• 400mg per week

Votes: 72 18.4%
  • 500mg per week

Votes: 221 56.5%
  • 1000mg-12000mg per week

Votes: 14 3.6%

• Total voters
BuddyBoy said:
Hey folks.. Im wondering if a dude was gonna run a test only cycle, and its thier first time ever running any kind of gear.. how much would you say to take?

Im 21, 5'11, 235lbs 17-18% bf, been training for about 3 years naturally.

Oh yeah, this is for a 10 week cycle
Mate my first time I did 250mg/week, bumped it up to 300mg a week after 3 weeks. Did 7 weeks in total and had massive gains in strength and size. Put on 10kg (over 20lbs) in the first 6 weeks. Anyone telling you small cycles like that will not do anything are talking out of their arse. I know guys that used to compete in the 70s and early 80s that would bulk on 200mg of enanthate ... and there are competeing bodybuilders. People just take way too much these days. Trust me, keep it low and simple. If your diet and training is right you will see good gains with minimal side effects. Remember, the more you take, they more you need to take next time. I experienced zero side effects and never ever plan on taking more than 400mg of gear, ever. Look at this way, if you try your first time on 250mg and don't see the results you want, you can try more next time.

Having said all that ... you're too young and too fat. Sorry bro. Get down to at least 12% and wait till you're 25.

Last edited:
i would suggest 500 but many people don't realize what 250 can do, i gained almost 20 lbs off 250 alone, although i was a small guy.

There's nothing wrong with 500mg week of enth or cyp, which is what i started at. But I will be honest. I got cocky and would always run 500-600mgs of test everytime I would cycle. THen hair started falling out, so I stayed away from test. A year later, I dosed a small 8 week cycle of test@250mgs, and Actually got as big if not bigger than my first cycle of 5-600mgs. Why? I feel that I should have started at 250mg/test instead of 500. I would have given my body a chance to grow at that lower dose, and maybe in the later years I would have hit the 500mgs, I would have been a monster. Not to mention my thought process of hitting 1000mgs a week. You will not loose anything by hitting 250mg your first time, IMO. I think it will give you an opportunity to see how your body reacts and grows to that dose, and then adjust accordingly. But if you start at 500mg, you will never want to do a lower dose than that, and you probably won't grow much more in the future unless you traing harder or up the dose. I know bros that wont grow on 1500mgs of test, they just look like they have the same look all the time. And just for the record, I quit test a while ago due to hair falling out, and now on the Anavar, I am bigger than ever. I wish I could do test, but hitting anavar forced me to work out harder, and I have kept good quality gains. I WISH I could hit the test now that I know what I know. Good luck to you and whatever you do.

DADAWG said:
yep , solid and simple , but dont forget post cycle therapy clomidor nolvadex starting 2 weeks after last injection
i thought it was 3 weeks after last inject or the earlier the better but not to early or to late?

I think a lot of people get sucked into the general idea of 500 mg/week when really for your first cycle you can grow like a weed on way less 200-300mg/week 10-12 weeks. I used 200mg per week for 10 weeks my first cycle got no sides gained 15-20 lbs and kept all strength and size!

Just my opinion, save going big till later.

I agree with FatChops...theres no need to make your first cycle complicated. Just run a straigh 500mg/week cycle of Enentate or Cypionate for weeks 1-10. Althought if your runnin Omnadren or Sustanon I've heard its best to inject that every 5 days.

Im thinking about doing the same cycle, my first test cycle. I'm going to go with Test E at 600mg per week and probly Dbol

Back