How do you label your vials?

BigRonWannabee

I use a sharpie and write simple (cyp, eq, deca, enan, prop, trenA, trenE etc ect..) on one the side of the aluminum cap. On the other side I put the concentration.

How do you label urs?

Have some nice labels that I print out with a laser printer. They look pretty professional actually!

gymphreak said:
no...he licks then and sticks them onto the vials and tapes it on so it sticks!

Lol, what he said... Self adhesive from Avery. Using #8663, they are opaque so they look cool. :)

I use a pen and I write it on the metal piece that holds the stopper in (can't think of the name right now). I push real hard so it indents the top, so even when the ink rubs off with when I clean the top of the vial, I can still see what was written.

I dunno, something like Tx's Test, Yellow Gold or somesuch.

I'd like to do some with labels for mvmaxx's fictitious lab...something like better bathtub brews or something.

I have thought about doing some cool labels at home but right now I use just an Avery label and write on it with a Sharpie.

I distribute fine art supplies and we have this new crazy looking colored pen that writes on glass and dries hard immediately so I may try that just for fun.

What are avery labels?

I would make some labels, but I think they would get ruined when I heated up my oils for injection. I like to boil some water and place the vial in the hot water. Unless the label is water proof, this won't work.

oh yeah, avery is stationary sheets of paper with precut rectangles or whatever, they are stickers, you can run them through the printer if you know how to do that i dont. i personally like makers, pretty pretty colors too:)

chichy

pullinbig said:
i put my gear on a hot plate for a couple of minutes to warm it up. works like a champ young eastomyster.

even though its not submerged in water, the heat of the oil can still effect the sticker adhesive. the better the adhesive, the less you have to worry about as long as its not in water.

chichy

Easto said:
What are avery labels?

I would make some labels, but I think they would get ruined when I heated up my oils for injection. I like to boil some water and place the vial in the hot water. Unless the label is water proof, this won't work.

The lables I use are almost a plastic type of material so they seem water proof. I don't think they'd take heat too well though as they aren't industrial. I used to do the hot water thing but now I run the loaded pin under hot water for a little bit instead. Same end result, nice warm gear.

Back