How do I except the body ive earned and be proud of it?

Titan7

Lifter of weights
Often when I look in a mirror all I see are the negatives, people tell me im lookin jacked and that they can tell ive been putting the work in but for some reason I can never feel good about it. Im only 21 but just got off a ph cycle, i was in great shape before the cycle but even now after being done and seeing the gains i cant help but feel its not good enough and im really hard on myself but I cant help it. I cant curb the need to be better than everyone physically and at the same time im reserved and quiet and hate the attention I get about my physical appearance. Like if someone compliments me on something I tend to write it off because I dont see myself the same way. Ive got the mentality that im never as good as the rest. Its especially hard when i hit 14-16% bf cause i view myself as being a fat a$$. This is hard on me and I think about it too much, am I alone in this? I need some help

Often when I look in a mirror all I see are the negatives, people tell me im lookin jacked and that they can tell ive been putting the work in but for some reason I can never feel good about it. Im only 21 but just got off a ph cycle, i was in great shape before the cycle but even now after being done and seeing the gains i cant help but feel its not good enough and im really hard on myself but I cant help it. I cant curb the need to be better than everyone physically and at the same time im reserved and quiet and hate the attention I get about my physical appearance. Like if someone compliments me on something I tend to write it off because I dont see myself the same way. Ive got the mentality that im never as good as the rest. Its especially hard when i hit 14-16% bf cause i view myself as being a fat a$$. This is hard on me and I think about it too much, am I alone in this? I need some help

You could have stolen these words directly from my mouth man, I feel the same exact way. Compliments don't mean a thing to me because I feel like they're just trying to be nice but I want honesty.

You are young my friend, and to be honest i think young people feel a lot of pressure to look this way or that way. Besides that, like Megatron said, body dismorphia is a real condition that a shit load of people suffer from, i know i did for many years. Use that negative as a positive to keep lifting and eating and putting time in to achieve the physique you want. This will not happen over night, it may even take years but eventually you will look in the mirror and say 'hey, im happy now'. I know that what happened with me. But i think no one will ever be satisfied 100% in this sport to stop doing what theyre doing, thats the beauty of it, always new challenges!!

And work on that confidence bro!!!!, people can smell that, even if your not pretend you are, its very beneficial in every aspect of life.

Last edited:
You are young my friend, and to be honest i think young people feel a lot of pressure to look this way or that way. Besides that, like Megatron said, body dismorphia is a real condition that a shit load of people suffer from, i know i did for many years. Use that negative as a positive to keep lifting and eating and putting time in to achieve the physique you want. This will not happen over night, it may even take years but eventually you will look in the mirror and say 'hey, im happy now'. I know that what happened with me. But i think no one will ever be satisfied 100% in this sport to stop doing what theyre doing, thats the beauty of it, always new challenges!!

And work on that confidence bro!!!!, people can smell that, even if your not pretend you are, its very beneficial in every aspect of life.

I agree with what he said man. I use my sadness or disappointment as motivation to train better,eat better,and to try to be the best I can be.

One other thing. I would honeslty go get blood work done to check your testosterone and see whats going on. You may have screwed it up with the PH cycle you did, but also, just because youre 21 doesn't mean your body (even before that cycle) is indefinitely producing proper amounts on its own, and that right there COULD be some of your issue. More young men suffer from lowT than even realize it.

One other thing. I would honeslty go get blood work done to check your testosterone and see whats going on. You may have screwed it up with the PH cycle you did, but also, just because youre 21 doesn't mean your body (even before that cycle) is indefinitely producing proper amounts on its own, and that right there COULD be some of your issue. More young men suffer from lowT than even realize it.

I definitely agree here. I was diagnosed with hypogonaditropism at age 21, not because I went to the endo to just do a check on my levels but because mentally and emotionally I felt completely off. Blood tests came back and what the do u know? test was less than 100mg/dl !! But I may be a special case. I also have a friend right now who sounds just like you... He is really big for his height, 5'9 and 230lb. He is shredded and runs no cycle. But his self-esteem and acceptance is shot, he never thinks he looks good and wont listen to others when they tell him he does.

Here is what I think when it comes to physical appearance. Most of us have a goal in mind, or are figuring it out as we work out and get results. For others like my friend, he may have never had a goal in the first place. He is basing his physical appearance off of what he thinks OTHERS want him to look like. And guess what, IT WILL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH! He never gave himself a chance to find out what he wants to look like when he looks in the mirror. Some guys thrive being huge with low body fat. Some guys excel with a yoga body that makes them feel like they can do anything. Others with cardio-capable bodies. Spend some time and think about what YOU want to look like.

After you see an endo of course...

Last edited:
I definitely agree here. I was diagnosed with hypogonaditropism at age 21, not because I went to the endo to just do a check on my levels but because mentally and emotionally I felt completely off. Blood tests came back and what the do u know? test was less than 100mg/dl !! But I may be a special case. I also have a friend right now who sounds just like you... He is really big for his height, 5'9 and 230lb. He is shredded and runs no cycle. But his self-esteem and acceptance is shot, he never thinks he looks good and wont listen to others when they tell him he does.

Here is what I think when it comes to physical appearance. Most of us have a goal in mind, or are figuring it out as we work out and get results. For others like my friend, he may have never had a goal in the first place. He is basing his physical appearance off of what he thinks OTHERS want him to look like. And guess what, IT WILL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH! He never gave himself a chance to find out what he wants to look like when he looks in the mirror. Some guys thrive being huge with low body fat. Some guys excel with a yoga body that makes them feel like they can do anything. Others with cardio-capable bodies. Spend some time and think about what YOU want to look like.

After you see an endo of course...

Well said and couldn't agree more.

Man you guys have really helped me see it from another aspect, you have no idea how much I appreciate all of your help. Im going to make an appointment to see an endo but hopefully im all good to go that way. Im going to try carb cycling for a while and add 3 days of cardio per day, may throw in a thermogenic as well. Ive always wanted a super cut and hard physique but I think maybe im too focused on the gym and cutting corners in the kitchen which has always been a struggle. Im going head over to the gym right now and get a big leg workout in. Thanks again bros, i feel positive and ready to kill it

Last edited:
I don't think looking in the mirrors and pointing out the negatives is always a bad thing. Personally keeps me motivated to keep going. What would be the point if you always thought you looked perfect. Take the negatives and use it to get to the next level of your goals.

Man you guys have really helped me see it from another aspect, you have no idea how much I appreciate all of your help. Im going to make an appointment to see an endo but hopefully im all good to go that way. Im going to try carb cycling for a while and add 3 days of cardio per day, may throw in a thermogenic as well. Ive always wanted a super cut and hard physique but I think maybe im too focused on the gym and cutting corners in the kitchen which has always been a struggle. Im going head over to the gym right now and get a big leg workout in. Thanks again bros, i feel positive and ready to kill it

2 weeks later and wt f bro ? U still gtg ?
How was your appointment or did u evenmake one ?
B4u pop off I m asking as I care.

All of us on here have various issues and different level s of bdd. And it is OK. When I was running 1.5 gram s of anything to compete...that was OK. I look in the mirror and ee fat obliqcues, flat traps,( we won t discuss my left leg..shot out ) skinny neck and small biceps.
But I go. I train. I do trt and then nothing crazy. You are a very very young man son. I say this as kindly as I can but be patient and it will come. I almost wish it was recquired to post a pic if people are gonna whine, bitch, bash, complain or boast.

That s why I don t bitch about politics or religion. I do not vote and do not buy into organized religion.

man... what a subject matter.. i could write a book on it..

there is this unrealistic standard set on how we should look in this society.. which in turn gives us this unrealistic image of what our body should look like.. never satisfied with what we have..

i guess you would have to be a former fatty to kinda understand that you dont have to be 6 pack mcgee all the time..

youre always going to look at your body and find the negatives.. its what drives you..

but i believe you should love yourself first before you make changes.. when you love yourself you find less to change.. you do things for the right reasons.. and not to fit someone elses expectations of you

man... what a subject matter.. i could write a book on it..

there is this unrealistic standard set on how we should look in this society.. which in turn gives us this unrealistic image of what our body should look like.. never satisfied with what we have..

i guess you would have to be a former fatty to kinda understand that you dont have to be 6 pack mcgee all the time..

youre always going to look at your body and find the negatives.. its what drives you..

but i believe you should love yourself first before you make changes.. when you love yourself you find less to change.. you do things for the right reasons.. and not to fit someone elses expectations of you

VERY well put!

do not think your the EXCEPTION to the rule..ur to young..

Instead recognize this and an ACCEPTANCE of the rule will be to your benefit.

Back