Free Diet Advice from 3J

I'm cutting , 5'7 200 pounds . My question is about the last meal of the day , which would be your best choice ? I usually have 10 egg whites with 1-2 yolks or some casein ( or whey ) with almonds . Any better choice ?

Joe, always go with a slow digesting protein before bed.. i always say casein, beef, bison, or cottage cheese/greek yogurt..

you want a steady stream of amino acids running through you while you sleep..

tell me more about your training schedule..

I do a 3. Sometimes 4 day split.
Chest shoulders bis.
Back bis.
Legs.
When I train I usually do cardio low intensity after for 10-15 and or 3 minute sprint intervals between exercises.
On weekends I do 30 mins in the morning. Than train again later in day
On weekdays I have training in the morning consisting of running 3-5 miles. Along with a hell of a lot of push ups. And sit ups.

Getting back after a minor surgery and looking to recomp the recomp that took place while I was not training.
Stats
Height 5'10
Weight 190
BF about 16-17%

As of now BMR 1940
TDEE 3346

Not sure what ratios of fat/carb/protein
Right now diet is something like this and I know I need to fine tune the macros. I train at 5 am so this is a training day schedule.

Pre work out
Banana 2tblsp almond butter

Post work
Whey shake with skim milk

Solid meal 1
4 eggs tbls olive oil
cup of oat meal
fruit usually a mix of berries

meal 2
chicken breast
avocado
quinoa or sweet potato
salad w spinach or kale and cucumber or another green

snack
almonds or peanut butter piece of fruit

meal 3
steak
vegetable tblsp olive oil

before bed
cup of cottage cheese

training
MWF
Full body split compound focus
Tues Hill sprints
Sat accessory work and some conditioning.
Depending on workout mwf one of the days generally has a conditioning finisher as well.

As I stated earlier not really looking to bulk so much but more lean down to about 14% and get some muscle back I lost being dormant. I feel my best and strongest around 14% just looking for the best way to organize macros.
Thanks

Ok...hey, I'm new here. :)

I'm 34
5'6"
29% bf, according to the hand held thingy at the nutrition clinic. I went there for advice and she couldn't help me at all.
So, with that...42lbs fat and 105lbs lbm
BMR 1,439. I would say that I am moderately active. So that puts me at 2,230 with the 1.55 multiplier.
My current goal is to reach 20% bf. I believe goal weight for that % is 131.25lbs. I'm not super dependent on the scale, I check progress through pics and the tape. I don't have a thyroid (radioactive iodine due to Graves Disease in 2009). I take 150mcg of levothyroxine (synthroid) daily. I will be getting labs drawn on Monday to check where all those levels are. I realize that things will be a bit slower for me because I am hypothyroid. I'm patient and ok with that but I really want to get my diet dialed in to support my body in any way I can.
I lift 4 days per week. I have a trainer. She just competed NPC bikini in Oklahoma.
M- Chest/Shoulders (30min of low intensity cardio after. Typically walking at an incline on treadmill)
T- 60min high intensity cardio (treadmill, insanity, running, HIIT, etc..I hate cardio so I try to mix it up)
W- Legs (30min low intensity cardio)
T- 60min high intensity
F- Back (30min low intensity)
S- Arms and Yoga
S- rest. Sometimes these are Active rest days. Play golf, Frisbee golf, hike etc..
Workouts are never the same. She's constantly switching it up.
Diet:
Today was a very typical day, with the exception of breakfast

Meal 1: 730a.
Lean ground turkey patty
2 egg whites
1c Spinach
1oz feta
Sund dried tomato sprinkles.
1 slice natures own honey wheat toast. 19%c/ 24%f/57%p
(This meal usually consists of 3/4c egg whites and 1/2c oatmeal)

Post workout: 1030a
100% egg protein shake
Pack of tuna and crackers
26c/24f/50p

Meal 3: 1pm
Turkey cutlet
1/2c brown rice
1c broccoli
45c/7f/48p

Meal 4: 3pm
Greek yogurt
10 raw almonds
1/4c blueberries
26c/48f/26p

Meal 5: 730pm
Turkey Cutlet
Large green salad with balsamic vin
Half sweet pot
45c/26f/29p

Total:
33%c
26%f
41%p
Goal = 30/30/40
Total Macros
Fat = 50 total. 47 goal. I was over by 3
Carbs= 143 total. 105 goal. I was over by 38
Protein= 177 total. 140 goal. I was over by 37
Writing it all out like this makes me see that I'm probably not doing as good as I thought. Ugh!
That does put me at 1,716 cals. 316 over my 1400 goal. However, I do lift heavy and work my ass off in the gym. So I'm not sure if this is a hindrance to my goals.
I try to stick with a carb curfew and eat the bigger deal carbs before 3pm.
I've been eating this way and working out since March. The mirror and pics show me a HUGE difference. I'm not sure how to post those but I will once I figure it out. Maybe a guess of my bf% since the hand held ones are garbage.

I think that's everything.

Thanks!!

go back and read post one.. if you dont follow directions i will skip you
Getting back after a minor surgery and looking to recomp the recomp that took place while I was not training.
Stats
Height 5'10
Weight 190
BF about 16-17%

As of now BMR 1940
TDEE 3346

Not sure what ratios of fat/carb/protein
Right now diet is something like this and I know I need to fine tune the macros. I train at 5 am so this is a training day schedule.

Pre work out
Banana 2tblsp almond butter

Post work
Whey shake with skim milk

Solid meal 1
4 eggs tbls olive oil
cup of oat meal
fruit usually a mix of berries

meal 2
chicken breast
avocado
quinoa or sweet potato
salad w spinach or kale and cucumber or another green

snack
almonds or peanut butter piece of fruit

meal 3
steak
vegetable tblsp olive oil

before bed
cup of cottage cheese

training
MWF
Full body split compound focus
Tues Hill sprints
Sat accessory work and some conditioning.
Depending on workout mwf one of the days generally has a conditioning finisher as well.

As I stated earlier not really looking to bulk so much but more lean down to about 14% and get some muscle back I lost being dormant. I feel my best and strongest around 14% just looking for the best way to organize macros.
Thanks

i believe you become a client correct?
Ok...hey, I'm new here. :)

I'm 34
5'6"
29% bf, according to the hand held thingy at the nutrition clinic. I went there for advice and she couldn't help me at all.
So, with that...42lbs fat and 105lbs lbm
BMR 1,439. I would say that I am moderately active. So that puts me at 2,230 with the 1.55 multiplier.
My current goal is to reach 20% bf. I believe goal weight for that % is 131.25lbs. I'm not super dependent on the scale, I check progress through pics and the tape. I don't have a thyroid (radioactive iodine due to Graves Disease in 2009). I take 150mcg of levothyroxine (synthroid) daily. I will be getting labs drawn on Monday to check where all those levels are. I realize that things will be a bit slower for me because I am hypothyroid. I'm patient and ok with that but I really want to get my diet dialed in to support my body in any way I can.
I lift 4 days per week. I have a trainer. She just competed NPC bikini in Oklahoma.
M- Chest/Shoulders (30min of low intensity cardio after. Typically walking at an incline on treadmill)
T- 60min high intensity cardio (treadmill, insanity, running, HIIT, etc..I hate cardio so I try to mix it up)
W- Legs (30min low intensity cardio)
T- 60min high intensity
F- Back (30min low intensity)
S- Arms and Yoga
S- rest. Sometimes these are Active rest days. Play golf, Frisbee golf, hike etc..
Workouts are never the same. She's constantly switching it up.
Diet:
Today was a very typical day, with the exception of breakfast

Meal 1: 730a.
Lean ground turkey patty
2 egg whites
1c Spinach
1oz feta
Sund dried tomato sprinkles.
1 slice natures own honey wheat toast. 19%c/ 24%f/57%p
(This meal usually consists of 3/4c egg whites and 1/2c oatmeal)

Post workout: 1030a
100% egg protein shake
Pack of tuna and crackers
26c/24f/50p

Meal 3: 1pm
Turkey cutlet
1/2c brown rice
1c broccoli
45c/7f/48p

Meal 4: 3pm
Greek yogurt
10 raw almonds
1/4c blueberries
26c/48f/26p

Meal 5: 730pm
Turkey Cutlet
Large green salad with balsamic vin
Half sweet pot
45c/26f/29p

Total:
33%c
26%f
41%p
Goal = 30/30/40
Total Macros
Fat = 50 total. 47 goal. I was over by 3
Carbs= 143 total. 105 goal. I was over by 38
Protein= 177 total. 140 goal. I was over by 37
Writing it all out like this makes me see that I'm probably not doing as good as I thought. Ugh!
That does put me at 1,716 cals. 316 over my 1400 goal. However, I do lift heavy and work my ass off in the gym. So I'm not sure if this is a hindrance to my goals.
I try to stick with a carb curfew and eat the bigger deal carbs before 3pm.
I've been eating this way and working out since March. The mirror and pics show me a HUGE difference. I'm not sure how to post those but I will once I figure it out. Maybe a guess of my bf% since the hand held ones are garbage.

I think that's everything.

Thanks!!

age 25
weight 220
height 6"2
bf 10-12%
goals.. be specific To get down to 6% bf and lean and ripped

Workout 6 days a week.

Critique my diet.

3 Days low carbs 140g 3 days 0 carbs 1 high carb 300g carbs

Low carb days

290g protein 140g carbs 43g fat

4:30 am fasted jump rope 1000 skips
5 am cup of egg whites 2 eggs 3 slices turkey bacon cup of oatmeal
8am 50g protein iso -100
11am 6 oz chicken breast or ground turkey 93% lean(brocoli or green beans)
2:30pm 6 oz chicken breast or ground turkey with veggies (brocoli or green beans)
gym 4pm
Post workout 50g hydrowhey with 50g karbolyn powder
8 pm protein pancakes 1 scoop protein powder whey and 4oz greek yogurt plain 1 tbsp pb and half cup egg whites
10pm sleep

Zero carb days 260 protein, 34g carbs, 40g fat

5 am cup of egg whites 2 eggs 3 slices turkey bacon
8am 50g protein iso -100
2:30pm 6 oz chicken breast or ground turkey with veggies (brocoli or green beans)
gym 4pm
Post workout 50g hydrowhey
8 pm protein pancakes 1 scoop protein powder whey and 4oz greek yogurt plain 1 tbsp pb and half cup egg whites
10pm sleep

High carb day 290 protein, 285 carbs, 35 fat

5 am cup of egg whites 2 eggs 3 slices turkey bacon and cup of oatmeal
8am 50g protein iso -100
gym 4pm
50g karbolyn pre workout
during workout 50g karbolyn
Post workout 50g hydrowhey with 100g karbolyn powder
10pm sleep

Workout:
M Chest
T Shoulders
Wed Back
Thurs Hams
Fri Light chest n abs
Sat arms
sun quads, hams

Cardio after workout 5 days a week 45 min incline treadmill walk 2.5 speed

Should fiber be counted into your overall carb intake? For example, if im consuming 200g carbs while cutting, and 20 of those carbs are fiber, my net carbs are 180. Should I consume an extra 20g carbs for the day to hit my goal? or keep it 200 including fiber?

so the diet itself doesn't look bad.. you need your last meal of the day to be dairy like greek yogurt or cottage cheese.. plain of course.. or beef... also.. doing a high intensity workout for cardio like skipping is not a good idea for fasted cardio.. you need to do low intensity work
age 25
weight 220
height 6"2
bf 10-12%
goals.. be specific To get down to 6% bf and lean and ripped

Workout 6 days a week.

Critique my diet.

3 Days low carbs 140g 3 days 0 carbs 1 high carb 300g carbs

Low carb days

290g protein 140g carbs 43g fat

5 am cup of egg whites 2 eggs 3 slices turkey bacon cup of oatmeal
8am 50g protein iso -100
gym 4pm
Post workout 50g hydrowhey with 50g karbolyn powder
10pm sleep

Zero carb days 260 protein, 34g carbs, 40g fat

5 am cup of egg whites 2 eggs 3 slices turkey bacon
8am 50g protein iso -100
gym 4pm
Post workout 50g hydrowhey
10pm sleep

High carb day 290 protein, 285 carbs, 35 fat

5 am cup of egg whites 2 eggs 3 slices turkey bacon and cup of oatmeal
8am 50g protein iso -100
gym 4pm
50g karbolyn pre workout
during workout 50g karbolyn
Post workout 50g hydrowhey with 100g karbolyn powder
10pm sleep

Workout:
M Chest
T Shoulders
Wed Back
Thurs Hams
Fri Light chest n abs
Sat arms
sun quads, hams

Cardio after workout 5 days a week 45 min incline treadmill walk 2.5 speed

5'6
Wght:245
Bf:16%
Bf goal: 10 or less
Bmr:2199.35
Tdee:3793.87
I work nights wake up goto gym
30 mins stairmaster everyday
Normally 2 hours lifting
Mon chest shoulders tri
Tuesday back bi
Wed chest shoulders tri
Thursday back bi
Fri full upper body
Legs on sun
Abs obliques everyday
Pwo 63 grams carbs from carb powder, 2 scoops elite XT extended release and a serving of creatine mono
6 jumbo eggs w shake
Everyday I eat the same thing
3 meals, 7 oz tilapia 1.5 cups of white rice split between the 3 meals
3 meals 6 oz chicken breast w 300 grams sweet potato split between the 3 meals eating every 2 hours
I add some a1 sauce for flavor
2tbsp of peanut butter w a quacker caramel corn rice cake to feed my sweet tooth
After eating all this at times I'm still starving
Any info is greatly appreciated
65 fats/250carbs/332 protein +/- 50
1 to 2 gals of water a day
Sat sund, eat whatever I want

Last edited:
ould lower the carbs by about 100 and up the fats.. what do you know about carb cycling?? and eating whatever you want sat and sun isn't going to get you sub 10%..
5'6
Wght:245
Bf:16%
Bf goal: 10 or less
Bmr:2199.35
Tdee:3793.87
I work nights wake up goto gym
30 mins stairmaster everyday
Normally 2 hours lifting
Mon chest shoulders tri
Tuesday back bi
Wed chest shoulders tri
Thursday back bi
Fri full upper body
Legs on sun
Abs obliques everyday
Pwo 63 grams carbs from carb powder, 2 scoops elite XT extended release and a serving of creatine mono
6 jumbo eggs w shake
Everyday I eat the same thing
3 meals, 7 oz tilapia 1.5 cups of white rice split between the 3 meals
3 meals 6 oz chicken breast w 300 grams sweet potato split between the 3 meals eating every 2 hours
I add some a1 sauce for flavor
2tbsp of peanut butter w a quacker caramel corn rice cake to feed my sweet tooth
After eating all this at times I'm still starving
Any info is greatly appreciated
65 fats/250carbs/332 protein +/- 50
1 to 2 gals of water a day
Sat sund, eat whatever I want

help

weight: 246.8
height: 6 foot
bf: 18% ?
goals.. BF=10%
BMR: 1997.
TDEE: 2832
Workout Schedule: Typically workout on this schedule: 3 day workout split into 4 days
Day 1: Chest, dumbbell incline/decline & flys /Shoulders lateral raises, seated presses, some abs
Day 2: bis, seated hammer curls, barbell curls, preacher curls / tris cable push downs, dip machine, incline dumbbell extensions. Rope push downs. Some abs
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Back, chin ups or pull downs close-grip, v bar rows, wide pull downs, strait arm pull downs, hyper ext/ shoulders rear delts & shrugs seated dumbbells , some abs
Day 5 same as day 1 so next week starts with 2 as day 1 and so one
Day 6-7
I typically do 15 minutes of cardio 4 times per week on stationary bike.

Meals: For the past couple weeks, my diet has been as follows: which is almost the same just move the meats around
I try to eat every 3 hours
Meal 1:mad: 5:00am 6 egg whites 2oz lean beef protein drink 1 scoop Dymatize Iso 100
Meal 2:mad: 8:00am 6oz baked chicken breast & 1 cup broccoli
Meal 3:mad: 11:00am 4oz can of tuna white in water
Meal 4:mad:2:00pm 6oz lean beef with 2 table spoon ketchup & 1/2cup brown rice 1 chopped jalapeno mixed in & cup of asparagus
Around 4:30pm GYM work out around 1hour & 15min Total.
Meal 5: protein shake 2 scoops Dymatize Iso 100, hole wheat bagel w/1Table spoon natural peanut butter
meal 6: fish or chicken with a salad or vegies
supllments
5am & 5pm
CLA, CoQ-10, HIT-multi vitamin, B vitamin, fish oil,
3:45pm before gym. 3 Quadra lean caps, 2arginine/ortnitine caps, 2 final cuts caps, 3 DNA-BCAA caps.

I started out at 285. Lbs now 246.8 Lbs
Thanks

Last edited:
so you are trying to cut?
goals.. BF=10%
Workout Schedule: Typically workout on this schedule: 3 day workout split into 4 days
Day 1: Chest, dumbbell incline/decline & flys /Shoulders lateral raises, seated presses, some abs
Day 2: bis, seated hammer curls, barbell curls, preacher curls / tris cable push downs, dip machine, incline dumbbell extensions. Rope push downs. Some abs
Day 4: Back, chin ups or pull downs close-grip, v bar rows, wide pull downs, strait arm pull downs, hyper ext/ shoulders rear delts & shrugs seated dumbbells , some abs
Day 6-7

Meals: For the past couple weeks, my diet has been as follows: which is almost the same just move the meats around
Meal 1:mad: 5:00am 6 egg whites 2oz lean beef protein drink 1 scoop Dymatize Iso 100
Meal 4:mad:2:00pm 6oz lean beef with 2 table spoon ketchup & 1/2cup brown rice 1 chopped jalapeno mixed in & cup of asparagus
Meal 5: protein shake 2 scoops Dymatize Iso 100, hole wheat bagel w/1Table spoon natural peanut butter
supllments
5am & 5pm
3:45pm before gym. 3 Quadra lean caps, 2arginine/ortnitine caps, 2 final cuts caps, 3 DNA-BCAA caps.

Thanks

Just trying to loose some body fat
Im diabetic & Endomorphic so I try to stay away from the carbs and my age is not helping at all.
I restarted working out 3 years ago after I healed from motorcycle mishap laying around and eating got up to 285 been working out 3 years strait now this has been my diet for the past year now View attachment 558497

Last edited:
goals.. BF=10%
Day 6-7

switch this to a white bagel.. i know your diabetic but its post workout. benefits outweigh the risks... move the peanut butter to meal 6
so you want a slow acting protein here... i see you have beef in meal 1.. remove the beef there.. place it here do about 5oz with a salad or veggies
supllments
5am & 5pm

Thanks

any idea what your caloric total is?

Back