Heavy Weight vs. High Rep

I

Ian512

Hey guy's wanted to get some opinions here. I've; on several occasions read that lifting heavy makes you bigger, stronger, and puts your body into a "get bigger" state. I've also read in some of arnold's books that high reps and low weight force more blood and nutrient enriched blood through muscles causing hypertrophy (muscle growth). Wanted to get some opinions on what ya'll think!

:hitit:

I think a combination of both is your best bet but...For getting bigger you need to push more weight for 6-10 reps....And your body will grow....youll become thicker....but with more reps your muscles will become more defined...thats all i got but i know i got some more helpfull info but im tiered

i was in prison for 6 years and had not 1 days access to gym equipment... and i have to say anything heavy is bolted down.. so all i had to use was my matress which weighs about 60 pounds(roled up ofcourse)... curl that 100 times a day was my goal and i blew up after 3 months... not very heavy as i could have used more weight but i was very satisfied... i even went through 3 matresses my entire stay.. thats how well the exercise worked.. i would bench press and squat all day long and i work my quads and hamstrings to the bone... so i have to say it could go either way

only reason i turned to the darkside is becuz wheni started hittin the gym on the outside i lost alot of weight.. dissapointed me id say!!! little tren here a few anadrols there.. lots of test tho hahaha

i was in prison for 6 years and had not 1 days access to gym equipment... and i have to say anything heavy is bolted down.. so all i had to use was my matress which weighs about 60 pounds(roled up ofcourse)... curl that 100 times a day was my goal and i blew up after 3 months... not very heavy as i could have used more weight but i was very satisfied... i even went through 3 matresses my entire stay.. thats how well the exercise worked.. i would bench press and squat all day long and i work my quads and hamstrings to the bone... so i have to say it could go either way

What a bs story. You got huge from curling the same weight, and also every single day? Yea that's a great way to get big, do curls all day everyday. And what kind of mattress weighs 60 pounds? And how the hell do you roll up a mattress and curl it, even if it was compressed to the point where it wouldn't just unroll itself and bounce out, it takes at least 2 hands and a torso to hold it up, it's not possible to hold something that big in one hand, and then lift it up and down.
Benching and squatting all day long is as productive as taking a 24 hour shit.
Was it really necessary to make up a story this bogus?

Succesful training relaly relies on both heavy weights and high reps. Mind-muscle connection is very important.

Succesful training relaly relies on both heavy weights and high reps. Mind-muscle connection is very important.

Thanks i always thought or was told high reps would cut you, But heavy weight makes you stronger amd builds the muscle tissue better stonger

Once again Steroidology has shown me the error of my ways lol

Back