Help me Put together, Low Salt, High Spicey Beef Jerky Marinate

Nitszo

Anabolic Wannabe
Alright, trying to make a marinate for beef jerky.. i want it to be so hot with low salt
so hot, that you need to drink water every bite (this will allow me to get my 4L of water in everyday!! )

- Chill Powder
- Red chillies Cut with Seeds + jalapenos
- Chilli Flakes
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Low Salt Low Sugar BBQ Sauce (Base)

Tobasco doesn't work for me.. or anything with high salt
What about Wasabi? but it tastes a bit weird?????

Last edited:
Nitszo, I'm a MASSIVE jerky fan. I eat it constantly while dieting but because I take a low-carb approach, I'm not too concerned with my sodium intake as such. I make my own and usually put a batch on weekly. My marinade is as follows:

Soy
Worcestershire
Cracked black pepper
Chilli flakes
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Liquid smoke
Honey

I imagine you could find a low-sodium soy sauce product out there? I'm sure I've seen it on the shelf before. Definitely go Cayenne pepper. At the right amount, combined with the dehydrating, it will be HOT! Add the flakes for decoration!

How are you guys making your jerky? are you using a dehydrator? I'm wanting to make my own too!

sriracha red chili sauce , you get it in the asian food section of grocery stores. it has a rooster on it. Try that as the base, it has sodium 100mg/tsp, thats a little more than worchestire and a little less than bbq

Lol I was gonna say Sriracha (cock sauce lol, little rooster on it), and habaneros, but you guys beat me to it.

I absolutely love jerky, I'm gonna have to try this. What kind of meat will work, any I am assuming? Even like cheap $3-4 a LB chuck roast? Also how thin do you have to fillet the meat before you do the oven method? And how long?

Lol I was gonna say Sriracha (cock sauce lol, little rooster on it), and habaneros, but you guys beat me to it.

I absolutely love jerky, I'm gonna have to try this. What kind of meat will work, any I am assuming? Even like cheap $3-4 a LB chuck roast? Also how thin do you have to fillet the meat before you do the oven method? And how long?

KB, as a hardcore fan, I went and bought a 9-tray Excalibur Dehydrator. By yourself pre-cut schnitzel meat (non-breaded of course!) and marinade it overnight. Lay it out on the trays and use the lower of the high-end setting (If that makes sense) 3 and a bit hours would do it. It's the bomb. Play around with marinades. As I'm dieting, I've scrapped the honey and soy and now I use low sodium soy and stevia drops. Not as soft but fucking brilliant! Don't use chuck roast. I have and it's shit. Topside works best. You can separate the wet and dry ingredients if you like and rub the meat after it's been soaking overnight in the marinade.

Back