First Anavar cycle results

pineapple

My wife did her first Anavar only cycle. Start 5'1.5", 109lbs, she's petite. Into her first week of post cycle therapy (pct) she was around 119lbs.
Was an 8 week cycle, starting dose of 4mg min and max of 15mg.

Sides: at first, acne, upper back, neck and facial; that subsided after a few weeks. Water retention and bloat was the major noticible side effect.

Results: minor muscle gains. More than noticible fat gain and water weight, T3/T4 didn't help at all (dose was 40mcg/day). Diet and exercise stayed the same always. Seems she gained more fat on her thighs and butt on cycle, her diet was same as before cycle. She put on water, about 7lbs in about 1-2weeks. She's never gained fat that fast. The water and fat gain in theory is based on the female body to convert most of the androgens in the blood into estrogen. Therefor causing an elevated estrogen level which leads to fat and water gain. She did gain some muscle on her arms and back. As of today, she's down to 111lbs, looks nearly as good as before she got pregnant, she's lost a lot of fat that she gained on her cycle. She cant lose weight well with weights, so her better option may be half cardio and half weights. She used IGF/HGH combo for a little over a month, she's afraid of shots cuz they hurt so I stopped giving them to her.

Side effects and EFFECTS of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to MEN, and not the same as to WOMEN. Same goes for individuals reacting differently to different drugs. Will probably not use Anavar herself again. Women run on ESTROGEN and men run on TESTOTERONE, two completely different hormones. So reading up a profile on a certain steroid and the results of the drug...mostly will APPLY TO MEN, for the most part.

In regards to taking Nolvadex or Arimidex or Femara to combat conversion of androgens into estrogen, it would be, in my opinion, best to take Arimidex or Femara in low doses. Femara is a very powerful anti estrogen and the half life is about 40hours, so those daily doses will build up. You can take .25mg of Femara per day along with whatever steroid compound to reduce and eliminate the conversion of the steroid into estrogen, do not use Nolvadex. If you read in the articles forum a thread I started called "NOLVADEX", Nolvadex competes with the estrogen receptor, it does not stop the conversion of androgens into estrogen. So when you stop taking NOLVADEX, you still have a flood of estrogen in your system that will flood your reseptors when Nolvadex is discontinued. The conversion of androgens (steroids) into estrogen is what causes the fat gain and water gain in women. Arimidex in this case stops that conversion of androgens into estrogen, therefor no bloating or fat gain will occur. This is only theoretical based on my research.
UPDATED LAST 11/6/2007:

Last edited:
Hi Pineapple,

Well, she's not the only one who holds water on Anavar. Me too, big time!

Yes, it's a well known fact that women react differently to Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) than men.

I'd hesitate to combine the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) with Nolvadex..... as this might mess up your wifes natural menstrual cycle completely.

Personally what I've found to be more effective, is Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) related to the DHT-group rather than to the testosterone-group. Whenever I take testosterone - it doesn't matter which type - I gain an enormous amount of water. May be because it converts to Estrogen?
Strangely, this doesn't happen when I'm on something like Andractim (gel) - whilst it does give me the benefit of hardened muscles and the like. Only side effect - bit more hair on the upper legs (and slight increase in libido). May be because DHT does NOT aromatise??? Guessing here! So I theorize that stuff like Primobol depot (injection), will have the same effect. Can't speak from personal experience though, as I haven't tried it out - yet.

Hope this information is of use to you.

Last edited:
pineapple said:
Conclusion: side effects of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to MEN, and not the same as to WOMEN. Same goes for individuals reacting differently to different drugs. Will probably not use Anavar herself again.

No doubt..i found the same as far as inv's and females reacting differently..My wife found Winstrol (winny) tabs made her hold water and injects did not.Winny tabs or caps make me so dry its painful..i only use Winstrol (winny) in oil...and Winstrol (winny) oil gives here acne when waterbased does not .

when dealing with a female--
...try a little see what happens ...forget what you read for the most part ,use it only as an outline .always have her self checking and giving feedback ...tolerate minor neg sides but only for short durations.Always remember...Once they get screwed up its permanent.

Yeah, nolvadex would be a bad idea (for a female) in my opinion, after I read the NOLVADEX article in the articles section. I think Proviron along with Anavar could be a good combo.

Too many guys on boards flame women for taking anything but Var or Primo or they will turn into men. Are they saying that because everyone else is saying that or because that's what they read? Sound like a typical person saying steroids are harmful; how typical.

Any changes in your wife's "femininity" from taking Winstrol (winny)? Face, voice changes at all, Nasdaq?

pineapple said:
My wife did her first Anavar only cycle. Start 5'1.5", 109lbs, she's petite. Now into her first week of post cycle therapy (pct) she's around 119lbs.
Was an 8 week cycle, starting dose of 4mg min and max of 15mg.

Sides: at first, acne, upper back, neck and facial; that subsided after a few weeks. Water retention and bloat was the major noticible side effect.

Results: minor muscle gains, but noticible. Minor fat gain, at least to me but maybe it's just I'm picky, T3/T4 didn't help at all. Looks more like 50/50, fat/muscle ratio. Seems she gained more fat on her thighs and butt on cycle, her diet was same as before cycle. She's never gained fat that fast. I dont know what anavar did, or what the response to the drug was, but it put fat on her pretty quick. She did gain some muscle on her arms and back.

Conclusion: side effects and EFFECTS of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to MEN, and not the same as to WOMEN. Same goes for individuals reacting differently to different drugs. Will probably not use Anavar herself again.

Hmmm, my wife is experiencing the same thing with acne and water. She gained 6 lbs in first 2 weeks of her Var cycle. I didnt think water retention was a prob with Var but apparently it is with women. What kind of diet was your wife on? Im curious if this was a bulker so to speak, or if she ate clean and still put fat on.

I can't believe I did not notice this thread before! Great information guys! I do not like the side effects your women have been getting......if I choose Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) anavar will probably be one I steer clear of.

A girl I dated took 15mg of var for her 1st cycle. No water retention, no acne, lost fat, no sides to speak of. It also made lean muscle and upped her strength alot.

Winny gave her terible sides. acne, muscle tightness, joint pain, vaginal dryness.

Are you sure you had real var?

Im sure, i cant speak for the others but thats 3 people in this thread experiencing the same thing so its pretty good evidence in favor of. My first thought was it might be Dbol but im taking 50mg day myself and not experiencing any bloating. I usually blow up on 30mg of dbol. Plus i trust my powder source.

roccodart440 said:
A girl I dated took 15mg of var for her 1st cycle. No water retention, no acne, lost fat, no sides to speak of. It also made lean muscle and upped her strength alot.

Winny gave her terible sides. acne, muscle tightness, joint pain, vaginal dryness.

Are you sure you had real var?
Var was real, from a reputable source, no doubt. Only reason I could think of why she gained water from taking var is conversion of the extra androgens into estrogen, or something in the body that pumped the level of estrogen and pulled all the water in. The estrogen was also responsible for her fat gain. (diet was same as before cycle)

She's now taking IGF1 and HGH every other day; trying to lose the fat she gained during cycle. She's been taking HGH/IGF combo for lil over a week now. Down to 115lbs, hopefully by end of summer she'll be down to 105lbs.

Recovery is good. No depression, no nothing. She did stop taking nolvadex as post cycle therapy (pct) regime because I thought it was a bad idea, and took Proviron for a week instead. Then she started taking IGF1/HGH.

IGF1 has been shown to counter/reverse self induced catabolism in rats.

Hey pineapple, Why so many drugs? Why not train and diet according to goals? Im not sure what ur lookin for is she fat? No muscle? Whats the goal?

Miss Muscle said:
I can't believe I did not notice this thread before! Great information guys! I do not like the side effects your women have been getting......if I choose Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) anavar will probably be one I steer clear of.

I lied......and I can't remember why I said I would steer clear of anavar......I must have had a reason.........

Anavar would be one of the first ones I would personally use. Even though certain ladies get crap side affects.

I got fantastic results from my 1st cycle of anavar (papervar), the only sides were acne, but the muscle I put on & the transformation were amazing.

BLOODTHIRSTY said:
Hey pineapple, Why so many drugs? Why not train and diet according to goals? Im not sure what ur lookin for is she fat? No muscle? Whats the goal?
The goal ofcourse was to lose fat and gain muscle. But anavar actually put fat on her instead. Dont forget, steroids affect women differently than men, so reading up a profile of a steroid may not apply to women as it does to men. At least not in this case it didnt. She got more fat (directely from taking anavar) than muscle. Her diet and exercise and everything else was the same as before she was taking it.

Good thing is, she's back to her precycle weight - back to normal.

You cannot lose fat and gain muscle. Gaining muscle needs a surplus of cals, losing fat needs -ve cals. Impossible to do both. IMO if she was gaining FAT she had a poor diet.

Papa Lazarou said:
You cannot lose fat and gain muscle. Gaining muscle needs a surplus of cals, losing fat needs -ve cals. Impossible to do both. IMO if she was gaining FAT she had a poor diet.
Androgens can cause a woman to put on fat. They sometimes play havoc with insulin sensitivity.

Papa Lazarou said:
I'm at a loss of words, only thing I can say to respond is that.... I quote Cramer, - "You know nothing!".

DocJ said:
Androgens can cause a woman to put on fat. They sometimes play havoc with insulin sensitivity.
Do you have anything to back this up? Or is this your theory or an opinion?

Last edited:
BUMP. I have updated the first post. Reread for more information. This is for the newbies.

Chyme in if you want.

all I can say is every womans hormones are different, one reacts to something the exact opposite as another.. this is very informative thread.. everyone keeps telling me dhea will not convert to estorgen but I went on it and bam I gained weight without changing a thing.. My estrogen levels went up! I was actually dieting and when I stopped taking it I gained a lot of water... ..The reason I bring this up is that I was contemplating Anavar (var) or primo.... I wonder If I will have the same affect as your wife pineapple just becasue of my sensitivity to converting dhea...... do primo and Anavar (var) pretty much cause the same sides? same results on average? My goal is to hold on to my lean mass as much as possible while dieting... I do lift heavy 4 days on one off and do cardio 6 days a week. BF is 18%

Wow. Suprised to have read not such great sucees with the women here on Anavar (var) . My girlfriend took it for only 6 weeks at only 10 mg a day and, OMG! Her quads came out so nice and sexy. Her sex drive was absolutely explosive. For once, LOL she was always in a great mood. No acne just a crazy six pack abs and nice ass and quads. Im on 50 mg's of Anavar (var) right now feeling like Gold, I love it!

Dlove said:
Wow. Suprised to have read not such great sucees with the women here on Anavar (var) . My girlfriend took it for only 6 weeks at only 10 mg a day and, OMG! Her quads came out so nice and sexy. Her sex drive was absolutely explosive. For once, LOL she was always in a great mood. No acne just a crazy six pack abs and nice ass and quads. Im on 50 mg's of Anavar (var) right now feeling like Gold, I love it!
I imagine your wife already has a good metabolism as far as keeping fat off and keeping muscle on. That's not most women tho.

Back