How fast does Testosterone Cypionate Raise Free Testosterone

Scratchersink

so i have been researching test cyp with no prevail on my question.

How fast does testosterone cyp raise free testosterone.

I understand after inject, it peaks in around the 3rd day?

But for instance, i started TRT Test cyp 100mg a week, my free test came in at 237 ng(right before TRT/ ref range 350-1197ng).
When will that number start going up, and where would you guess ill sit at with 100mg a week?

I have been dealing with horrible anxiety, and as weird as it sounds, i can sense it is from low test. So im wondering how many weeks should i give myself before i take the plunge and get on some anti anxiety meds.

Thanks guys!

Looks like you're actual talking about total testosterone, not free.

No matter, you're right that serum levels peak 2nd or 3rd day, but the effects take longer to feel.

quoted from Onset of effects of testosterone treatment and time span until maximum effects are achieved :

"Effects on sexual interest appear after 3 weeks plateauing at 6 weeks, with no further increments expected beyond. Changes in erections/ejaculations may require up to 6 months. Effects on quality of life manifest within 3-4 weeks, but maximum benefits take longer. Effects on depressive mood become detectable after 3-6 weeks with a maximum after 18-30 weeks. Effects on erythropoiesis are evident at 3 months, peaking at 9-12 months. Prostate-specific antigen and volume rise, marginally, plateauing at 12 months; further increase should be related to aging rather than therapy. Effects on lipids appear after 4 weeks, maximal after 6-12 months. Insulin sensitivity may improve within few days, but effects on glycemic control become evident only after 3-12 months. Changes in fat mass, lean body mass, and muscle strength occur within 12-16 weeks, stabilize at 6-12 months, but can marginally continue over years. Effects on inflammation occur within 3-12 weeks. Effects on bone are detectable already after 6 months while continuing at least for 3 years."

As to levels, this is hard to predict. My WAG is 600 to 1000 on 100mg/week

Last edited:
Exactly what i was looking for. Just to verify, blood serum peaks rather quickly but psychologically speaking, takes the times that are explained in the quote. Thank you so much for the quote and explanation.

Exactly what i was looking for. Just to verify, blood serum peaks rather quickly but psychologically speaking, takes the times that are explained in the quote. Thank you so much for the quote and explanation.

Correct - you won't quite reach your ultimate peak serum levels right off the first injection, because there is some residual from previous injections once you've reached "steady state"

I started on 200mg per week and really didn't feel much for 3 or 4 weeks, then things started to happen fast. In my case it stripped my middle-aged midsection fat right off even as I rapidly gained weight and size. Orgasms that felt like I was going to have a seizure, at age 49 I quickly got far stronger than I had ever been, etc.

It's 48hrs for the local peak, but about 4 weeks to reach saturation. That's why the study shows such a strong correlation between that time frame and the effects.

It's 48hrs for the local peak, but about 4 weeks to reach saturation. That's why the study shows such a strong correlation between that time frame and the effects.

Totally agree, personally though at a low dose I think it can take as long as 8 weeks to not only build to steady state, but to realize the benefits of the optimized T levels :)

I started on 200mg per week and really didn't feel much for 3 or 4 weeks, then things started to happen fast. In my case it stripped my middle-aged midsection fat right off even as I rapidly gained weight and size. Orgasms that felt like I was going to have a seizure, at age 49 I quickly got far stronger than I had ever been, etc.

That's where I am at 48yrs old, 250mg per week.. feeling great looking great..

Back