Guns won't grow!!! HELP!!!

RJ

On Vacation
Ok guys and gals, I need some help, and a change apparently.

My arms are not that bad, but the more I juice the more the rest of me starts to dwarf my arms, specifically my biceps. The thickness is good, and the triceps are growing fine, but my biceps, especially the peak does not seem to want to grow at the same rate.

I would say they measure proly about 18", but not sure. Will measure tonight and see.Here's my workout, see if you have any suggestions.

warmup - couple sets on preacher machine
couple sets on tricep machine
barbell curls - 4x8
skullcrushers - 4x8 ss w/ standing ez bar curls

incline dumbell curls - 3x8 ss w/ close grip bench

seated dips - 3x8 ss w/ rope cable curls

I don't think I am overtraining and I have tried different exercises. But I need to get my arms in check. I will try and post some pics once we are able to. Thank sto all.

barbell curls with low reps seems to put size on for me.

try using a decline bench when you do skullcrushers

Here is why you need to squat heavy for arm growth--your body has a tendency to aim towards proportion by working your legs your arms will grow because your body will compensate. Also heavy squats will create growth overall by raising natural testosterone levels, improving your cardiovascular fitness and increasing your overall strength.

blah, blah, blah, doing squats to get big arms is retarded.

Stick to compound lifts and make sure you change up your routine a minimum of every 3 weeks. I change mine up somewhat each week.

Try doing some cable curls, and close grip bench presses. Also weighted dips and reverse curls. Just make sure you mix it up and go to failure with atleast one excercise per session.

MP5 said:
blah, blah, blah, doing squats to get big arms is retarded.

Stick to compound lifts and make sure you change up your routine a minimum of every 3 weeks. I change mine up somewhat each week.

Try doing some cable curls, and close grip bench presses. Also weighted dips and reverse curls. Just make sure you mix it up and go to failure with atleast one excercise per session.

uh..... squats is the second biggest compound movement clint, behind deads. I dont even do direct arm work and have 19" guns relaxed. Doing squats will make your whole body grow, that includes arms. Its obvious that you have no understanding of human physiology. Why would you post a blantant lie? Dont make no sense.

husky would you educate the gentleman of his ignorance? or should I?

ok clint... if you dont agree with something, do it in a mature way, just blatantly ridiculing what some of the more respected veterans of this board makes u look like an idiot (seriously)... on another note... i have completly stopped doing any bicep exercies... i squat now, and deadlift... and guess what!! i have bigger arms and traps than i have ever had before... deadlift, best exercise in the book IMO :)

he cant pull deads and squat because he has an injury. but he wants someone else to do compound movements, and dont even know what they are.

what up woot man oh great and toofless one?

PM with how you training is going. you keep progressing and you be training me fo long.

lol notta whole lot really... ive been busy lately :( but i PMed u with the latest going-ons in my training... i would really like to be at your level with the weights :) but i doubt ill be training you ;) your the training guru not me :D

only thing i am a guru at is pleasing my wife. love to hear her scream and holler.

on a serious note it does my heart good to see you guys appling some of my prinipals and jump starting a new growth from a dry ass routine. I want to thank each and every one of you guys for trying something different and showig the naysayers that it works.

props to yall

pullinbig said:
only thing i am a guru at is pleasing my wife. love to hear her scream and holler.

on a serious note it does my heart good to see you guys appling some of my prinipals and jump starting a new growth from a dry ass routine. I want to thank each and every one of you guys for trying something different and showig the naysayers that it works.

props to yall
of course shes screaming and hollering , shes got a 275 pound oaf on top of her and shes being crushed ;)
seriously pullingbig everybody who sticks their nose into the training forum owes you a thanks for all the work you do here . props to a guy willing to help and who has the knowledge to do so ,
ps the sensitivity training has really payed off:D

DADAWG said:
of course shes screaming and hollering , shes got a 275 pound oaf on top of her and shes being crushed ;)
seriously pullingbig everybody who sticks their nose into the training forum owes you a thanks for all the work you do here . props to a guy willing to help and who has the knowledge to do so ,
ps the sensitivity training has really payed off:D

i think i need a hug. and thats 303lbs as of this AM.

she likes being crushed, spanked, wheel barreled, and all the other fun positions. :69:

Dont forget about doing weighted chins as well, thats about as direct as my bi work gets and my arms are not suffering one bit.

Darko said:
Dont forget about doing weighted chins as well, thats about as direct as my bi work gets and my arms are not suffering one bit.

I did those for the first time today....strapped a 25lber on me...I loved them! :D

Thanks everyone. I have started doing more deads and am noticing some great thickness in my upper back as well. I tried a new bi routine yesterday and I had the best workout I've had in a year. I'll keep everyone updated with new pics soon. Thanks again.

Back