of food in 10 minutes. I would pay more money for something that's fast on days I don't have any food prepared.

Thanks for any ideas.

With my job. I find myself eating on the go ALOT. Protein bars and shakes are the fastest. As far as real food goes. I find myself poppin' a can of tuna and or sardines. Its a lil messy but very fast. Microwavable rice is quick too. Beef jerky, nuts. Are some more ideas.

If you dont mind the cost, purchase precooked precubed chicken breast

That makes it real quick for me to put together chicken meals

This is why you make meals the day before or wake up around and 1 1/2 hours earlier to cook, weigh, measure, package everything for your day.

8 ounces of egg beaters (get Southwestern style it is delicious - scrambled)

1.5 cups of oatmeal (microwave)

1 scoop whey protein in skim milk

This makes around 780 calories of food.

Takes a big chunk out...and it's good for you and fast. I eat it every morning.

Def make your food in the morning or the night before (whenever you have time). As someone said before Tuna (is anyone worried about the mercury content if eating too much?)

Make a couple days at a time if you really don't have time to do it every day. Tilapia does not take long, neither does chicken. The best way to make chicken in bulk would to be to throw it in an oven and cook until the juices flow clear. Then you can slice it, dice it or leave it whole. Make sure you season before putting it into the oven. Oven keeps it juicy if you put them all squeezed in next to each other in a pan similar to a cake pan (forget what they are called, but the ones with sides, not a flat sheet).

what I do when I work 50+ hrs a week usually during spring, summer & fall (seasonal work) I cook all my chicken, sweet potatoes, & veggies on sunday and pre-package them all so that I have enough for monday to saturday 4x pre prepared meals a day for 6 days then I only have to cook breakfast & meals after work, but other than that everything is all ready to eat, if you put it in the fridge with a colder temperature than usual (turn up the dial for it to be colder) then it stays good untill I get to it. this takes my whole day sunday though lol so be prepared to spend a lot of sundays in the kitchen

what I do when I work 50+ hrs a week usually during spring, summer & fall (seasonal work) I cook all my chicken, sweet potatoes, & veggies on sunday and pre-package them all so that I have enough for monday to saturday 4x pre prepared meals a day for 6 days then I only have to cook breakfast & meals after work, but other than that everything is all ready to eat, if you put it in the fridge with a colder temperature than usual (turn up the dial for it to be colder) then it stays good untill I get to it. this takes my whole day sunday though lol so be prepared to spend a lot of sundays in the kitchen

Exactly!

Every sunday I cook all my meals for the week. everything except breakfast as i make that quickly first thing inn the morniong.

Buy some meal replacement drinks if you're really in a rush, complete source of nutrition! Or grab some liquid vitamin packs and mix up some protein/carb powder and some oil throw it all together to make your own.

Exactly!

Every sunday I cook all my meals for the week. everything except breakfast as i make that quickly first thing inn the morniong.

I tried making my eggs the night before, but then I end up forgetting them.

So, on Sunday I try to cook at least mon-wed, and then cook thur-fri's eggs on wed night

Exactly!

I hate doing a weeks worth of cooking in a day. It not only loses taste through the week but it also parish within a few days.

No Bueno.. I like cooking the night before

Thanks for the replies everyone.. A lot of good ideas..

The one about lowering the refrigerator temp is something I never tried, nice one..

Hey Alpha, if you don't mind me asking, what is an example of what you would cook then night before and how long does it take? Thanks...

Oh, if you cook your food for the entire week.. Did anyone ever try freezing the Wed-Sat food?

Thanks for the replies everyone.. A lot of good ideas..

The one about lowering the refrigerator temp is something I never tried, nice one..

Hey Alpha, if you don't mind me asking, what is an example of what you would cook then night before and how long does it take? Thanks...

It all depends. Sweet potatoes, veggies, chicken fajita, chicken breast, carne asada steaks, tuna sandwichs. I'm not the 6x a day type of guy, more like 3-4 more or less. I supplement with protein between meals.

I use the grill, I find this the most conveinent. If you dont have one a george foreman actually works well too.

I put my steak, chicken, and salmon on the grill while I have sweet potatos in the oven. I boil brown rice while I'm cooking and when I am done making rice I use that same water and pot to hardboil eggs. I use the microwave to steam vegtables. This only uses a few dishes total and you can cook everything at the same time cause your not waiting on something to finish ( except the rice + eggs). In the morning I make oatmeal in the microwave.... there is nothing wrong nuking steel rolled whole oats, never buy instant oats. I try to make 3-4 days worth of food at once, as alpha said I do not like to risk eating spoiled or tasteless food.

Greek yogurt is a great addition to many meals and there is ZERO prep time for that. Almonds are great when you need fats. Also a turkey sandwhiche can be made very very quickly too.

Great post, I got a lot of ideas from reading it!

Oh, if you cook your food for the entire week.. Did anyone ever try freezing the Wed-Sat food?

I gave it a shot, and then I always took the foods out two days in advance to thaw a little.

3J and I changed my diet around a little, so now I don't have to worry about too much cooking.

RAW EGGS BUDDY. easiest meal, no bloat, NO energy though. I've had 10 raw eggs n felt like i consumed nothing LOL

But good easy protein. I have raw eggs before sprints. Had 5 raw eggs today, 4 white 1 whole before sprints. easy :D

I would do raw eggs.. Don't you worry about salmonella? That's the only reason I wouldn't do it. Maybe egg beaters is a way around it??

RAW EGGS BUDDY. easiest meal, no bloat, NO energy though. I've had 10 raw eggs n felt like i consumed nothing LOL

But good easy protein. I have raw eggs before sprints. Had 5 raw eggs today, 4 white 1 whole before sprints. easy :D
:thinking:

The risk of this out weighs the benefit.

Bad idea.

Back