Gear vs Anti-Depressants

Bullseye thank you for taking a moment to respond. It will take me some time to digest the magnitude of what you wrote and I'm sure I'll have more questions but I wanted to thank you for sharing.

no problem man,and Im glad you posted your question,ive learned to try to explain what happens to people that havet to take these type meds and stuff,and I hope my post isnt a bunch of rubble,so you cant understand what i meant

I was taking 6 of the blue football xanx everyday for 5 years and stop cold turkey with about 7 others mess and never had a seizure and I don't recommend that at all. But it runs on my dads side or the family and some people need a little bit of help and there's shouldn't be any shame in that at all.

...and some people need a little bit of help and there's shouldn't be any shame in that at all.

Trust me. I am not judging anyone in regard to their individual usage of these types of drugs.

As I stated, I know nothing about this type of condition or the drugs used to medicate it but I am very curious to learn because I do understand that the human mind is infinitely complex and as such it is a mystery to me.

That's cool cashout not to judge. When some someone is going though mental trouble it take a toll on ur mind for course but ur body just as much weight loss or weight gain loss of mass. Just a lot of bad things. And that being said the gym can save peoples mind from depression I believe.

I lost my career, wife an eye and an knee to a fleeing felon after 12 yr s of service. 3 college degrees and I get 1800 a month plus healthcare a lame ass certificate and .....depression, anxiety, was strung out on opiates and benzo s...

Life is a series of comeback s complicated by age...

I lost my career, wife an eye and an knee to a fleeing felon after 12 yr s of service. 3 college degrees and I get 1800 a month plus healthcare a lame ass certificate and .....depression, anxiety, was strung out on opiates and benzo s...

Life is a series of comeback s complicated by age...

What is the order of events? I think what I am reading is that you were a law officer injured in the line of duty. Was the eye and knee the result of that initial event? Was the wife a result of that same event or was that after the initial event?

What were the opiates for?

Divorced

Went to Miami..

Disabled due to---

Left knee shot out and right eye gouged out
felon shot dead.

3 years prior run over by car..back surgery.

5 yr s prior right forearm slashed to the bone, middle finger left hand almost bit off...

2 concussions

Yeah I got issues.

i try and stay away from antidepressants. usually in the long run make it worse for me. you dont get something for nothing much like with steroids..

i try and stay away from antidepressants. usually in the long run make it worse for me. you dont get something for nothing much like with steroids..

I've been on SSRI's on and off since I was 12yrs old. I find that I have a chemical imbalance and I really do need them. I've tried coming off a few times and ended up very bad. A combination of test and anti-d's helps me tremendously. Like you guys have said though, these things all come with a price. There are side effects with everything. I guess you just gotta weigh the pro's and con's and make your decision. I find that these things help me way more than they hurt me.

Hi all, long time lurker here. I joined specifically so I could add my perspective on this thread, even though it is a bit old.
I suffer from PTSD and Depression stemming largely from truama relating to some of my military service overseas. I am on 225mg Effexor, 30mg Avanzer and 50mg Serequel each day. I attend a psychiatrist once every week or so and seeing a clinical psychologist twice weekly. If anyone has ever had the displeasure of doing exposure therapy can relate. Very exhausting and confronting. Lets just say that for each of the experiences that i remember there are several that i had forgotten about.
While trying to seek answers to the causes of my depression, anxiety, energy and motivation i discovered that I also have low Testosterone. I checked to make sure that the medication I am does not effect my T production, even though like most anti-depressants it does cause sexual dysfunction in some. My total T is on the lower end (just) of the 'accepted' range and my free T is less than half the lower range. I am seeing an endocrinologist for potential testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) so hopefully it will alleviate some of the depressive mood related things I have going on. I figure that if I can help a bit in one area it may have greater effects on other areas of my treatment.
I havent done a serious cycle on the gear before so i cannot comment on the effects of medication vs gear. What I can say though is that if there are chemical imbalances in your body it should be looked at from an overall perspective and not just in isolation.
Whatever the cause of depression and anxiety actually is it doesnt really matter as long as the treatment is appropriate. By that I mean a mixture of medication and therapy and whatever else is required to either get over it or learn to cope better with it.
Just my 2 cents on the topic.

Hey guys joinig the run here.

My issues stem way back. Diagnised with ADHD at age 11 used to take ritalin as a kid. Got off it because of the awfull lows it gave me. Joined the military and had a great military carreer worked under Special Operations flag and retired. Not to long after that got diagnosed with PTSD. Had trouble holding dpwn jobs and was an emotional basket case. After the diagnosos I was put on Zelexa, Quetapine for the combat endued PTSD and adderall for my ADHD.

Add to all of this low testosterone production and whalla you have a great combination for the wife leaving you, loosing your home and everything you held dear. I like many of you have been to the bottom of the fishbowl looking up and wondering if I could get up. The hardewt things I found out early on was talking to people who knew notjing about what I had experienced so I took it upon myself to do a Masters inCounseling. It has helped me see and figure out a lot of the issues and where they stem from.

Am not out of the woods yet, not by any means. I still have low days and high days but the middle of the road days are getting more and more consistent. Its a daily battle but I lnow that for us here we are battleing every day to make it better.

watching t.v and reading and keeping my mind off things helps me when im depressed or have anxiety the most

Last edited:
Back