How do I build BIG Chest?

I had the same problem with chest growth for a long time until just recently actually. IMO doing inclines, flat and decline barbell presses in one day is silly. I was doing that for yrs getting no-where. I get stronger every week now and all I do is focus hard as shit on Flat bench BB press. I do like 2 real light warm-ups then a 3rd set heavier for eight reps then another heavier for eight then two core sets going for 5 reps last set one-two forced reps. Then I do a little assisted work like dips and flyes. Think about it if your going balls to the wall with your first major compound exercise which you should than you shouldn't have it in you to be doing 3 major compunds. Stick with flat and do more sets. At least this is just is working awesome for me.

JMHFL7 said:
33 yo. 5'10 @ 177 using EQ at the moment.

I have an athletic look and all my muscle groups in general are growing.
My arms grow at a more rapid pace than the rest of my body, but my chest, which is what gives you that "manly" look, grows the least! (Oh, and one pec is bigger than the other!). I have read articles on building a better chest, ect.. and applied it.. still, nothing!

Flat 4sets x 6-10 reps
Decline 3sets x 6-10 reps
Butterfly 3 sets x 8-10 reps
Triceps - 2 exercises

Do 5 sets of incline with reps 1st do 20,
2nd do 15,
3rd do 10,
4th do 5,
5th do 2-3 then go to the weight from set 2(15reps) dill you can't

4 sets of flat DUMBELL-----you get 2-3 inches more stretch as you can lower the dumbells more than the bar.

Flies 3-5 sets any way, 3 cable & 2 with dumbells I usually do.
The key is to drive as much blood into the area as possible!

2-3

JMHFL7 said:

I have an athletic look and all my muscle groups in general are growing.
My arms grow at a more rapid pace than the rest of my body, but my chest, which is what gives you that "manly" look, grows the least! (Oh, and one pec is bigger than the other!). I have read articles on building a better chest, ect.. and applied it.. still, nothing!

Flat 4sets x 6-10 reps
Triceps - 2 exercises

--Try this--------- I do
Do 5 sets of incline with reps 1st do 20, (135)
2nd do 15, (185)
3rd do 10, (210)
4th do 5, (235)
5th do 2-3 (255)
then go to the weight from set 2(15reps-me 185my set#2) untill you can't

4 sets of flat DUMBELL-----you get 2-3 inches more stretch as you can lower the dumbells more than the bar.

The key is to drive as much blood into the area as possible!

2-3

parrish said:
JMHFL7 said:

I do this:

Flat 4sets x 6-10 reps
Triceps - 2 exercises

--Try this--------- I do
Do 5 sets of incline with reps 1st do 20, (135)
2nd do 15, (185)
3rd do 10, (210)
4th do 5, (235)
5th do 2-3 (255)
then go to the weight from set 2(15reps-me 185my set#2) untill you can't

The key is to drive as much blood into the area as possible! 2-3

So less is more, huh?

JMHFL7 said:
So less is more, huh?

It is for me,see everyone is different & you have to find out what works best for you.
Over the years this has worked the best for me.
The first two sets get me warmed up to pump up with a good weight without burn out so gear or clean it works for me the same.

MikeG said:
Also, my left peck is bigger then my right, it looks to me like it's more then just muscle though. Looks like the ribs stick out more too.
Its called pectus excavatus (sp?) Its pretty common. I have it as well. Its a very sore subject for me. I plan on getting a small implant on the right side to even things out, but Im waiting until I can afford calf implants at the same time. 20' arms and 17' calves arent cutting it. I need to find a good surgeon and find out what type of long term implications the implants will bring in terms of affecting future training. My chest has always lagged. The only way Ive found to make up for it is to make it a priority and try to get as strong as possible. Sounds stupid, but its the uncomplicated answer. Once I was able to get 315 on the incline barbell for 10-12 my chest kept growing as I got stronger and stronger. I got to a point where I could do 365 for 9 on the incline. Then I strained my pec followed by a tear that required surgery. Since then I havent been able to regain my former strength.

Back