Hockey fights...

Milan Lucic is a decent power forward in the NHL.

Colton Orr is strictly an enforcer.

Lucic will play many season in the NHL, Orr will how a short career.

Milan Lucic is a decent power forward in the NHL.

Colton Orr is strictly an enforcer.

Lucic will play many season in the NHL, Orr will how a short career.

You're right about that. You gotta wonder what the role of the enforcer has in the future. A lot fewer fights now than there were even 10 years ago, and w/ the fines and shit, I bet a strict enforcer, like Orr, Eric Godard, Carkner, George Laraque (he's older, losing his 'hockey skills), and others won't be around much longer.

Carkner is actually a decent defensemen. Spent his time in the minor leagues and worked his way into the big show. There is no way a team would have an enforcer on the blue line. Too risky of a position.

Laraque, Brashear, Goddard, Parros, Orr, Boll, Koci, McGratton, etc.... All pure fighters and offer very little to the score sheet.

Carkner is actually a decent defensemen. Spent his time in the minor leagues and worked his way into the big show. There is no way a team would have an enforcer on the blue line. Too risky of a position.

Laraque, Brashear, Goddard, Parros, Orr, Boll, Koci, McGratton, etc.... All pure fighters and offer very little to the score sheet.

i think laraque was the best for points out of that group, but i'd rather have a guy like iginla or lucic on my bench, a player that can rally the troops with his fists but also on the score sheet...

Back