First cycle plan.

Thanks guys!

On the car question, you're in luck. I'm a Porsche fanatic. I've got a 1966 912 converted to a narrow body '73RSR with an '83SC motor and lot's of mods and I've got a '78 targa rolling chassis that I'm slowly restoring. My coworker has an '83 944 that we need to put a clutch in this winter, I'll take a look and PM you after I've seen it. If they are anything like 911's it'll be a pieco of cake since 911's are just held in with allen bolts it's about a 15 minute job once the car's safely in the air.

Back to topic, creatine post workout eh? I was getting it with the morning shake but no problems I've got creatine powder here that I can add to the post workout shake. Dextrose is just sugar right? As for the sandwiches, any problems with making my own roastbeef? I much prefer beef to chicken especially if it's cold. Chicken in the pasta's a great idea just a few more minutes saute' For the late meal how about a steak and baked potato (my favorite meal) rub some olive oil and pepper on the meat before grilling? I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Thanks again. and I'll get back to ya in a day or so once I take a look at that 944. For horsepower tips specific to the 944 turbo try these forums http://forums.pelicanparts.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=35 or http://forums.rennlist.com/ turbo cars respond to airflow improvements even better than naturally aspirated so think about a K&N filter and high flow exhaust. A turbo blanket will help with spool up and as always bumping up the boost is great but requires careful attention to gas quality and mixture. The guys on these forums have more specific knowledge of the 944 turbo so I'd search there for some ideas.

Ok Boom, one last thing. How much cardio do you do? What about other sports like basketball? You may need to slow down to gain weight. :D

A Quiet Boom said:
Well THAT was helpful!

Let me explain something, I am a moderator on a computer related forum where I provide a lot of people with technical advice, I am very well respected because I NEVER jump newbies like you did to me here. Remember everyone including yourself was a newbie once and making fun of them will not help them. It's the old adage "unless you've got something nice to say...."

The best advice someone can give you now is don't take steroids. That's exactly what Golden_Muscle said. And he's right.

Want more advice?

eat.

You already knew that? Well why haven't you done it? Don't take tough love personally. We're here to help you learn what it takes to get bigger, but you should have the motivation to research tons more and learn a bit more about weight lifting and nutrition on your own too.

I get it, don't take them yet and I won't but what I don't understand is why? I mean what difference does it make whether I do them now or later? And what about the 1-Test that I'm already taking I know it's just a precursor but I added weight and reps to every leg exercise last night should I stop taking it for now? I definately agree that I need more knowledge to better customize my program to my body, that's why I'm here and that's while I'll listen to advice from those who've been there. For example I just finished breakfast, two french omelets with provolone and a big bowl of oatmeal (I'm out of ham) and I've packed the shake to take to work.

As for cardio, I'm avoiding it like the plague. Having raced bicycles before I know exactly what cardio does to my body, it sets my fast metabolism on fire but I've gotta wonder one thing, does it make any sense to go nuts with cardio instead? I'm thinking I could burn off my nervous energy and be more relaxed the rest of the day, kinda like giving kids ritalin to curb hyperactivity. You know burn off the energy to slow them down, just a thought. Anyway I'm going to restructure my diet and post it in that forum for critique.

Golden_Muscle, I'm sorry if for blasting back like that, I'm just frustrated, it's my nature. If you meant to help and I took it the wrong way then it's my bad. If you could only imagine what if feels like to be reminded of how small you are all the time you might understand.

Why? Because you only gave it a pitiful 11 months. Give it some effort and time. You have to constantly do it year in, year out and give it everything. Dont worry about racing cars for a few years, that doesnt put on muscle.

Your a bodybuilding mod? Wow.

I gave you the best advice, but you dont want to accept it. Do what you want.

A Quiet Boom said:
Thanks guys!

On the car question, you're in luck. I'm a Porsche fanatic. I've got a 1966 912 converted to a narrow body '73RSR with an '83SC motor and lot's of mods and I've got a '78 targa rolling chassis that I'm slowly restoring. My coworker has an '83 944 that we need to put a clutch in this winter, I'll take a look and PM you after I've seen it. If they are anything like 911's it'll be a pieco of cake since 911's are just held in with allen bolts it's about a 15 minute job once the car's safely in the air.

Back to topic, creatine post workout eh? I was getting it with the morning shake but no problems I've got creatine powder here that I can add to the post workout shake. Dextrose is just sugar right? As for the sandwiches, any problems with making my own roastbeef? I much prefer beef to chicken especially if it's cold. Chicken in the pasta's a great idea just a few more minutes saute' For the late meal how about a steak and baked potato (my favorite meal) rub some olive oil and pepper on the meat before grilling? I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Thanks again. and I'll get back to ya in a day or so once I take a look at that 944. For horsepower tips specific to the 944 turbo try these forums http://forums.pelicanparts.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=35 or http://forums.rennlist.com/ turbo cars respond to airflow improvements even better than naturally aspirated so think about a K&N filter and high flow exhaust. A turbo blanket will help with spool up and as always bumping up the boost is great but requires careful attention to gas quality and mixture. The guys on these forums have more specific knowledge of the 944 turbo so I'd search there for some ideas.

yup, it looks like just the allen heads on each end and the hub nut for removal, my landlord has a lift so ill be tryin this soon. know any good places to find porsche parts cheep? that axle had brocken before and it took forever to find the first time.

steak and potato is prolly my favorite meal too. definately brush it with olive oil. if you havent tried montreal seasoning try that. i love that shit. no prob with making your own roast beef either. just stay away from the proccessed shit. dextrose is basicaly just sugar, but its better at creating a insulin spike, which is what you want to shuttle all that protein and creatine into you muscles. you can buy 10 pounds for $11 at i think dpsnutrition.com.

Bud if your set on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) just run 500 mg Test E 10-12 weeks. Liquidex at .5 mg eod and have nolva on hand for signs of gyno(bitch tits).

Make sure to study up on post cycle therapy(PCT) and have everything you need before you start.

The bottom line is Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) will do NOTHING but bloat you if you don't learn to EAT and TRAIN like a fucking freak.

Stop at MC D's every morning before work and buy out the joint, always have nuts or candy readily available, stuff as many potatoes and oatmeal down the hatch as possible. Every morning Hard boil a dozen eggs and finish them before sleep. Chicken, tuna and steak are your best friends. Weight gainers and whey are also helpful.

I don't care how fast your metabolism is I could still gain massive weight with it. Your just being a puss:)

Golden_Muscle said:
Why? Because you only gave it a pitiful 11 months. Give it some effort and time. You have to constantly do it year in, year out and give it everything. Dont worry about racing cars for a few years, that doesnt put on muscle.

Your a bodybuilding mod? Wow.

I gave you the best advice, but you dont want to accept it. Do what you want.

Golden_Muscle, I'm not a bodybuilding mod, I'm a mod on a computer tech forum slight differnence I think. Anyway, your last post is actually helpful to me because you answered my question the first one didn't add anything to the converstation. You could of said "hey 11 monthes is not long enough to think about the juice, eat more and workout harder" and I would have perfectly understood that. Go ahead reread the post and ask yourself if it's as helpful and friendly as you think. Anyway I apologized and maybe I am oversensititive, I can't help that. I've been working on redoing my diet like you guys have said and I'll post it in the right forum when I think I've got a good one. But what about my workout routine? I'm completely waisted afterwards so I assume it's intense enough but is it often enough, I don't know. And what about the OTC 1-test I'm taking? I've noticed more strength from it should I continue using it or quit altogether for now?

Bronco944, my buddy is going to check his 944, if it's anything like a 911 all you do is remove the allen bolts and the halfshaft drops right out. The large nut on the outside is for the drive spindle and doesn't need to come out to replace the halfshaft. How did you break it twice? I'm assuming sticky tires and a dragstrip? Anyway I highly recommend getting the Chilton's manual for your car, nearly everything is laid out in detail there. Lastly I hope you are keeping up with your timing belt maintenance since the 944 is an interference engine a broken or slipped belt means bent valves or worst. We did my buddy's car over the summer and took it to the dealer for tensioning (the proper tool is $500) Pelican Parts www.pelicanparts.com is probably the cheapest and nicest to deal with for parts.

Well I'm off to eat again, I promise I'll eat as much as I can.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I would discontinue the 1-test.

It's probably going to affect your HPTA negatively. Think of using prohormones as having the same side effects of illegal Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) but without the same degree of results. Some will disagree with me on that last point but in this case it is for your own good.

Also IMO don't make promises to yourself or others, just do it.

magnusson187 said:
The bottom line is Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) will do NOTHING but bloat you if you don't learn to EAT and TRAIN like a fucking freak.

Stop at MC D's every morning before work and buy out the joint, always have nuts or candy readily available, stuff as many potatoes and oatmeal down the hatch as possible. Every morning Hard boil a dozen eggs and finish them before sleep. Chicken, tuna and steak are your best friends. Weight gainers and whey are also helpful.

I don't care how fast your metabolism is I could still gain massive weight with it. Your just being a puss:)

This is generally a good attitude to have. Here's the kicker though...

In your case you should be doing this even before you start a cycle. It seems like this is the more like the type of routine you need since you claim to have such problems gaining weight. That is, don't make excuses, just do what it takes to get results.

Although, I think there's obviously much more to it than just training like a freak. When you go to the gym you should have a specific idea about what you need to accomplish. This should be based on lots of past experience with what has worked specifically for you and on what diet.

How many different routines have you tried and stayed on for a long time? If you haven't tried the 5x5 or OVT or some of the others you really have no excuse to use steroids before you've exhausted the training methods available out there. This is my opinion and the best advice I see appropriate.

GreasyGreek said:
I would discontinue the 1-test.

It's probably going to affect your HPTA negatively...

...Also IMO don't make promises to yourself or others, just do it.

What is HPTA? I agree about the promise thing, it was meant to be tongue in cheek. I also suspected that opinion of the 1-Test. On a similar note I may have found part of my problem right here on the board. I read in another post that testosterone and other steriods can reduce the effectiveness of benzodiazapines which are anti-anxiety drugs and I am proscribed one by my doctor. I have noticed that the day after a workout is a nervous one for the last 5-6 monthes and I wasn't sure why but it's possible that increased natural testosterone is throwing my medication dosage out of whack and it's nervous energy that drives my metabolism. I've been on this medication for 10 years and at much higher doses than I am on now so I'm going to talk to the doc about upping the dose a little to see if my metabolism drops a bit. I remember the only explanation for last years weight gain that I could come up with was that I'd had a fantastic couple of monthes at work and my anxiety level was lower than normal. This news alone is enough to keep me away from the juice and the 1-test at least until I get some more experience and get the post workout anxiety in check.

A Quiet Boom said:

Bronco944, my buddy is going to check his 944, if it's anything like a 911 all you do is remove the allen bolts and the halfshaft drops right out. The large nut on the outside is for the drive spindle and doesn't need to come out to replace the halfshaft. How did you break it twice? I'm assuming sticky tires and a dragstrip? Anyway I highly recommend getting the Chilton's manual for your car, nearly everything is laid out in detail there. Lastly I hope you are keeping up with your timing belt maintenance since the 944 is an interference engine a broken or slipped belt means bent valves or worst. We did my buddy's car over the summer and took it to the dealer for tensioning (the proper tool is $500) Pelican Parts www.pelicanparts.com is probably the cheapest and nicest to deal with for parts.

Well I'm off to eat again, I promise I'll eat as much as I can.

Thanks! :)

i know all about the interference engine. my cars actualy got 158,000 miles on it. teh timing belts were done at 75k adn 150k. the only two services ever done till i got hit. the axle actualy vroke teh first time after being t-boned. i think it was cracked during the accident. so i put a new one in. that one blew out three days later while i was racing a stang. sucked, i fucken spanked him off the line too. i think ive tried pelican before but ended up having my mechanic get one cheaper somewhere else. ill check again though.

oh and to who ever said for you to give up rcing cars and concentrate on bb'ing, get real. yea bodybuilding is a lifestyle, but dont let it take over your life. thats rediculous. even ronnie coleman still worked full time when he became mr olympia. if bodybuilding is all you ever do and care about your eventualy going to get sick of it and no longer care. to me bodybuilding is more of a healthy hobby i can take part in throughout each and everyday.

A Quiet Boom said:
What is HPTA? I agree about the promise thing, it was meant to be tongue in cheek. I also suspected that opinion of the 1-Test. On a similar note I may have found part of my problem right here on the board. I read in another post that testosterone and other steriods can reduce the effectiveness of benzodiazapines which are anti-anxiety drugs and I am proscribed one by my doctor. I have noticed that the day after a workout is a nervous one for the last 5-6 monthes and I wasn't sure why but it's possible that increased natural testosterone is throwing my medication dosage out of whack and it's nervous energy that drives my metabolism. I've been on this medication for 10 years and at much higher doses than I am on now so I'm going to talk to the doc about upping the dose a little to see if my metabolism drops a bit. I remember the only explanation for last years weight gain that I could come up with was that I'd had a fantastic couple of monthes at work and my anxiety level was lower than normal. This news alone is enough to keep me away from the juice and the 1-test at least until I get some more experience and get the post workout anxiety in check.

hpta is your hypothalmic pituitary testicular axis. its basicaly how your body regulates its hormones, to say simplified. wen we say that the 1test will negatively effect it, were saying that it will make your body slow down its natural testosterone production because of the excess androgens in your system from teh 1test. these excess elves arent excess enough to see good gains, which is why greesygreek and most others here wouls say prohormones have the same sides, but less results. I have no idea how benzo's will counteract with steroids, but i do know a ton of people who take tehm when they juice.

Well here is my theory with a little background first.

About 12 years ago I was diagnosed with severe panic disorder, I was all over the map with medications for about a year and a half until I found my current doctor, he put me on clonzapam which is a benzo with a long half life and this allowed me to regain control of my life to a great degree. Since that time I have learned some cognitive behavioral therapy and my condition has been reduce to standard anxiety disorder. Over the last 10 years we have decreased my dosage to the current state which I have been on for about 3 years. Without medication I get really nervous and cannot kept the panic attacks in check but with a small amount of meds I can stay somewhat normal. The point to all this is that at my current dosage I'm still a little on the nervous side and this has got to be having adverse affects on my bodybuilding plan combine this with the possiblity that increased testosterone levels may reduce my medication's effectiveness and I could have enough excess nervous energy to offset any potential gains. It only makes sense to reduce or eliminate the nervous energy by re-upping the medication I currently take and have been successful with. This in turn my slow my metabolism to a somewhat reasonable rate and allow me to see better gains from my training and diet. In other words get healthy to get healthy and bigger. Neither my brother or sister suffer from my condition and they have to exercise and eat right to stay in shape. No one takes anphetamines to gain weight they have the opposite affect, well this is basically where I'm at if my medication isn't fully blocking the anxiety I seem like a person on anphetamines and my body reacts the same way, with no weight gain or even weight loss, difficulty sleeping until I burn out and crash for 10-12 hours you get the idea. Before joining this site I never put the two together but I think it makes sense. I don't see any reason why my doctor wouldn't up my medication, in fact since I'm 20lbs heavier than I was a year ago that alone my require a dosage increase.

If I understand the HPTA correctly what you guys are saying is that I could actually REDUCE my testosterone levels by taking the 1-test or a steriod at this point because they will signal the body to stop or reduce production when it senses increased levels of testosterone in the blood. Certainly makes sense to me.

I also agree about making BBing the central focus in my life. I'm the type who tends to concentrate on one thing for awhile, then gets bored and moves onto something else. For me to remain focused on BBing I'll need to maintain my hobbies or risk slipping on the program. In fact this almost happened to me 6 monthes into my program but I caught it in time but I did skip a workout and not eat right for a few days, I still ate but not at a level necessary to gain any mass. Now I schedule in my routine and diet to stay focused and to keep track of my progress. Also having a workout partner has helped both of us stay focused.

Back