HCG preparation

Brendon

Just did my first shot of HCG ever. The process of opening one amp drawing water out and squirting it into the other amp was a bit daunting. It seemed sort of unsanitary seeing as the solutions were being exposed to air. Had a few questions. . .

Breaking those amps open is a bitch. The bac water amp broke off fine but the HCG amp crumbled in my hand when I tried to break it off. Any tricks to opening these without an amp opener? (I'm going to get one asap)

Do amp openers come in different size? I got some primo amps and was so surprised at how small they were! Will a normal amp opener from getpinz work for these?

What's the best way to draw out of amps? I stupidly used a 25 guage to draw. Now I know to use something a bit bigger. Do you guys just tilt the amp and press to needle against the bottom?

Thanks guys

use a knife or small file and go around the neck of the amp a few times then get a pen cap and just snap it off. I'd still get an amp opener. why do you need anything bigger then a 25G. ? you could use a 28G and it still should draw up no problem...but if you press the pin against the bottom of the amp, I would make sure to change pins before you inject.

i use an amp opener but after this cycle i think i'm done with amps unless i get a good deal on them it's a pain in the ass to open them somtimes even with the opener they still seem to break and it seems like small glass particals could get in my gear and the shots hurt enough they dont need any glass

Use your hands. Thumb on neck of amp, snap the head off. Put a tissue on your thumb is your are worried about a bit of glass going into your thumb, but that has never happened with me.

I just put a sock around the top of the amp and snap it off, or as gator_mclusky said put them against the corner and smash it carefully with something to break the end off. Either of them work for me. Also it helps if the amps are pre cut (with the line going around the neck). Some companys do that and some dont.

Back