How much can you bench press??

people were calling this kid out in the bodybuilding.com forums. The were alot of people hatin on him. can't imagine why :)

check out in youtube:

16 year old andrew king. kentucky state record. bench press.

makes we want to take up basket-weaving now because obviously I'm doing something wrong.

hadnt maxed in a while,before my shoulder surgery back in january i did 335 x5 and 395x1 flat bench,no cycle.....incline my best is 365x1 and 315x6 no cycle,still weak for my size,my goal is 425 when i fully recover from my shoulder surgery

im very week for my size,indeed,i used the 5/3/1 method for 2 months before my injury and gained 25 pounds on my bench in 2 months,best training for strength ive ever done,and natural too

im very week for my size,indeed,i used the 5/3/1 method for 2 months before my injury and gained 25 pounds on my bench in 2 months,best training for strength ive ever done,and natural too

man if you're weak for your size.... i don't know what i've been doing anymore... sad face much /:

people were calling this kid out in the bodybuilding.com forums. The were alot of people hatin on him. can't imagine why :)

check out in youtube:

16 year old andrew king. kentucky state record. bench press.

makes we want to take up basket-weaving now because obviously I'm doing something wrong.

not tring to hate, but if i had to have that high of a bf% to lift that much, it wouldnt even be worth it... i like the healthy look, wonder what his diet is like, but yes VERY impressive!

i wonder how hard and long you guys had to go at it to hit those numbers! i've been training for 3 years+ now and all i could hit was 220lbs for 3 reps on my first cycle ):

i can say its taken some quality time in the gym
i played football in high school, then powerlifted in college, then bodybuilt in the later years of college

been lifting 17 yrs

i can say its taken some quality time in the gym
i played football in high school, then powerlifted in college, then bodybuilt in the later years of college

been lifting 17 yrs

you're definitely right about that... the impatience of my youth definitely gets to me sometimes haha. i can't ever stop thinking when i'd get the chance to compete in my first show as well most of the time

man if you're weak for your size.... i don't know what i've been doing anymore... sad face much /:

most guys here,my age and that i train with dont use aas and they are in the 450-500 range,and i feel embarassed when working out with them,but they've been benching for over 25 years and have strength training for years,me ive only been serious about benching for a year and a half,ive come along way,when my shoulder completely heals,im going after 425,best to my ability

how old are you bullseye? i wish i could be going at it hard too... but where i come from, most of our gyms are commercial. there really isn't any old school one where no one would bite your ass off for doing 1 rep maxes

how old are you bullseye? i wish i could be going at it hard too... but where i come from, most of our gyms are commercial. there really isn't any old school one where no one would bite your ass off for doing 1 rep maxes
im 45 years old,i started lifting in 2005,but i got into powerlifting about a year and a half ago,not to compete,i just have a goal of what i want to bench just once,my best lifting buddy benched 540 at age 53,and had never touched AAS in his life lol.....when i get back on track,im starting the 5/3/1/ program again,its the best for gaining strength,its rough as hell and will beat you up physically,but its worth it if you really want it,it has some off the wall workouts,but they work,i use board presses,bands,db floor presses,bb floor presses etc....and stuff i learned from my friend that helped my strength as well,doing decline close grip bench for triceps at 4 sets of 6,using the heaviest weight you can handle,aqnd building my lats using bent over bb rows,thats key as well and strong shoulders....i didnt know all that stuff meant anything until started training and i gained 25 pounds on my bench in 2 months.....luckily my gym is a hardcore gym where you can do what you want and it helps

i definitely agree on the last part of the hardcore gym... i always wanted to set up at least a power rack, but i dont have the money, and i live in an apartment /: but damned, bullseye, my respect goes to you for being that strong. you and your bunch of powerlifting buddies!

i definitely agree on the last part of the hardcore gym... i always wanted to set up at least a power rack, but i dont have the money, and i live in an apartment /: but damned, bullseye, my respect goes to you for being that strong. you and your bunch of powerlifting buddies!

thanks brother!!! what are your gym dues? mine is only 36 bucks a month

And when i totally heal,i hope i can reach my goal on my bench,but its gonna take a while,but im going to work my old ass off lol

that's a big IF right there man... sometimes i wonder if i'll keep lifting those lousy numbers forever. i just hope the college i study in the following year might solve all of this if the gym i had in mind is inaccessible

Back