Help with forearm pain hoping to find a method to help heal my forearm?

bro, I could write a book on this subject. I am at the tale end of dealing with the injury you speak of on my left elbow and forearm. last year at this time it was my right elbow and forearm.
first off, anti inflammatories are a necessity. I am a Highland games strength athlete, and I train heavy year round. ice may seem like it's not helping but it will over the long haul. depending how bad you have this, it's known as tennis elbow on the outside bone of the elbow, and golf elbow on the inside part.
there are straps you wear around your forearm that are about an inch wide that will work if you keep them on. if you caught the flare up early enough. elbow straps allowed me to train through the injury.
my doctor gave me Celebrex and it did help immensely, but I had to avoid certain exercises such as upright rows, cleans, that type of motion. believe me, I've had the issue several times, to the point where I couldn't grip and lift a glass of water.
I am 45 years old and have been training for almost thirty years now, so I've been through this frequently.
As much as I dislike cortisone shots for shoulder injuries, it is an anti inflammatory and one shot pretty much cleared up my elbow and forearm this time, allowing me to stop the Celebrex.
I'm not sure about you, but resting the arm did not help at all, it seemed to worsen it. light movement to get blood in the area was far more effective.

Having blabbered on now, I would encourage you to try that forearm strap from your local pharmacy, depending on arm size you may need the knee strap, as I did. :)

one more thing, if you use heavy dumbells on say incline presses, don't let them snap back down to your thighs at the end of your set, drop the fckers. that's what flared my elbow and forearm up this time.
hope this helps you and anyone else who needs it. good luck.

I did go to the doctor and I am taking ETODOLAC 400MG TABS every eight hours and I am using a TENS machine that I purchased at a fitness show. Also using a Lacrosse Ball or a foam roller, it's on the outside of my elbow which is Tendonitis like you said. But I am icing it too right after I use the TENS machine. And at night I rap it tight for compression and so that it immobilizes my arm from moving when I am asleep. I'll do this for a week, focus on other muscle groups and then I'll try so light PT with the tens with Icing. Good tip on the dumbells, as I usually pop them back on my Quads. Next time I'll just drop them.
Also the strap your talking about I also have it, just need to go find it in my storage room. I have a couple of them from the past from playing ball. Thanks everyone who chimed in!

I can't say that it was rolled. Before I went to see the chiro I would always use inzer elbow sleeves due to the pain being so severe in the area between the bicep and forearm.

When I went to see the chiro he started sticking his finger deep into the areas around my elbow to see where it would cause the most pain. Once he found the area he started using a lot of pressure like doing a deep tissue massage. At first the area felt really tight and I could feel his thumb moving up and down on the muscle with friction. Once he started going deep into the muscle with his thumb I couldn't feel the friction anymore, there was a little relief and I could bend my arms easier without the pain.

After every visit and I had to work arms the following day or so the pain was less and less. Now I don't use the inzer elbow sleeves anymore at all, currently I feel a little tinge in my left elbow so I need to see him again to have him work that area. I need to call him today and see if I can get in sometime this week.

I am telling you it made the world of difference for me. I have posted in threads here about elbow pain and tennis elbow when I was having issues. I am really glad those issues are gone and I don't need to use the sleeves anymore. Personally I will be seeing this chiro for as long as I am working out.

Its weird that you are having issues Harnold. Most of the folks I know with strong arms and huge forearms do not seem to have those issues because the muscle responds and grows so fast unlike mine.

yeah it is kind of strange riproar, but having said before I train very heavy all year round, and am always increasing the weight amounts, so it may just be a case of overwork, strong area or not. I'm not really sure. I too used to use that sleeves when training..they can be a god send. thanks for the info.

This is what I used to support the forearms: BandIt XM Magnetic Tennis Elbow it supports both the inside and outside of the forearm.

Amazon.com : Pro Band Sports BandIT XM Arm Band, Black : Tennis Elbow Brace : Sports & Outdoors

Thank you, Riproar! I'll look into it.

I had bad forearm pain before. Went to the doctor and thy said it was arthritis and the only thing that would help is rest. I ended up stoping all the heavy bicep lifting for almost three months. I'm perfect now.

Back