getting bored w/ my routine

t3project

powerlifter
and i need to change it. been doing 3x5 on heavy squat, deads and bench and mostly 3x10 on everything else. i think its time for a change but i cant figure out what i want to do. i need suggestions.

any help?

DC is pretty hard to follow unless Dante is doing the training. I did it for awhile but I always felt like I wasn't doing the program in its entirety. I too started the 5x5 then went to 3x5. Try Pb's routine. its a simple three day powerlifting split. I thought it was too simple, but i got alot stronger off it. Or, check out my journal. I have the 5x5, DC, Pb's routine and a Power/Reps/Shock routine. You should find what your looking for there.

I've been doing the :

(6-4)warmup. Followed by 6-1-6-1-6-12

Takes alot of time,but its really good for a few weeks at a time.

this is when you talk to people about their workout routines....

i mean, if you are gaining from your boring routine, keep at it...but of course...like most routines...you are bound to be bored. i'd say take a time off for a while. you're probably mentally exhausted from training...

evansss said:
DC is pretty hard to follow unless Dante is doing the training.

hard to follow? the cookie cutter beginner version is laid out all over the internet.

diet: eat lots of protein, no carbs after 6pm (im not promoting this aspect), dont mix fat and carbs in the same meal (definitely not promoting this either).

training: chest/shoulders/tris/back, and bis/calves/hams/quads trained in that order, in an alternating MWF fashion, using 1 RP set per (most) bodyparts, followed by extreme stretches.

Dante eliminated any and all guesswork for all the OCD overnalyzers that never made any progress. It doesnt get much easier to follow.

Last edited:
Find an activity or sport to get into. I crossed over into MMA. Between Jui Jitsu and Muay Thai/Kick Boxing you get a phenominal full body cardio style work out.. especially when your sparing partner is 60 pounds heavier then you. That will make ya sore :) Then I lift on the days off from MMA. It really beats being in the gym every day... and the days I am there, I see it as bettering my MMA so it doesn't feel like it's for nothing. Ya know? Just a thought.

Back