Hit me with your best advice. What caused the biggest change for you?

LateStart

As the title states.....when did you see your best gains in mass and what did you do to see it? Was it a particular steroid (dianabol, tren), was it a particular workout, was it diet? I understand these all play a roll, but I've talked to a lot of people lately and they inspired this question. I've heard answers all over the board. Most say diet.
For those of you who say diet.....did a particular compound compliment that?
We all get to a point where we aren't seeing the gains we feel we should, that's why we are here. Just please share which key component gave you the most notable improvement.

I understand if ya just ignore this thread. Just curious cuz I've heard so many opinions lately at the gym, work, and amongst friends.
Thanks for reading.

80 percent diet sir... thats what it is.. then workout.. then supplementation..
and it also matters to how new you are to it.. if you go from some guy who never hit the gym and is 18% bodyfat to perfect diet, perfect workout, and even a basic beginners cycle.. odds are youll see the most change there..

Don't think I would be a Typical Example.
I was already seriously lifting for around 8 years before my 1st Cycle.
And I was a Competitive Powerlifter in the AAU, in the 198 Lb Class, probably around 10% to 12% Body Fat.
The Idea was to move up into the 220 Lb Class.

So after a 12 Week Cycle, I put on 25 Lbs, of which around roughly 20 Lbs was Muscle.
Body Fat was at 12% after a simple Test Cypionate Only Cycle @ 500 Mg a week, with Proviron.

But I also had a Coach at the time, and my Cycle was under the Administration of my Doctor.
This was back in 78'.
So there were No AI's or SERMS, we used Proviron........................... JP

For me it was after my first show when I hired Hany Rambod to do my off-season. His FST-7 program hands down gave me the best gains I've ever had. Diet wise, 40/40/20 macros is king of gains for myself.

Great advice and great points both of you. Thank you so much.
Couldn't agree more on the diet. I can't get my diet right. Whenever I get it laid out I just can't execute like I should. Pathetic. A work in progress.
Jp.....sounds like a bad ass first cycle. Congratulations bro. Thanks for sharing

For me it was after my first show when I hired Hany Rambod to do my off-season. His FST-7 program hands down gave me the best gains I've ever had. Diet wise, 40/40/20 macros is king of gains for myself.

Yes sir. Thank you for being specific. Damn diet is the hardest part so I guess it makes sense it would give the best results. Lol
Thanks again....great info

Eating fatty food. I've always been pretty defined regardless of diet, training and lifestyle. A decade ago I out on about 10 lbs over a 16 week EQ only/no PCT cycle adding fatty foods like bacon, 70% hamburger and other high fat crap food.

A couple years ago I was lifting good after stopping a seizure med that screwed me up and the high fat diet had me looking full and I shot back up to about 160lbs quickly.

About 7 months ago I went onto TRT and peanutbutter sandwiches and butter in my oatmeal did more than the same calories in just carbs.

My only guess is my body likes fat. Over half my non protien calories are fat when I'm lifting the best, have the best full muscles and even have the most energy. I'm sitting at 170lbs this morning and that's having an off diet and being under calories.

Still diet. If someone is a "hard gainer" they need PB sandwhiches!

Last edited:
Eating fatty food. I've always been pretty defined regardless of diet, training and lifestyle. A decade ago I out on about 10 lbs over a 16 week EQ only/no PCT cycle adding fatty foods like bacon, 70% hamburger and other high fat crap food.

A couple years ago I was lifting good after stopping a seizure med that screwed me up and the high fat diet had me looking full and I shot back up to about 160lbs quickly.

About 7 months ago I went onto TRT and peanutbutter sandwiches and butter in my oatmeal did more than the same calories in just carbs.

My only guess is my body likes fat. Over half my non protien calories are fat when I'm lifting the best, have the best full muscles and even have the most energy. I'm sitting at 170lbs this morning and that's having an off diet and being under calories.

Still diet. If someone is a "hard gainer" they need PB sandwhiches!

Love it!!! I've read where you've posted about diet before and happy that you have a handle on what your body specifically wants. Keep passing that info on.......every time you see a hard gainer post up on here. People need to hear tips and tricks that work for people like them, so good work and great sharing bro.
Both fortunately for me at times....and unfortunately for me as I age, I have always gained weight really easy. If I eat crap I gain fat and if I eat lean and healthy I gain muscle. Often my muscle gains come with fat. When my wife was pregnant she ate ice cream at bedtime every night and I joined in pretty often. I hit the gym around 3a.m. every day. After a couple weeks of eating icecream every night I went from benching 315 for 3 or 4 reps..........up to 8 or 9 reps. Huge strength gains and the muscle follows that. But so does the fat. Can't seem to duplicate those results with healthy food. Lol. I know I'm just not eating enough and thus far I've been too weak willed to fix it. I have some work to do on this next cycle. :)
Thanks again for sharing....both in this thread and in others I've seen your advice in.

Diet is key, the most important thing is consistency when it comes to the total package of diet, training and gear. If you're only eating good most of the time. Training half ass then you won't ever achieve your goals. State of mind plays a big role also, if your head isn't in it then your workouts won't be near as good as if you're focused and enjoying it.

diet... 100% truth. even when i stack gear when i am "blasting" i never use over a gram TOTAL.

i ran 700mgs of tren when i was 19 because i thought it was just the magic potion (which it kind of is) but i still looked like shit now when i look back at the pics.

the BEST i've ever looked was 350mg test prop, 350mg masteron prop, and 3iu pharma grade GH.

BUT..i would have still looked shit on that cycle if i did not diet my ass off beforehand and made sure to stay on top of my diet as much as i can once i reached that desired look i had.

diet... 100% truth. even when i stack gear when i am "blasting" i never use over a gram TOTAL.

i ran 700mgs of tren when i was 19 because i thought it was just the magic potion (which it kind of is) but i still looked like shit now when i look back at the pics.

the BEST i've ever looked was 350mg test prop, 350mg masteron prop, and 3iu pharma grade GH.

BUT..i would have still looked shit on that cycle if i did not diet my ass off beforehand and made sure to stay on top of my diet as much as i can once i reached that desired look i had.

Thank you for the info bro. Great detail

Having a big plate of protein and carbs, (steak and cheese with fries for example, Chinese foods too) in the microwave ready for a 2am wakeup and chow when bulking. worked like a charm and always gained solid mass and a love for midnight snacks.

Diet is key, the most important thing is consistency when it comes to the total package of diet, training and gear. If you're only eating good most of the time. Training half ass then you won't ever achieve your goals. State of mind plays a big role also, if your head isn't in it then your workouts won't be near as good as if you're focused and enjoying it.

I just posted about this in another thread. My wife said "you're losing weight again" . . . But I'm not! I have not been working out and I have been eating shitty foods and under eating but the scale is the same. I am physicaly smaller. I can feel it in my jeans and how my clothes fit.

What caused the biggest gains in your past cycles?

Food. I haven't added other compounds yet. Have some dbol to add to the mix whenever I'm ready. So far.....test only cycles. I find that with cycling I can get the strength from clean eating, that I used to get from eating dirty. Still experimenting and looking for the best combo for me. And diet is the hardest/most important part.

Back