First cycle for the new year's eve !!! (Need some info before I begin)

RustySword

*I DID read the stickies and I've read about steroids for about a year*
I just don't understand things when they're written like that, I have many unsolved questions.

I'm 23, 5'8, 75kgs 10% bf all year round, started gym 3 years ago at 54kgs, I've gained 21 kgs of muscles and that seems to be it.
Bought Testosterone Enanthate grapeseed oil based, not sure how bad or good that is, 250mg/1ml.

1. Arimidex, Aromasine ? Which one and why?
2. When do I use each?
3. is HCG must on a first Test E alone cycle? Some people escaped without any problems.
4. Should I freeze my sperm at a spermbank in case something happens and I fuk up my nuts/sperm?
I don't want deformed kids lol.

Thanks guys.

It's stupid to shut your body's natural test down whilst at its peak. You have not come close to your genetic limit either. Learn to eat.

21kg of muscle in 3 years is good. Keep going for the next two years then enhance.

Welcome!

Just like Gainjin said above regarding cycling.

And you should be able to gain more the natty way for the next couple of years. The reason you have hit a plateau is probably because of you now being advanced and therefore your training should be tweaked more often. Drop sets, giant sets etc.

Have you thought of bulking a bit harder ? For me as a natty I'm at my best regarding strength at a bf between 12-15%. Another + side is you don't look like a twig natty at that bf% either.

And give us a layout of your diet and training program there's always room for improvement in both departments.

be sure to freeze your sperm in a bank for sure before you get on this proposed cycle.

Last edited:
It's stupid to shut your body's natural test down whilst at its peak. You have not come close to your genetic limit either. Learn to eat.

21kg of muscle in 3 years is good. Keep going for the next two years then enhance.

Welcome!
Hey thanks! I appreciate your comment :)
Well, it's not really "at it's peak", I've had a blood test 2 weeks ago on TOTAL and FREE Testosterone.
Total was mid way in the range, while free test was at 10ng/dl (I think these are the measurements) in a scale from 5 to 30.
That's not even half way in the range, that's quart of the max blood test's range.

I've been eating healthy for 3 years, sleep 8 hours every night and workout 3-4 times a week, I don't see a reason why my free T is at 10.
2 of my friends ran the same test, one of them had it at 17 while the other at 22 .

I did try tweaking the program, but eating more = more fat gain.
I used to build muscles easily, but as time went by, the muscle-to-fat ratio flipped, I barely gain any muscles now, it's mostly fat.
I did try to go beyond 75kgs but it seemed the be 90% fat even on a clean bulk.
I tweaked the program and tried various programs.

Please tell me it's alright to start a cycle now? :)
I wouldn't begin a cycle if I still progressed.

Just like Gainjin said above regarding cycling.

And you should be able to gain more the natty way for the next couple of years. The reason you have hit a plateau is probably because of you now being advanced and therefore your training should be tweaked more often. Drop sets, giant sets etc.

Have you thought of bulking a bit harder ? For me as a natty I'm at my best regarding strength at a bf between 12-15%. Another + side is you don't look like a twig natty at that bf% either.

And give us a layout of your diet and training program there's always room for improvement in both departments.
Hey man, thanks for the reply :)
Like I stated above, I tried to beat the 75kgs but it seemed to be mostly fat even on a clean bulk.
I tried various programs and tried to beat it few times, but nothing seemed to help.
I study exercise physiology and my lecturer built me few hypertrophy and strength programs, but nothing seemed to help.
I got to 82kgs, realized it was mostly fat, so I cut back to 75kgs and started again several times.
I end up at the same point.

We all gain muscle rather easy the first couple of years in our journey.

And even though you keep ending up where you begun there should still be room for you to put on an additional +10lbs.

But think it through if you decide to cross over to the dark side. There is always a chance of you not being able to restart your HPTA after a cycle. This will doom you to TRT for the rest of your life.

If you really read thru the stickys, you would have answers to all your questions. Maybe trying spending the next year or two reading them till you understand everything...

Please post the blood work results!

It doesn't sound like you are hypogonadal, but if you were you would need TRT, not a cycle.

ive done my cycle when i was 20y old and it was a bit stupid i think. It is one way ticket so IMO you should wait with that but if you really want to run cycle take hcg thru cycle, dont forget about PCT :)

We all gain muscle rather easy the first couple of years in our journey.

And even though you keep ending up where you begun there should still be room for you to put on an additional +10lbs.

But think it through if you decide to cross over to the dark side. There is always a chance of you not being able to restart your HPTA after a cycle. This will doom you to TRT for the rest of your life.
Wait, are you telling me, if I run a proper T cycle with PCT and everything included, I still risk my HPTA?
Is it a risk everybody takes? Or is it only risky at my age?

If you really read thru the stickys, you would have answers to all your questions. Maybe trying spending the next year or two reading them till you understand everything...
lol.

Please post the blood work results!

It doesn't sound like you are hypogonadal, but if you were you would need TRT, not a cycle.

She sent me an excel version of it, I was too lazy to physically pick it up from her office.
I'll copy paste :

ESTRADIOL(E2) : 140 PMOL/L [20<250]
PROLACTIN : 109 MU/L [50<280]
FREE TESTOSTERONE : 10.52 NMOL/L [5.80<28.00]
TOTAL TESTOSTERONE : 641.35 ng/dL [270<1070]
TSH : 1.45 IU/mL [0.34<5.60]

Are there some more values I should be checking? I got no problem having a blood test again.
Just let me know what to ask the doc, if there are more values I should be checking, she basically gives me w/e values I ask for.
Btw, I ran these tests after 7 hours of sleep, had to wake up early, doc told me to stay awake for at least 2 hours before I get my blood work.
Is it the correct way to test Testosterone? Because I know it varies throughout the day.

These values aren't suggestive of a medical deficiency. They're lower than ideal for your age, however.

You can retest after a good nights sleep and get bloods drawn between 7-8am. But I'd expect that your t values would be higher. I've never heard of the 2 hours awake rule. T values are highest first thing in the morning.

You risk your HPTA every time you cycle, even with pct and doing everything correctly.

ive done my cycle when i was 20y old and it was a bit stupid i think. It is one way ticket so IMO you should wait with that but if you really want to run cycle take hcg thru cycle, dont forget about PCT :)
Hey man, thanks for sharing your experience, mind telling me a bit more of why you think it was stupid?

These values aren't suggestive of a medical deficiency. They're lower than ideal for your age, however.

You can retest after a good nights sleep and get bloods drawn between 7-8am. But I'd expect that your t values would be higher. I've never heard of the 2 hours awake rule. T values are highest first thing in the morning.

You risk your HPTA every time you cycle, even with pct and doing everything correctly.

Aha, I get it now.
Thanks for helping :) Any other values you suggest me to test?
And yes to your statement : These values aren't suggestive of a medical deficiency.
That's why I said I have low T even if it's within the range, I almost had a fight with my doc, she kept saying I'm alright when I'm clearly NOT !

I'll run another blood test next week and aim for 8 hours of sleep.

This ^^^. I thought the same thin g when I read your post. AND if you still have these Q's you are not educated enough.
Quoted YOU :
2. When do I use each?
3. is HCG must on a first Test E alone cycle? Some people escaped without any problems.

It's all there in the sticky's. Go back and reread We can't explain it all in one post. Test goes up so does your Estrogen ( E2) then side effects so Adex to control E2. If you don't understand this SIMPLE thing then you have NOT read enough.

Last edited:
Some good reading in here.

Just wanted to share if you did do it then I always vote aromasin, reason being is it's much harder to crash your e2 with, easier on your lipids then adex and letro, and it also had the potential to raise IGF-1 - there's some neat research on it.

Also for me I notice way less side effects with the aromasin. hCG is also a good backup to help keep the loop going to some degree in the background when you lose your LH signal, so yes hCG is a must especially since it's cheap and easy to use.

Certainly a roll of the dice with your HPTA, that's going to be your personal call in the end but danish and gainjin gave you great advice.

This ^^^. I thought the same thin g when I read your post. AND if you still have these Q's you are not educated enough.
Quoted YOU :
2. When do I use each?

It's all there in the sticky's. Go back and reread We can't explain it all in one post. Test goes up so does your Estrogen ( E2) then side effects so Adex to control E2. If you don't understand this SIMPLE thing then you have NOT read enough.
The reason I asked it, even though reading stickies, is because everyone says diff things.
Diff forums claim diff methods of use, some people claimed you don't even need HCG and ran a proper cycle without any problems.
Today I consulted with a pro BB in my country, he said HCG is a must, and I should run it 2x a week, 500iu each shot, 2 weeks after injecting test and 3 weeks afterwards along with Nolvadex and Clomid, according to him.

Some good reading in here.

Just wanted to share if you did do it then I always vote aromasin, reason being is it's much harder to crash your e2 with, easier on your lipids then adex and letro, and it also had the potential to raise IGF-1 - there's some neat research on it.

Also for me I notice way less side effects with the aromasin. hCG is also a good backup to help keep the loop going to some degree in the background when you lose your LH signal, so yes hCG is a must especially since it's cheap and easy to use.

Certainly a roll of the dice with your HPTA, that's going to be your personal call in the end but danish and gainjin gave you great advice.

Hey man, thanks or sharing :) gonna phone a friend and get the required items.
So, that's HCG along with Aromasin, right? Not just one of them.
Does an individual use Aromasin only when he has irritations in the nipples? Or run it anyway throughout the cycle?

When you say it's a roll of the dice with HPTA, you mean, EVERYBODY who cycles, rolls the dice, right? Not just personally me.
- btw, I had an appointment this morning with my doc, asked for another blood test which I'm gonna run next week.
I got LH, TSH, SHBG, Free T, Estrogen, Prolactin, anything else I should ask for?

Just like Milton said ! Stick with one forum at a time that way you won't get confused and if you had read the stickies you wouldn't be confused.

It seems like you made up your mind ? And no it's not only you who rolls the dice with your HPTA it's everyone. Some cycle once and are shut down for life. Some run 10 cycles and have no problem restarting it again.

Just remember your natural test will suffer everytime you cycle. Whether it's 0,1%, 10% or a 100%. This will make your physique worse compared to your starting point if you are not On.

stick with what is said in this forum, it is written.
Yeah, I am, you guys do sound like experts with lots of experience ! Appreciate all your help :)

Get your vitamin d checked too. Low levels can lead to symptoms similar to those of low t.
Haha, I'm Russian so take it easy on me with the vitamin D.
I do supplement with D, latest results showed 34 ng/mL in a range of 20 to 50 ng/mL.
Assuming I'm alright.

Just like Milton said ! Stick with one forum at a time that way you won't get confused and if you had read the stickies you wouldn't be confused.

It seems like you made up your mind ? And no it's not only you who rolls the dice with your HPTA it's everyone. Some cycle once and are shut down for life. Some run 10 cycles and have no problem restarting it again.

Just remember your natural test will suffer everytime you cycle. Whether it's 0,1%, 10% or a 100%. This will make your physique worse compared to your starting point if you are not On.

Haha, yeah, I'm sticking with this forum, definitely, it's very active and lots of knowledgeable people here.
Umm, I think I did make up my mind, I booked a trip to Berlin in 2 weeks, planning to start the cycle right when I'm back.
But who knows what might change... Things happen...
One time I wanted a tattoo all over my arm, but after a week in Amsterdam, I completely forgot about it, lol.

Any of you, Danish guy or Gainjin used any steroids before?
Tons of people in my area are on gear, one of them really is shut down for life, the rest are alright.
What determines whether you're gonna be shut down for life or stay alright? That's interesting.

Back