had an ecg done today for my heart today....

needsize

Community Veteran
and absolutely no abnormalities!! My doc knows the cycles I run, so he wanted to send me in just to make sure I havent had any negative effects on my heart, which I am happy to say I have absolutely none!
Many of you guys know the doses I run and how long I stay on, so this along with the fact that my blood tests always come back in the normal range, are just another indication that the media has definitely blown the side effects thing way out of proportion

Glad all came back OK for you.............wish I was in the same boat.

IMO, one of the main causes of heart problems associated with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) usage is from high blood pressure, and if you can keep that under control, you very much improve your chances of not suffering any heart damage. Too bad I learned that lesson a little too late in life.

needsize said:
thanks
SC, what kind of preventative measure are you referring to?

Basically just monitoring your BP and taking corrective actions if it gets too high, those could be anything from OTC supps, use of an Aromatase Inhibitor, actual BP meds, or even cutting back on one's dosages.

They key is monitoring it in the first place, because probably 99% of the time, there will not be any symptoms associated with hypertension.

Last edited:
StoneColdNTO said:
Basically just monitoring your BP and taking corrective actions if it gets too high, those could be anything from OTC supps, use of an Aromatase Inhibitor, actual BP meds, or even cutting back on one's dosages.

They key is monitoring it in the first place, because probably 99% of the time, there will not be any symptoms associated with hypertension.

cool
normally my bp isnt too bad, last time I had it checked I was on around 3 grams of stuff, including 150mg of anadrol a day, and it was 140/90, which is a little high, but not really considering all that stuff.

Thats a little high but I've seen higher for sure in others and thats using far less. I think my highest was 152/88 or something around there.

I run anti aromatase stuff but haven't gotten fancy, Pullinbig has a nice thread on BP that I can paste later if nobody beats me to it.

since I'm running 600mg deca as part of my cycle, a normal anti-aromitase wouldnt do anything, and I really want the water retention from the deca anyway to keep my heart healthy

needsize said:
and I really want the water retention from the deca anyway to keep my heart healthy

?????

i was always under the impression water retention was unhealthy for your heart since it is one of the fators that causes the high blood pressure.

Back